Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 22:45 - Apr 24 with 745 viewsCheltenham_Blue

has become anti-football, and not what we asked for.

[Post edited 24 Apr 22:46]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

VAR on 23:05 - Apr 24 with 665 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looks like a sneaky elbow in the build up. Look at Wolves player bottom right who looks over his shoulder and then the Muff player rocks back on his heels. Hard to tell though, as the image quality is crap. Doesn’t look anywhere near an offside.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

VAR on 11:07 - Apr 25 with 443 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

VAR on 23:05 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

Looks like a sneaky elbow in the build up. Look at Wolves player bottom right who looks over his shoulder and then the Muff player rocks back on his heels. Hard to tell though, as the image quality is crap. Doesn’t look anywhere near an offside.

This happens all over a football pitch though - grabbing an arm or grabbing a shirt for a second or two before letting go, leaving a little something on someone just as they've released the ball etc.

It's not VAR that's the problem. It's the people in charge and how they are directly using it that's really killing the Prem in this country. I don't want much European football but whenever I do, I never see them have VAR issues and they're much much quicker and efficient at using VAR too.

Sadly, football is becoming too soft and nice. It's a contact sport slowly being morphed into a non contact sport.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

VAR on 11:12 - Apr 25 with 418 viewsJ2BLUE

VAR needs reform. The technology is fine but the stupid way it's used is ridiculous.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

VAR on 11:15 - Apr 25 with 407 viewsblueasfook

VAR on 11:12 - Apr 25 by J2BLUE

VAR needs reform. The technology is fine but the stupid way it's used is ridiculous.

All we needed was goal line technology for borderline goals. VAR goes too far and analyses everything in the build up. If you look hard enough you'll often find a reason to disallow a goal. What's really a joke with VAR is that they are STILL getting decisions wrong. Just scrap rhe whole thing. It hasn't improved the game at all.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

VAR on 11:23 - Apr 25 with 376 viewsVaughan8

VAR on 11:12 - Apr 25 by J2BLUE

Agreed. and the users are very good.

It seems like because they have the "tech", they have to use it. FOr offsides, I much prefer the one they use for European competitions. ALso in EUropean games, they seem a lot better at just going with the refs decision too.

Personally, I like the "clear and obvious" status which it was supposedly brought in for. I know there will be a difference of what is clear and obvious, but i'm sure people would be more happy with that.

A toenail offside doesn't make a difference. The Leeds' goal the other night would have been obvious.
VAR on 12:27 - Apr 25 with 323 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

VAR on 11:15 - Apr 25 by blueasfook

All we needed was goal line technology for borderline goals. VAR goes too far and analyses everything in the build up. If you look hard enough you'll often find a reason to disallow a goal. What's really a joke with VAR is that they are STILL getting decisions wrong. Just scrap rhe whole thing. It hasn't improved the game at all.

Human error was part of the game a few years ago pre VAR. The officials would get some big calls wrong, but by the end of the season, the right/wrong decisions would equal themselves out and it was football at the end of the day.

It gave people talking points, it would see you pick up points or it would see you drop points because of key decisions. You'd get players & managers come out after a game to be interviewed and be frustrated - as they would 20-30mins after a game because the emotions are high.

I would like to see us return to allowing humans officiate the game and make mistakes - humans aren't perfect. We didn't praise officials enough when they got things right, but we hammered them when they were wrong and called for VAR. Look where we are today, no better off at all.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

VAR on 12:44 - Apr 25 with 284 viewsSaleAway

VAR on 12:27 - Apr 25 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Human error was part of the game a few years ago pre VAR. The officials would get some big calls wrong, but by the end of the season, the right/wrong decisions would equal themselves out and it was football at the end of the day.

It gave people talking points, it would see you pick up points or it would see you drop points because of key decisions. You'd get players & managers come out after a game to be interviewed and be frustrated - as they would 20-30mins after a game because the emotions are high.

I would like to see us return to allowing humans officiate the game and make mistakes - humans aren't perfect. We didn't praise officials enough when they got things right, but we hammered them when they were wrong and called for VAR. Look where we are today, no better off at all.

The clear and obvious thing is the big interpretation here, which we seem to have given up on. Eg, for offsides, if you need to draw a line to work it out, its level and not offside...

Similarly for foul play issues, if, after 30 seconds, you can't tell that its a wrong decision, its not clear and obvious, so move on.

I'd actually go further. I'd make it more like cricket.. so for offsides, that's on the officials, ( bit like run outs and stumpings for cricket), they can refer that upstairs. For foul play, or handballs in the box, it should be 3 appeals per side, and you have to ask, rather than have every goal looked at for something small..

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024