Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield tickets 21:10 - Apr 23 with 4171 viewshermir10

Can someone explain the logic - or iniquity - of this ballot for Huddersfield tickets? I’m a season ticket holder (ie I’ve seen 20 home games) and a Super Blues member, yet I’m not going to able to get any more tickets for family and friends? Why do non- season ticket holders, who have invested far less in the club, get preference for such an important match?

danton
Blog: [Blog] Clough and Revie - Their Life and Their Conflict

Huddersfield tickets on 12:50 - Apr 24 with 1041 viewskeighleyblue

Huddersfield tickets on 21:24 - Apr 23 by Swansea_Blue

Non-season ticket holders don’t get preference. ST holders do by default. Next in priority they’ve gone by who’s been to the most matches at home this season. There’s an obvious logic there, although we could all argue over the criteria they’ve used to determine the next most ‘worthy’ fans. Personally I’d give them to those who suffered Grimsby away in Burley’s last season.

Huddersfield tickets on 13:08 - Apr 24 with 1003 viewsvirginblue

Huddersfield tickets on 07:54 - Apr 24 by hermir10

I only expected one extra ticket, as I was able to get for the Leicester and Southampton games. Of course I understand the increased demand and interest in the club. But to use a previous poster’s phrase, I’ve ‘invested’ 20 years of season ticket holding, watching this club through some dire years. For what could be our most important game in decades I think I’m entitled to be ahead in the queue of others who have watched a handful of games this season.
For what it’s worth, I also agree with the previous poster who said that those who watched Town on a wet and windy night in Grimsby in 2011 should get preference well beyond me (albeit impossible to work out). I go to every home game but don’t get to many away fixtures.
Anyway, I’m just about over this gripe now! COYB, whoever you are at PR on the 4th!

And the other 20,999 season ticket holders - do they get one as well?
Huddersfield tickets on 14:20 - Apr 24 with 941 viewsDave_Buh

Huddersfield tickets on 07:54 - Apr 24 by hermir10

I only expected one extra ticket, as I was able to get for the Leicester and Southampton games. Of course I understand the increased demand and interest in the club. But to use a previous poster’s phrase, I’ve ‘invested’ 20 years of season ticket holding, watching this club through some dire years. For what could be our most important game in decades I think I’m entitled to be ahead in the queue of others who have watched a handful of games this season.
For what it’s worth, I also agree with the previous poster who said that those who watched Town on a wet and windy night in Grimsby in 2011 should get preference well beyond me (albeit impossible to work out). I go to every home game but don’t get to many away fixtures.
Anyway, I’m just about over this gripe now! COYB, whoever you are at PR on the 4th!

I’m one of those fair weather people ahead of you in the queue. Always played football on Saturdays so could never commit to a season ticket and now having young kids means I’m still unable to commit. Have always made the effort to go to every game I can over the last 30 years through thick and thin and that includes trips to the ass end of nowhere to see us not even put up a fight. Was a season ticket holder from mid 90’s to early 2000’s before competitive football took over my weekends. But my apologies, your family member is definitely more deserving. Feel free to pm and I will transfer my ticket over to you.
Huddersfield tickets on 15:14 - Apr 24 with 874 viewsClareBlue

I had to sit across from Marcus Evans in a hotel in Dublin having my lunch once and was booked on the same flight as Paul Lambert to that 5 a side tournament in Germany a couple of years ago (the only person wearing Ipswich colours there as far as I saw), surely those two events entitle me to entry to every game for life. Lambert didn't board thankfully, but my tauma was real as I didn't know the seat allocation at the time.
Huddersfield tickets on 15:20 - Apr 24 with 862 viewsVegtablue

Huddersfield tickets on 09:56 - Apr 24 by hermir10

You do have a point. But I can only say that in my row and the one in front, 97% of ST holders are there for every home game.

Which means they and you have received fantastic value for money, as have I.

New season tickets likely won't be available for love nor money this summer, so the non-ST priority system will become ever more important for "looking after" our most active fans beneath the ST rung. We should consider "ring-fencing" a modest section of home tickets for those who would not otherwise qualify for tickets too IMO, otherwise we run the risk that many fans will be permanently shut out. Believe I've read that Leeds do something akin to this.
Huddersfield tickets on 17:03 - Apr 24 with 766 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Huddersfield tickets on 09:39 - Apr 24 by Vegtablue

It will be the same as normal hermir. I will be surrounded by my fellow ST holders and the 5000 or so others who have attended most regularly this season, as opposed to 5000 or so others who normally wouldn't be within a mile of the ground.

Putting some numbers on it, the adult renewal price for ST holders this season was £350, £440 or £550 I believe, roughly. The vast majority of those surrounding ST members will, to your irritation, be those who bought a membership and visited 5+ times. The average normal adult ticket price has been £32 I believe, with membership £40, so the person sneaking in by the skin of their teeth has spent £32 x 6 + 40 = £232, for 6 games lol. It puts the value of ST renewal into stark relief doesn't it.. those in the lower North will have enjoyed 17 extra games for just £120 more!

But you are ignoring the £0 that the friend/family member they want to attend in preference to the one who has invested £232 in the club (and may have previously been a season ticket holder and might even have invested £500+ into worthless shares in the club just to help it come through administration).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Huddersfield tickets on 19:04 - Apr 24 with 693 viewsITFCson

I have no season ticket. I have however been to every single home game (league and cup) this season. As well as many away games. Are you suggesting that because you have a ST your friends, uncles, barbers dog should have priority over me?
Huddersfield tickets on 20:10 - Apr 24 with 630 viewsTractorWood

Huddersfield tickets on 19:04 - Apr 24 by ITFCson

I have no season ticket. I have however been to every single home game (league and cup) this season. As well as many away games. Are you suggesting that because you have a ST your friends, uncles, barbers dog should have priority over me?

Maybe OP but no one else is bud. Fair play and hopefully we can polish it off.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield tickets on 20:17 - Apr 24 with 616 viewsMullet

Your post is sh1t. Your point is sh1t. Your attitude is sh1t.

Sh1t.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Huddersfield tickets on 22:44 - Apr 24 with 525 viewsITFCson

Huddersfield tickets on 20:10 - Apr 24 by TractorWood

Maybe OP but no one else is bud. Fair play and hopefully we can polish it off.

I couldn’t resist the banter at the OP’s odd take on priority. Let’s hope we can get it done, would be brilliant if QPR can do us a favor on Friday but I can’t see it.
Huddersfield tickets on 18:52 - Apr 25 with 310 viewsstrikalite

Huddersfield tickets on 20:17 - Apr 24 by Mullet

Your post is sh1t. Your point is sh1t. Your attitude is sh1t.

Sh1t.

I know you attend a lot of away games, did you manage to get a ticket?
Huddersfield tickets on 19:30 - Apr 25 with 278 viewsMullet

Huddersfield tickets on 18:52 - Apr 25 by strikalite

I know you attend a lot of away games, did you manage to get a ticket?

Yep, done enough home games too so unfortunately for the OP I'll be there.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024