Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? 16:37 - Apr 23 with 1144 viewsMaySixth

Probably just me - I would be very pleased for the town itself, the money it would generate and a lot of younger fans watching top class teams and players.
Also would love a big celebration post Huddersfield
The reasons I am ambivalent
1) Kick offs all over the place
2) Plastics and bandwagon jumpers everywhere
3) Ridiculous over-expectations
4) Struggle most weeks
I've loved the journey over the last few years and we've over-achieved by miles
[Post edited 23 Apr 16:37]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 16:43 - Apr 23 with 1068 viewsSitfcB

Points one to three have been happening all this season.

Let’s just fold the club and not bother anymore.

Can’t believe what I read on here sometimes what with this and Wally’s thread.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 16:43 - Apr 23 with 1063 viewsJ2BLUE

We've had Poundland troll. Here comes 50p shop troll.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 16:45 - Apr 23 with 1054 views_clive_baker_

Can see your point, but if you don't want to get to the destination then the journey feels a little pointless.

That's not to say I won't look back with fondness at the last few years, it wouldn't surprise me at all if, in hindsight, those memories aren't surpassed. Barnsley, Derby, Peterborough, Exeter, Southampton, Watford (A), Bristol City, Wednesday, Wall, Hull. So many memories, so many great days. Hopefully a few more to come this season. The premier league is a bit of a farce, I don't care much for what it's become, but I would like to see us having a seat at the table at least for a bit. I want it for the players too, so many of them deserve a crack at it.
Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 17:35 - Apr 23 with 950 viewslizzibee

Yup -let's just not bother with progression...I can't believe I read stuff like this
Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 17:39 - Apr 23 with 931 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 17:35 - Apr 23 by lizzibee

Yup -let's just not bother with progression...I can't believe I read stuff like this

I can't believe you can't believe you read stuff like this on here.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 17:52 - Apr 23 with 890 viewsRyorry

I've had the coping mechanism of saying something similar to myself since well before Christmas, telling myself VAR will take the joy out of us scoring; that I don't want to see us on the wrong end of humiliating scorelines; that it'll be difficult to strengthen our squad without damaging our current team spirit - etc.

But that's all those thoughts are - a coping mechanism, in case we don't make it, which may help me deal with what will certainly be a massive, massive disappointment if we're not promoted after such a glorious season as this,

Above all, as someone else mentioned, I'll feel so upset for the players, coaches behind the scenes staff & ownership group, who've given their absolute all for the Club we love.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 18:01 - Apr 23 with 843 viewsMK1

1) Why more so in another league?
2) You get them in every league.
3) Think we all know the score.
4) if we get it right, no reason to be so.

Good points.
1) Get to watch some of the best players in the world.
2) Good for local business. More away fans = revenue.
3) So called plastic fans become regulars.
4) More money for the club = more money to spend on community projects in local area.

Really don't understand your negativity.
Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 18:20 - Apr 23 with 784 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ll be gutted. The players and staff will be too, I’m sure. To get to this point with three games to go, with auto promotion in our own hands, and then miss out will be a massive kick in the nuts.

IF we end up in the POs, it’ll be interesting to see how we respond. A lesser team might struggle to overcome the disappointment of missing out on the autos, but we’re not that lesser team any more. I think 3rd place teams have the better record in getting through the POs too, but not entirely sure on that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 18:31 - Apr 23 with 728 viewsEuropablue

Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 18:01 - Apr 23 by MK1

1) Why more so in another league?
2) You get them in every league.
3) Think we all know the score.
4) if we get it right, no reason to be so.

Good points.
1) Get to watch some of the best players in the world.
2) Good for local business. More away fans = revenue.
3) So called plastic fans become regulars.
4) More money for the club = more money to spend on community projects in local area.

Really don't understand your negativity.

It definitely feels like we are at the peak of the enjoyment of supporting our club even if we have not reached the pinnacle of English football. The prospect of going up is definitely not as exciting as the last time. It's mostly because the wealth disparity has become crazy and VAR has sucked all of the joy out of celebrating goals. I think that those problems can be addressed. VAR doesn't have to be used for everything. Offsides should be decided in 10 seconds, if you can't tell from a replay whether the goal is offside of not, then it isn't.
The thought of starting in the same league again with zero points and trying to get anywhere near our current points total is daunting. I really don't know if I can get myself excited for it again, but I am severely fatigued. The expectation to win every week is exhausting, I actually don't mind the idea of losing a lot more matches than 6 next season because wins will be more special and draws won't feel like losses.
I'm not that bothered about being in the Premier League, I just want us to get promoted to cap this season and I really want that to be automatic, and if I can be greedy I want us to win the whole thing!
Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 20:17 - Apr 23 with 535 viewslizzibee

Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 17:39 - Apr 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

I can't believe you can't believe you read stuff like this on here.

problem is there are those who genuinely do not believe the club should go up and progress - and the constant negativity...
Anyone else not bothered if we don't go up this season? on 20:22 - Apr 23 with 504 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I am bothered - not because the PL is some exciting promised land, but because of the potential ramifications of not going up. Davis dead balls are a thing of beauty, and McKenna ball the best thing I’ve ever experienced at Portman Rd. Potentially we could lose both of those.

That said not sure why I gave a serious answer to an obvious (and prolific troll). Took the bait I guess…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024