Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. 22:29 - Apr 22 with 2821 viewsITFC_Forever

…. Points in the bag are vital at this stage of the season.

Got an overwhelming fear we’ve missed our opportunity in the last couple of weeks, and will regret it.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:33 - Apr 22 with 2594 viewsSitfcB

I feel sick.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:33 - Apr 22 with 2591 viewspeterleeblue

A doomsday scenario suggests you may be right.
However the way the season has panned out so far suggest this will be decided in injury time on the last day.⁶
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:37 - Apr 22 with 2536 viewsITFC_Forever

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:33 - Apr 22 by SitfcB

I feel sick.

Yep.

(Almost) preferred it when we were crap. At least you knew where you stood.

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:43 - Apr 22 with 2450 viewsportmanking

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:33 - Apr 22 by SitfcB

I feel sick.

Was worse the fact that Boro took the lead and dangled the carrot...
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:45 - Apr 22 with 2421 viewsBABLUE

This, the last 3 games gave us a great chance to be clear.

I just can’t see us winning the last 3 & Leeds look like they could outscore anyone
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:47 - Apr 22 with 2384 viewsSitfcB

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:43 - Apr 22 by portmanking

Was worse the fact that Boro took the lead and dangled the carrot...

…then teased us horribly at the end.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:50 - Apr 22 with 2357 viewspeterleeblue

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:45 - Apr 22 by BABLUE

This, the last 3 games gave us a great chance to be clear.

I just can’t see us winning the last 3 & Leeds look like they could outscore anyone

Against an open Boro side yes but failed against Sunderland and Blackburn.

So Leeds and Leicester have dropped points whilst we have but it us that will end up ruing the missed opportunities and not them. Is that what parachute payments get you. A defeatist attitude amongst your rivals fan base.?
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:53 - Apr 22 with 2323 viewsLankHenners

Yeah points in the bag trumps games in hand every single time imo. Could just about stomach the 'could be a good point' narrative after Watford but wasn't at all sure about some of the nonchalance after Boro - really should have put them to bed.

Flip side of that is that every team can point to games they should have got more from - Leeds and Leicester will certainly be feeling they should have more points from the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully we feel better after Saturday with Leeds dropping points at QPR and us beating Hull so we regain a bit of control.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:57 - Apr 22 with 2254 viewsportmanking

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:53 - Apr 22 by LankHenners

Yeah points in the bag trumps games in hand every single time imo. Could just about stomach the 'could be a good point' narrative after Watford but wasn't at all sure about some of the nonchalance after Boro - really should have put them to bed.

Flip side of that is that every team can point to games they should have got more from - Leeds and Leicester will certainly be feeling they should have more points from the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully we feel better after Saturday with Leeds dropping points at QPR and us beating Hull so we regain a bit of control.

Not winning one of those two home games is absolutely the difference between being home and hosed and staring down the barrel. Even winning one and losing one would have worked out better than two draws (stating the obvious, I know).
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:58 - Apr 22 with 2249 viewsTractorWood

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:37 - Apr 22 by ITFC_Forever

Yep.

(Almost) preferred it when we were crap. At least you knew where you stood.

It's the hope that kills you. The last few weeks have been horrific.

I know we should all be immensely grateful but every game is so critical.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:59 - Apr 22 with 2234 viewsLeoMuff

If Leeds drop points at QPR we it still very we placed

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 23:02 - Apr 22 with 2220 viewsportmanking

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:58 - Apr 22 by TractorWood

It's the hope that kills you. The last few weeks have been horrific.

I know we should all be immensely grateful but every game is so critical.

Dya know what? For me, it's more the fact we've been top two for most of the sodding season. If we were West Brom or even Southampton with an outside chance of top two I'd be far more sanguine. Victims of our own success, of course.
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 23:15 - Apr 22 with 2102 viewsBABLUE

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:50 - Apr 22 by peterleeblue

Against an open Boro side yes but failed against Sunderland and Blackburn.

So Leeds and Leicester have dropped points whilst we have but it us that will end up ruing the missed opportunities and not them. Is that what parachute payments get you. A defeatist attitude amongst your rivals fan base.?

Whoever finishes 3rd will rue those missed opportunities and I fear that will be us is all.

Hull & Cov away are about as hard a pair of games that we could have in the next week.

If we win our last 3, I will be ecstatic and it will be one of the others looking back thinking what if.
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 07:00 - Apr 23 with 1563 viewsITFC_Forever

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 23:15 - Apr 22 by BABLUE

Whoever finishes 3rd will rue those missed opportunities and I fear that will be us is all.

Hull & Cov away are about as hard a pair of games that we could have in the next week.

If we win our last 3, I will be ecstatic and it will be one of the others looking back thinking what if.

Maybe, for once, it’s our turn.

But the fear is looking large at the moment. And there’s some good teams in the POs (and Norwich), if we do it, either automatically or through the play-offs, we’ll have done it the hard way.

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 07:22 - Apr 23 with 1459 viewsitfc_bucks

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 07:00 - Apr 23 by ITFC_Forever

Maybe, for once, it’s our turn.

But the fear is looking large at the moment. And there’s some good teams in the POs (and Norwich), if we do it, either automatically or through the play-offs, we’ll have done it the hard way.

I genuinely think the league is weaker next year, looking at who might fall from the Prem and the teams left in the champ.

I'll certainly take promotion now, but staying down isn't the disaster some seem to believe it will be.

The biggest negative would be the likely loss of Leif.
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 07:27 - Apr 23 with 1416 viewsITFC_Forever

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 07:22 - Apr 23 by itfc_bucks

I genuinely think the league is weaker next year, looking at who might fall from the Prem and the teams left in the champ.

I'll certainly take promotion now, but staying down isn't the disaster some seem to believe it will be.

The biggest negative would be the likely loss of Leif.

More worried about the likely loss of McK if we stay down.

Davis going will be a shame, but we know the business model is buy cheap, sell high and reinvest.

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 07:39 - Apr 23 with 1366 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Jeez, I thought I was a pessimist…let’s just pack up the season now and not bother with the last three games then. Leeds are the best team to grace this league ever, and haven’t lost more games than us.

Suddenly Hull and Coventry are not upper mid table with a remote chance of a playoff place but world beaters. Look we’ve beaten better teams than them (in fact we’ve already beaten both of them). We should be nicely refreshed to go and put in some high intensity performances.

If we don’t manage it - we should not be decrying missed chances but celebrating our best season in nearly two decades and praising a group of players who’ve pushed themselves to their limits (and delivered the hope and entertainment that has been missing from the club since the Burley days)
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 07:59 - Apr 23 with 1272 viewsHerbivore

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 23:15 - Apr 22 by BABLUE

Let's not over egg the Hull and Coventry games as being murderous. They're both in bang average form over the last 6 games and both are about as inconsistent at home as they are away from home. By the time we play them it's possible, in fact likely, that they won't be able to make the play offs and both will be coming off a run of tough fixtures themselves whilst we'll have had a well timed break. All this pessimism and negativity after a fantastic season in which we've shown plenty of times we can win games like the ones we have remaining is really starting to boil my piss. It's still in our hands and Leeds didn't exactly convince against a Boro side who couldn't defend and had nothing to play for, they still had to rely on some dubious refereeing to get it done. They have two hard games left themselves. Let's all stop wetting our undies for a bit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 08:03 - Apr 23 with 1247 viewsportmanking

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 07:59 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

Let's not over egg the Hull and Coventry games as being murderous. They're both in bang average form over the last 6 games and both are about as inconsistent at home as they are away from home. By the time we play them it's possible, in fact likely, that they won't be able to make the play offs and both will be coming off a run of tough fixtures themselves whilst we'll have had a well timed break. All this pessimism and negativity after a fantastic season in which we've shown plenty of times we can win games like the ones we have remaining is really starting to boil my piss. It's still in our hands and Leeds didn't exactly convince against a Boro side who couldn't defend and had nothing to play for, they still had to rely on some dubious refereeing to get it done. They have two hard games left themselves. Let's all stop wetting our undies for a bit.

I think it's the way the schedule's fallen that's not helping the psyche of our fans. I don't think it's been kind to us whatsoever. A fortnight of watching your closest rivals pile more and more pressure on your results and potentially making Hull a must-win from the get-go.

I'd love to know what the league would look like had we all played the last 3-4 games at the same time as each other.
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 08:09 - Apr 23 with 1200 viewsHerbivore

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 08:03 - Apr 23 by portmanking

I think it's the way the schedule's fallen that's not helping the psyche of our fans. I don't think it's been kind to us whatsoever. A fortnight of watching your closest rivals pile more and more pressure on your results and potentially making Hull a must-win from the get-go.

I'd love to know what the league would look like had we all played the last 3-4 games at the same time as each other.

The flip side of that is we go into our final three games knowing exactly what we need to do to seal automatic promotion. If Leeds drop points at QPR, which is certainly not impossible given QPR need points themselves and Loftus Road isn't an easy place to go, then we go into our last 3 games knowing 5 or 6 points will be enough. If they don't drop points then nothing has hugely changed, we've known for a while that to guarantee automatics we need to win all of our remaining games and that's still the case now.

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 08:11 - Apr 23 with 1181 viewsportmanking

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 08:09 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

The flip side of that is we go into our final three games knowing exactly what we need to do to seal automatic promotion. If Leeds drop points at QPR, which is certainly not impossible given QPR need points themselves and Loftus Road isn't an easy place to go, then we go into our last 3 games knowing 5 or 6 points will be enough. If they don't drop points then nothing has hugely changed, we've known for a while that to guarantee automatics we need to win all of our remaining games and that's still the case now.

Yeah but there's difference between winning them all to guarantee them and winning them all just to have a chance at automatics.

I dunno, I just think, once again, Sky do everything they can to dramatise the whole situation and it's not fair on any of the teams at the top IMO.

I do think the tight ground of Loftus Road will pose more problems for Leeds as there won't be 20-30 yards of space to get in behind.
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 08:19 - Apr 23 with 1147 viewsHerbivore

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 08:11 - Apr 23 by portmanking

Yeah but there's difference between winning them all to guarantee them and winning them all just to have a chance at automatics.

I dunno, I just think, once again, Sky do everything they can to dramatise the whole situation and it's not fair on any of the teams at the top IMO.

I do think the tight ground of Loftus Road will pose more problems for Leeds as there won't be 20-30 yards of space to get in behind.

We were chasing for quite a bit of last season and it didn't do us any harm. I think we're looking to get excuses in early with the scheduling, I don't feel it makes much difference to be honest. There's pros and cons to laying first and pros and cons to playing second. We've got much more to complain about when it comes to some of the officiating this season, imo. Leeds don't win that game last night with unbiased/semi-competent officiating.

Agree that QPR isn't ideal for Leeds. All their threat come on the transition when there's space to exploit, pretty much all of their goals game from exactly that scenario last night. They don't look as convincing when having to break sides down and when the game is squeezed and compact, so it'll be interesting to see how they fare at Loftus Road. I imagine they'll get a helping hand from the officials at some point but hopefully QPR can get something from it.

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 08:58 - Apr 23 with 1050 viewsdirtyboy

It's the timing of everything that hurts.

Start of season, offered 3/4th spot, 99/100 fans would have taken it without a second thought.

If we end up in the playoffs, I fancy us being able to beat any of the teams over two games.

The final is a final, different prospect all together, but it's a chance.

There's also that fairytale of Hirst scoring at Wembley in the final to imagine.
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 17:13 - Apr 23 with 645 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 22:59 - Apr 22 by LeoMuff

If Leeds drop points at QPR we it still very we placed

That’s the key game now for 2nd meaning we only need 2 wins!

Southampton win tonight it opens up 1st n 2nd
That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 17:45 - Apr 23 with 584 viewsstrikalite

That feels like a massive win for Leeds…. on 08:11 - Apr 23 by portmanking

I think without this two week break we'd have really struggled as we've been looking very leggy of late and results have reflected that too, I understand the pressure will probably be really on us to win every game, but I'd still take the two week rest if given the choice..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024