Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Szmodics 12:43 - Apr 21 with 1383 viewsRedX

What a signing he would be if we were promoted.

A fantastic player.
Szmodics on 12:47 - Apr 21 with 1345 viewsParky

I can’t see it, Blackburn would want at least 8 figures for him, turns 29 this summer, so doesn’t really fit our mould of signing with the potential of a big sell-on. He’s having a fantastic season however, we should’ve taken the gamble when he was at Colchester.
Szmodics on 12:57 - Apr 21 with 1275 viewsRedX

Szmodics on 12:47 - Apr 21 by Parky

I can’t see it, Blackburn would want at least 8 figures for him, turns 29 this summer, so doesn’t really fit our mould of signing with the potential of a big sell-on. He’s having a fantastic season however, we should’ve taken the gamble when he was at Colchester.

Fair points. I wonder what his contract situation is? On form he’s worth a nice chunk of cash but age and contract lenght could change that a fair bit.
Szmodics on 13:11 - Apr 21 with 1215 viewsLancsBlue

You're not one of the guys that were saying we should sign Cole Stockton after his one good season a couple of years ago are you?

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Szmodics on 13:14 - Apr 21 with 1208 viewsStokieBlue

He's been excellent this season.

However, if you look at his previous seasons in the Championship he's never done anything like it before and at the age of 28 it's a gamble that he will do it again at this level let alone a level above.

He would also cost a huge amount at the moment.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Szmodics on 13:37 - Apr 21 with 1091 viewsSitfcB

We’ve shown interest in recent windows, I’ve always wanted us to get him and as Parky says, we should’ve got him when he was at Colchester.

If we go up I doubt he’s the type of player we’ll look to sign but who knows?

If we stay down we should be all over him, but can see a lower placed Prem team go for him.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Szmodics on 13:47 - Apr 21 with 1042 viewsle2blue

Szmodics on 13:37 - Apr 21 by SitfcB

We’ve shown interest in recent windows, I’ve always wanted us to get him and as Parky says, we should’ve got him when he was at Colchester.

If we go up I doubt he’s the type of player we’ll look to sign but who knows?

If we stay down we should be all over him, but can see a lower placed Prem team go for him.

Interesting to hear Darren Ambrose say on TownTv that Sammy was an Ipswich fan growing up, not sure he is now.
Szmodics on 13:58 - Apr 21 with 983 viewsGuthrum

Szmodics on 13:47 - Apr 21 by le2blue

Interesting to hear Darren Ambrose say on TownTv that Sammy was an Ipswich fan growing up, not sure he is now.

I thought somebody said he didn't like ITFC. Or am I thinking of another player?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Szmodics on 14:08 - Apr 21 with 944 viewsRegencyBlue

Szmodics on 12:47 - Apr 21 by Parky

Blackburn may want that for him but they are in financial trouble and might not have a choice but to accept lower offers.

They can’t get any money from the Venkys at the moment because they are under investigation by the Indian government, who won’t let them send money to the UK, and will have sell to keep the club running in the summer.

Not saying we should buy Szmodics but I think he’ll be available for a lot less than £10 million.
Login to get fewer ads

Szmodics on 14:14 - Apr 21 with 901 viewsTrumptonBlue

Szmodics on 13:58 - Apr 21 by Guthrum

I thought somebody said he didn't like ITFC. Or am I thinking of another player?

He certainly seemed to enjoy winding up the Town fans when he scored at PR for Peterborough a few years back.
Szmodics on 15:00 - Apr 21 with 742 viewsElderGrizzly

His season does have a feel of that one stupendous season Daryl Murphy had for us.

Too old and not enough quality for a PL side and assume given he’s 29 and only at Blackburn for a reason
Szmodics on 15:59 - Apr 21 with 574 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Szmodics on 15:00 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

His season does have a feel of that one stupendous season Daryl Murphy had for us.

Too old and not enough quality for a PL side and assume given he’s 29 and only at Blackburn for a reason

Didn't Bradley Dack score a lot of goals playing the same role for Blackburn previously too? Some systems showcase a player in particular roles very well. Clearly Szmodics is a very good player in that role, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024