Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London 09:04 - Apr 21 with 17601 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:43 - Apr 22 with 1752 viewslowhouseblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:37 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yeah so that data would only be valid for people walking around with security details, that refer to you as being part of a hate mob and promote right wing settler groups in Israel.....so pretty limited really and he seemed to be having trouble getting the reaction he wanted......but anyhooooo.....

hello victim. this is bds. if you give him 24 hours he'll come up with reasons why it's actually all your fault.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:27 - Apr 22 with 1586 viewseireblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:37 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yeah so that data would only be valid for people walking around with security details, that refer to you as being part of a hate mob and promote right wing settler groups in Israel.....so pretty limited really and he seemed to be having trouble getting the reaction he wanted......but anyhooooo.....

The Observer eEffect is alway in play whenever a system is observed, it is a scientific principle.

Hence needing double blind experiments, in cases where the thing being observed, may infer something from the actions of the observer, and hence effect the outcome.

So a system will always be affected by being observed.

Glad you have recognised such a principle.

And as we could see, people still felt comfortable at being abusive.

So what you seem to be suggesting is better observation is required.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:35 - Apr 22 with 1544 viewsElderGrizzly

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 17:34 - Apr 22 by Swansea_Blue

You're quite right. In the context of that march he would have been 'easily identifiable' or 'clearly identifiable' or 'obviously' Jewish, if anyone wanted to cause any grief. An easy target. There's no evidence that anyone did want to single him out of course. So I suppose there's a case for arguing the police were too cautious? Trouble is, if they knew of a potential flashpoint, did noting to prevent it developing and then there was a problem, all hell would break loose. Damned if they do, damned if they don't on this one I suspect.

I suspect 90% of the police's stubbornness and why the conversation went on for nearly a quarter of an hour was because the bloke was being a pain in the arse. But then it's his job to be, as he's an activist.

C4 news say they have seen even more video of the day from different locations and different officers.

Again, wrong thing to say to him in the moment by the officer, but it was entirely planned by the agitator and the media are now calling it out unlike this morning when he was the ‘hero’

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:38 - Apr 22 with 1531 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:27 - Apr 22 by eireblue

The Observer eEffect is alway in play whenever a system is observed, it is a scientific principle.

Hence needing double blind experiments, in cases where the thing being observed, may infer something from the actions of the observer, and hence effect the outcome.

So a system will always be affected by being observed.

Glad you have recognised such a principle.

And as we could see, people still felt comfortable at being abusive.

So what you seem to be suggesting is better observation is required.

Shame I had to point it out to you.
#you'reclutchingatstrawsnow.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:41 - Apr 22 with 1510 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:35 - Apr 22 by ElderGrizzly

C4 news say they have seen even more video of the day from different locations and different officers.

Again, wrong thing to say to him in the moment by the officer, but it was entirely planned by the agitator and the media are now calling it out unlike this morning when he was the ‘hero’

The bloke is a right wing @rse with lots of support on here....strange!!

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:36 - Apr 22 with 1424 viewsDJR

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:36 - Apr 21 by DJR

I donated to the Campaign Against Antisemitism when it was set up (and receive its emails), and think it does a very good job of standing up for the Jewish community, but my take on what took place is that it is a public order matter in the sense that it is similar to a case the police might try to prevent someone with, say, Chelsea colours walking towards a group of West Ham fans, or a Muslim (dressed as such) walking towards a group of Hindus in Leicester at a time when there were tensions a couple of years ago.

Of course it is a tragedy that Jewish do not feel safe on the streets but I am not sure if this can properly be regarded as such a case because Gideon Falter appeared to be trying to mount a type of counter demonstration and did not seem scared or fazed by events.
[Post edited 21 Apr 9:39]

I was one of the first to post on this thread (see above) and the further facts that have emerged have reinforced my view that what I posted was correct.

Interesting to see Mark Rowley now coming out in full support of the officer involved which I think is good to see in the face of increasing attacks on the police from politicians on the right on all sorts of issues. The police don't always get it right but I sense an increasing tendency from politicians to influence the police on operational matters, which I am not convinced is a healthy development in a liberal democracy.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/22/met-police-chief-praises-profess

This from the article is also interesting.

"Rowley criticised activists who he believed were going to protests to entrap officers by taking a photo or video which then is placed out of context on social media, triggering a storm of criticism. This has often then been bolstered by politicians on the right.

The Met commissioner stressed he was not talking about the latest incident with Falter. He said: “I’m not going to answer that in relation to the Gideon Falter incident … just to be crystal clear.

“But there are very clearly some situations where officers are being set up with an absolute intention to intimidate officers and create a sort of fakery to try and prove police are not operating neutrally without fear or favour.”

The most glaring example for Rowley was an Asian officer who had a pro-Palestinian sticker glued on his arm for a short time, which was photographed. That photo was then placed on social media.

Rowley said the officer and his wife had faced death threats. “What’s disappointing is that credible and significant commentators leap on top of that and magnify it, while we’re doing factchecking,” he added."

Perhaps the moral of the tale is to be suspicious of anything posted on social media in the political sphere because there is always an agenda. As it is, apart from TWTD, I have nothing to do with social media.
[Post edited 22 Apr 21:43]
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:47 - Apr 22 with 1386 viewsreusersfreekicks

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:24 - Apr 22 by GlasgowBlue

See what is happening here is that a Jewish man has been discriminated against due to being “openly Jewish” and so now several posters attempt to divert this and attack his character, which has no relevance to the incident.

Come on GB that's not the case. I haven't seen anyone condone the words used, quite the opposite. However your initial characterisation of his actions was inaccurate.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 00:02 - Apr 23 with 1290 viewsWhos_blue

It's sometimes difficult to come in late on such lengthy and sensitive threads.
Initially, on the face of it, it did indeed seem that a British Jew had been unacceptably discriminated against whilst going about their business. However, as more footage is coming to light, it is seemingly starting to smell a bit and is edging towards a manufactured situation. Either Mr Falter is genuinely in fear for his safety, or his need to be surrounded by "security" does question his intentions.
If the purpose is to raise awareness of how precarious life can be for Jews around the UK, that has some merit, but if the intention is to be deliberately provocative, I'm not sure how that supports that cause.
Regarding the interaction with the Police officer, I would imagine said officer is regretting the very clumsy language he's used, but having watched with interest the 13 minute version of the footage, I would have to say that I found the actions of the officer relatively composed throughout given the over riding circumstances of helping to manage a large march in a safe manner.
I was also disappointed to hear Mr Falter has consistently referred to the Pro Palestine marches as hate marches. I haven't attended any of the marches so can't say with any certainty, but from what I've seen reported, other than relatively small instances of unacceptable behaviour, the marchers have conducted themselves in an appropriate manner.
Be interesting to see how this story develops.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Login to get fewer ads

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:37 - Apr 23 with 1133 viewsGlasgowBlue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:36 - Apr 22 by DJR

I was one of the first to post on this thread (see above) and the further facts that have emerged have reinforced my view that what I posted was correct.

Interesting to see Mark Rowley now coming out in full support of the officer involved which I think is good to see in the face of increasing attacks on the police from politicians on the right on all sorts of issues. The police don't always get it right but I sense an increasing tendency from politicians to influence the police on operational matters, which I am not convinced is a healthy development in a liberal democracy.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/22/met-police-chief-praises-profess

This from the article is also interesting.

"Rowley criticised activists who he believed were going to protests to entrap officers by taking a photo or video which then is placed out of context on social media, triggering a storm of criticism. This has often then been bolstered by politicians on the right.

The Met commissioner stressed he was not talking about the latest incident with Falter. He said: “I’m not going to answer that in relation to the Gideon Falter incident … just to be crystal clear.

“But there are very clearly some situations where officers are being set up with an absolute intention to intimidate officers and create a sort of fakery to try and prove police are not operating neutrally without fear or favour.”

The most glaring example for Rowley was an Asian officer who had a pro-Palestinian sticker glued on his arm for a short time, which was photographed. That photo was then placed on social media.

Rowley said the officer and his wife had faced death threats. “What’s disappointing is that credible and significant commentators leap on top of that and magnify it, while we’re doing factchecking,” he added."

Perhaps the moral of the tale is to be suspicious of anything posted on social media in the political sphere because there is always an agenda. As it is, apart from TWTD, I have nothing to do with social media.
[Post edited 22 Apr 21:43]

The central point has not changed, The Police officer literally said “You are quite openly Jewish, this is a pro-Palestinian march, I’m not accusing you of anything but I’m worried about the reaction to your presence”

The Police clearly think it’s not safe for someone one who is visibly Jewish to come into contact with people who claim they are marching for peace.

If Gideon Falter wasn’t there by chance, as he originally claimed, but was there to prove a point then that point was proven. It has become potentially unsafe to be a visibly Jewish person in and around these demonstrations, unless you are Jew chanting “Free Palestine”. Jews who live in London are frightened to walk around the city at weekends.

As I said yesterday in reply to another poster: You would be allowed to cross where you want . A Jewish man wasn’t. That’s all there is to this story. Anything else and we are going around in circles.

I see that further footage has emerged that shows Gideon was accused by the officer of making a throat cutting gesture, whereas video evidence shows it was a protester.

[Post edited 23 Apr 7:40]

Iron Lion Zion

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:52 - Apr 23 with 1104 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:37 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

The central point has not changed, The Police officer literally said “You are quite openly Jewish, this is a pro-Palestinian march, I’m not accusing you of anything but I’m worried about the reaction to your presence”

The Police clearly think it’s not safe for someone one who is visibly Jewish to come into contact with people who claim they are marching for peace.

If Gideon Falter wasn’t there by chance, as he originally claimed, but was there to prove a point then that point was proven. It has become potentially unsafe to be a visibly Jewish person in and around these demonstrations, unless you are Jew chanting “Free Palestine”. Jews who live in London are frightened to walk around the city at weekends.

As I said yesterday in reply to another poster: You would be allowed to cross where you want . A Jewish man wasn’t. That’s all there is to this story. Anything else and we are going around in circles.

I see that further footage has emerged that shows Gideon was accused by the officer of making a throat cutting gesture, whereas video evidence shows it was a protester.

Well this thread has certainly established one thing....Gideon Falter lies and can not be trusted.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:58 - Apr 23 with 1094 viewsjayessess

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:37 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

This elides two very different things though.

Whether it's safe to be a visibly Jewish person at a Pro-Palestine demo and whether it's safe to be Gideon Falter specifically, as a public advocate of Gideon Falter's particular politics, are not the same question.

Keeping groups with antagonistic politics separate is an ordinary part of public order policing. I've been on anti-fascist counter-protests to EDL marches in the past where the police kettled both sides (actually some of the most aggressive and unpleasant policing I've ever experienced, certainly no "patiently explaining why it might be a good idea to go around, sir").

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 08:07 - Apr 23 with 1053 viewsGlasgowBlue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 07:52 - Apr 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well this thread has certainly established one thing....Gideon Falter lies and can not be trusted.

Again you miss the point. Diane Abbott has said some appalling things that I disagree with. Diane Abbott receives endless racial abuse. The former does not excuse or the latter.

I am appalled that a Jewish man was discriminated against for being “openly Jewish”. You are looking for reasons to justify that discrimination. At first it was his motives. Then you moved on to other reasons.
[Post edited 23 Apr 10:24]

Iron Lion Zion

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 08:41 - Apr 23 with 990 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 08:07 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

Again you miss the point. Diane Abbott has said some appalling things that I disagree with. Diane Abbott receives endless racial abuse. The former does not excuse or the latter.

I am appalled that a Jewish man was discriminated against for being “openly Jewish”. You are looking for reasons to justify that discrimination. At first it was his motives. Then you moved on to other reasons.

Nope, as stated above, he was dealt with in the way he was because of being Gideon Falter and acting in the manner he had been observed acting.

(Edit....as it happens one of my first arrests was for antagonising the NF with words and actions as part of a counter protest, actions deemed to potentially cause a breach of the peace. So this Gideon fella should count himself lucky.....or maybe he avoided arrest because he is Jewish....see how easy this is to spin!)
[Post edited 23 Apr 8:45]

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 08:47 - Apr 23 with 964 viewsZx1988

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 08:07 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

I refuse to believe that his treatment was purely as a result of his being Jewish - who he was, and his actions in the run-up to the encounter in question will have played a huge part.

I have no doubt that any other 'openly Jewish' individual who had just been minding their own business and hadn't spent the last however long trying to incite a reaction would have been treated in a completely different way.

It's no different to when Yaxley-Lennon goes along to certain protests to try and spark a confrontation, gets arrested, and then bleats that "you can't legally be a white British male anywhere these days".
[Post edited 23 Apr 8:55]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 08:54 - Apr 23 with 936 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 08:47 - Apr 23 by Zx1988

I refuse to believe that his treatment was purely as a result of his being Jewish - who he was, and his actions in the run-up to the encounter in question will have played a huge part.

I have no doubt that any other 'openly Jewish' individual who had just been minding their own business and hadn't spent the last however long trying to incite a reaction would have been treated in a completely different way.

It's no different to when Yaxley-Lennon goes along to certain protests to try and spark a confrontation, gets arrested, and then bleats that "you can't legally be a white British male anywhere these days".

Exactly this....any other person would have just got to cross the road and return home from their place of worship.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:35 - Apr 23 with 852 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 18:46 - Apr 22 by eireblue

I think that is reasonably obvious.

As an aside, back in the day, did people ridicule and/or dive into the history and motives of climate protestors and BLM activists, etc…and try and discredit them that way,….anyhoo…

If the proposition is: it is somewhere between feeling nervous, being unpleasant, or being at risk of assault, for Jewish people during these marches. Then to show this, you could walk around, whilst gathering data.

On this forum we have seen some people state they aren’t really impressed with the stats on assaults and hate crimes. So they would welcome evidence gathering, surely?

As it turns out, this chap was verbally abused and threatened, whilst interacting with the Met Police. And the Met Police, even though they saw him walking about in the crowd, thought it was potentially dangerous for him to carry on. If he was doing something against the law, they could arrest him for that.

What was in evidence was a Jewish person, near police, with cameras rolling, and with men in sunglasses nearby, was verbally abused. That probably won’t worry some people too much.

But, is that evidence of an issue that faces Jewish people during these protests?

"As an aside, back in the day, did people ridicule and/or dive into the history and motives of climate protestors and BLM activists, etc…and try and discredit them that way,….anyhoo…"

Wow!
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:38 - Apr 23 with 846 viewsPassionNotAnger

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 08:47 - Apr 23 by Zx1988

100% this.

His followers (like Glasgow Blue) are taking his spin and presenting it as facts. It’s pathetic, disingenuous and divisive.

Without doubt there are some entirely legitimate and worrying concerns some of Jewish community have that deserve attention and recognition but this man’s actions and spin are doing more harm than good for all concerns. That for me should be enough for those with an open mind to at least question his motives and methods
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:58 - Apr 23 with 789 viewsmutters

I really think you are missing the point as well.

This was proactive policing as said previously, trying to defuse this situation before it became a situation. I don't agree with the wording but I don't see this as being him being discriminated against as being "openly Jewish", I see this as a known entity who is looking to cause aggravation and make the police job harder.

The police wouldn't have stopped him and prevented him from crossing the street at any other time, it's just that a march was going on then and he was somebody who was known to cause aggro. What should they have done? Let him disrupt the march? That was clearly his aim to cause more problems for the police and get some media attention.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:09 - Apr 23 with 764 viewsChorleyBoy

The video proves very little actually.

What is does prove is that is that the person doing the subtitles isn't very good.

Mr Falter clearly says "What is wrong with that?" but the subtitles say What is wrong with THEM?"

And whilst the protester makes a throat cutting gesture, there is no audio (or subtitling) of the protester's words.

He could be saying that he'd seen Falter doing the gesture.

Either way, I have my doubts that either the protester or Mr Falter gestured such a thing. The protester doesn't have the facial expression to accompany such a threatening action and it appears the police were watching Mr Falter quite closely.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:16 - Apr 23 with 734 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:35 - Apr 22 by ElderGrizzly

If this sorry event leads to the banning of certain protests or ridiculously heavy fines (or imprisonment) for filming or taking photos of police behaviour (which happened recently in France) it would be another sorry loss of our freedoms.
[Post edited 23 Apr 10:17]
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 14:23 - Apr 23 with 516 viewsZx1988

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:16 - Apr 23 by ChorleyBoy

If this sorry event leads to the banning of certain protests or ridiculously heavy fines (or imprisonment) for filming or taking photos of police behaviour (which happened recently in France) it would be another sorry loss of our freedoms.
[Post edited 23 Apr 10:17]

Mr Falter would no doubt class that as 'mission accomplished'.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 15:06 - Apr 23 with 462 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

"You would be allowed to cross where you want . A Jewish man wasn’t. That’s all there is to this story."

That clearly isn't all there is to this story. There's a lot more context to it than that, and trying to ignore it or sweep it under the carpet hasn't done your argument any good in this thread.

If it was just some unknown Jewish chap out for a walk after prayers, as you and others have attested in the early parts of this thread, you'd have had a point. But it's clearly more than that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024