Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Lundstrum 10:50 - Apr 19 with 2978 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Bit of media talk but apparently joining us this summer?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/john-lundstr

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

John Lundstrum on 11:09 - Apr 19 with 2781 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Reports in Turkey?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

John Lundstrum on 11:12 - Apr 19 with 2748 viewsMediocre_Quick

If Rangers aren't going to pay him £2m a year, I highly doubt we will...
John Lundstrum on 11:21 - Apr 19 with 2645 viewsRozz

John Lundstrum on 11:12 - Apr 19 by Mediocre_Quick

The article says he's asked for 2m euros from Trabzonspor, not Rangers. Considering the upheaval and the relative attraction of the league, you'd inflate your salary demands too wouldn't you?
John Lundstrum on 11:25 - Apr 19 with 2605 viewsblueislander

John Lundstrum on 11:09 - Apr 19 by BlueandTruesince82

Reports in Turkey?

Very reliable I would imagine.
John Lundstrum on 11:32 - Apr 19 with 2542 viewsitfc48

John Lundstrum on 11:21 - Apr 19 by Rozz

The article says he's asked for 2m euros from Trabzonspor, not Rangers. Considering the upheaval and the relative attraction of the league, you'd inflate your salary demands too wouldn't you?

Especially given the current state of the Turkish league. To say it's been a crazy season would be an understatement.

We'll be linked to all sorts this summer as we'll be a popular pawn for agent fabricated links given our successful season and new found wealth.
John Lundstrum on 11:37 - Apr 19 with 2461 viewsjayessess

John Lundstrum on 11:21 - Apr 19 by Rozz

Works out at £33k pw too, which probably isn't that much more than the going rate for a player with a couple of seasons in the Premier League and significant experience in European competition.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

John Lundstrum on 11:39 - Apr 19 with 2443 viewsGuthrum

John Lundstrum on 11:12 - Apr 19 by Mediocre_Quick

That's "only" about £33k per week*, which is not enormous by Prem standards - or even for a couple of Champ sides.

* Given the article's figure is in Euros as well.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

John Lundstrum on 11:48 - Apr 19 with 2358 viewsPhilTWTD

Gather this is nearer the mark, no interest from Town.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/john-lundstram-ipsw
Login to get fewer ads

John Lundstrum on 12:07 - Apr 19 with 2127 viewsBlueBadger

I got banned from their comments sections for pointing out to Celtic fans that Paul Lambert was a crap football manager and they were mad to want him to take over there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

John Lundstrum on 12:24 - Apr 19 with 1949 viewsHelp

Yeah ticks all Kieran boxes?
John Lundstrum on 12:28 - Apr 19 with 1913 viewsIllinoisblue

John Lundstrum on 11:25 - Apr 19 by blueislander

Very reliable I would imagine.

Delightful

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

John Lundstrum on 12:37 - Apr 19 with 1809 viewsrodney76

No fee but high wage demands and at 30+
No sell on value.
Not that much PL level experience and in a relegated side.
Only interest from Turkey?
A youngster on loan might well be a better option.

A lot to weigh up.

The Land of Milk and Honey seems to involve a lot of milking for so little honey.
John Lundstrum on 12:54 - Apr 19 with 1635 viewscressi

Although probably a rumour as there will be plenty over the summer. This is the kind of deal I would not be surprised if we would look at he was 30 in February.
Has played premier league football and in Europe for Rangers.
Can play in midfield or at the back a upgrade say on Dom Ball regards wages often the players get a smaller wage but a signing on fee to compensate when moving as a free agent.
John Lundstrum on 12:59 - Apr 19 with 1585 viewsKropotkin123

John Lundstrum on 12:07 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

I got banned from their comments sections for pointing out to Celtic fans that Paul Lambert was a crap football manager and they were mad to want him to take over there.

Presumably you got banned for calling him a football manager? That or you forgot to mention he played for Dortmund.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

John Lundstrum on 13:06 - Apr 19 with 1516 viewsMK1

We are going to be linked with a whole squad full of players in the summer, regardless of what league we are in.
If he is will to play for £20,000 a week with a relegation clause, (when/if we are up) then I wouldn't be adverse to it. Good player at a slightly higher level and the kind of experience we will need once we are in the Champions League.
John Lundstrum on 13:12 - Apr 19 with 1459 viewsMach_foreignBlue

John Lundstrum on 12:07 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

BlueBadger and his Lambert obsessions part 54 672

You have said it tens of times before. Moreover, this thread has nowt to do with Lambert. Therefore seek a help and spare us your obsesions.

He left a long time ago. Didn't they tell you this on your bbc?
[Post edited 19 Apr 13:13]
John Lundstrum on 13:14 - Apr 19 with 1436 viewsElderGrizzly

John Lundstrum on 11:39 - Apr 19 by Guthrum

That's "only" about £33k per week*, which is not enormous by Prem standards - or even for a couple of Champ sides.

* Given the article's figure is in Euros as well.

We are going to have to pay some eye-watering salaries when/if we go up.

If you think Norwich were (sort of) prudent and they were spending £50m+ on wages in the PL, which is 3x where we are now.
John Lundstrum on 14:06 - Apr 19 with 1169 viewsGuthrum

John Lundstrum on 13:14 - Apr 19 by ElderGrizzly

We are going to have to pay some eye-watering salaries when/if we go up.

If you think Norwich were (sort of) prudent and they were spending £50m+ on wages in the PL, which is 3x where we are now.

Not necessarily overboard for the Prem (with the extra TV income). £50m is £2m each for a 25-man squad - likely well under that if you take out manager, coaches, Youths and admin.

So the average is probably around £30k to £35k per week. Not the eye-watering sums paid to established stars at the top end.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

John Lundstrum on 14:37 - Apr 19 with 1027 viewsElderGrizzly

John Lundstrum on 14:06 - Apr 19 by Guthrum

Not necessarily overboard for the Prem (with the extra TV income). £50m is £2m each for a 25-man squad - likely well under that if you take out manager, coaches, Youths and admin.

So the average is probably around £30k to £35k per week. Not the eye-watering sums paid to established stars at the top end.

My point really. £35k is 'normal', but will appear eye watering from our recent perspective
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024