Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP FA Cup Replays 19:19 - Apr 18 with 2127 viewsGeoffSentence

No more FA Cup replays from the 1st round onwards.

Whilst I am not sure whether thats a good thing or not, the fact the decision was made by the FA and Premier league without reference to EFL clubs is shoddy.

Tranmere have registered their distaste

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2024/april/club-statement-fa-cup-replays/

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

RIP FA Cup Replays on 09:07 - Apr 19 with 400 viewsPrideOfTheEast

RIP FA Cup Replays on 09:05 - Apr 19 by Leaky

I think its disgusting that this decision was taken by just the FA &EPL. The EFL & representatives from non league & fan groups should have had an input. Time for fans to stand up to how football is run. Fan power worked when the European Super league was proposed.

Should just boycott it.
RIP FA Cup Replays on 09:25 - Apr 19 with 382 viewsPinewoodblue

I doubt very much that all 20 Premier League clubs had a say in the decision making.

The FA has sold, to the only bidder, its role of being the governing body of English Football.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

RIP FA Cup Replays on 09:54 - Apr 19 with 368 viewsRegencyBlue

The PL run football in this country, it’s as simple as that.

They tell football to jump and all the FA comes back with is “How high?”
RIP FA Cup Replays on 10:09 - Apr 19 with 356 viewsdirtyboy

There's an awful lot of anger at this....an awful lot, twitter is full of it and yet the FA have kept very quiet.

They'll know they've kicked a hornets nest. Wouldn't be surprised to see a backtrack.

Would love the rest of the pyramid to bin the FACup and make the EFL trophy their sole entrance.
RIP FA Cup Replays on 13:35 - Apr 19 with 301 viewsskinnybob72

If the big clubs don't want replays then they can simply withdraw from the competition if they don't win the original tie.
RIP FA Cup Replays on 14:01 - Apr 19 with 284 viewssoupytwist

If the Premier League teams want to avoid replays then an alternative would be for from the 3rd round onwards, any PL side that plays a team from a lower division and draws their tie is eliminated from the competition as if they'd lost.
No replay for the poor Premier League team to put themselves through in the case of a draw and the lower league team gets another chance at some financial benefit.
[Post edited 19 Apr 14:02]
RIP FA Cup Replays on 14:04 - Apr 19 with 266 viewsEastTownBlue

Interesting from the EFL...

RIP FA Cup Replays on 23:00 - Apr 19 with 190 viewsVanSaParody

Dreadful decision (& how it was made)
However, I can appreciate, so I think ONLY those Premier League clubs also involved in European competitions, where they draw a lower division club in the FA Cup (regardless of home or away), if that game is a draw at 90 mins (NO extra time/pens), I think they should be knocked out of the competition & the lower division club should progress

Otherwise, ET/pens & if still needed 1 replay should NOT go
Login to get fewer ads

RIP FA Cup Replays on 02:14 - Apr 20 with 167 viewsquirkie

This is all because we can see Man City v Real Madrid and Bayern Munich v Liverpool year after year after year from now on.

Nothing short of a disgrace, and they are going to get away with it aren't they?

Mind you we as a club have treated the FA Cup disgracefully for years and that is shame on ITFC.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024