Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iran just launched an attack on Israel 21:23 - Apr 13 with 5527 viewsElderGrizzly

Of course WW3 would happen just as we are about to get promoted

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 22:25 - Apr 14 with 716 viewsbluejacko

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 16:35 - Apr 14 by J2BLUE

He's going to end the Russian invasion within 24 hours.

I actually believe him. Giving Putin his every demand and withdrawing funding pretty much ends it. For now.

Well the Isreal lobby will be be going bonkers wanting military aid so hopefully they can force Johnson and his maga cronies to vote on the aid bill in front of them and get the aid for Ukraine,Taiwan and Isreal passed 🤞
Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 22:29 - Apr 14 with 680 viewsWeWereZombies

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 22:25 - Apr 14 by bluejacko

Well the Isreal lobby will be be going bonkers wanting military aid so hopefully they can force Johnson and his maga cronies to vote on the aid bill in front of them and get the aid for Ukraine,Taiwan and Isreal passed 🤞

Hang on a second...you're saying that Trump is going to drop out of the race to The White House through imprisonment but Boris is going to step into the breach to keep the project on the road ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 22:35 - Apr 14 with 656 viewsbaxterbasics

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 22:25 - Apr 14 by bluejacko

Bit weird to turn this into a rant about 'Johnson and his maga cronies' - Israel has been getting billions in aid since forever, mostly via the US, regardless of which parties are in power. If they didn't, Israel would long since have been wiped off the map.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 09:39 - Apr 15 with 514 viewsjayessess

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 08:28 - Apr 14 by GlasgowBlue

The attack in Damascus was not on the Iranian embassy itself but an annex building adjacent to the embassy which was the Syrian headquarters of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, an Iranian military military wing that has been designated as a terrorist organisation by by Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Sweden and the United States.

The New York Times reported that an anonymous source from the Revolutionary Guards said that the strike targeted a meeting between Iranian intelligence officials and Palestinian terrorists, including leaders of Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah, both Islamic terrorist organisations who have been responsible for decades of terrorist attacks against Israel.

You may remember that it was Palestinian Islamic Jihad who launched the missile that hit the al-Ahli Baptist Hospital, which some posters on here were over eager to swallow the Hamas propaganda that Israel had struck the hospital, killing 500 people, and even after Israel was exonerated continued to leave his post up. Another poster was banned for saying that the truth didn’t latter. But I digress.

Those killed were not innocent Iranian citizens but senior figures in the IRGC, including Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Zahedi, a senior commander in the IRGC's foreign operations unit who was responsible for liaising with Islamic terrorist group Hezbollah, and his deputy General Mohammad Hadi Hajriahim. Five other IRGC officers were killed in the airstrike, as were five Iranian-affiliated militiamen, one Hezbollah terrorist, one Iranian military advisor, and sadly two civilians of whom I haven’t read any details on. Zahedi was the most senior IRGC officer to be killed since the assassination of Qasem Soleimani by the U.S. in January 2020, and was somebody who was responsible for funding and assisting some of the worst terrorist atrocities seen in the Middle East.

It is correct to say that diplomatic premises are considered "civilian objects" under international law, and they are not permissible as targets unless they are used for a military purpose. Be in no doubt, the Israeli airstrike was aimed at military figures in a military facility and the targets were directly involved in orchestrating attacks on Israel. The fact that the building was adjacent to the Iranian embassy does not change its military character.

Iran has been orchestrating a constant assault on Israel for decades via its proxies in the region including Hezbollah, which is wholly funded, armed, and controlled by the Iranian regime. Since October 7 Hezbollah has fired rockets and missiles into northern Israel on a near-daily basis leading to tens of thousands of Israelis having being displaced from their homes. We don’t read much about that. The Houthis, another Iranian proxy group based in Yemen, have also fired numerous missiles at southern Israel. Asda SuperKeiranMcKenna has pointed out in other threads, the a Houthi’s are responsible for firing missiles that have killed civilian shipping crew and forced thousands of Yemeni children into starvation. And finally Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad have been funded, armed, and trained by Iran for years and carried out the brutal murders, rapes, decapitation and mutilation of over 1000 innocent Israeli civilians on October 7th of last year. There has not been a single day in the past six months in which Iran, via its various proxies in the region, has not attacked Israel.

The airstrike in Damascus targeted individuals directly responsible for Iran's ongoing assault on Israel. It was not an attack on a diplomatic embassy or mission. It was the command center of an active terrorist group, planning and executing immediate attacks against a neighbouring state. and was entirely justified. That anyone could give any excuse of justification to Iran beggars belief.

Edit. You say you come into this debate as somebody who is after a genuine conversation. In that case, seeing as I took the time and trouble to reply to your post, perhaps you would do me the courtesy of replying to this question I posed to you on January 14, which remains unanswered:

100 days since 7/10 by GlasgowBlue 15 Jan 16:53
What an odd post. Where have I said that anyone disagreeing with me is antisemitic? The only time I have ever accused anyone n here of being antisemitic is when they have actually posted something antisemitic.

Being appalled at Israel's "indiscriminate and disproportionate" doesn't make somebody antisemitic. I've never seem a single person on here being accused of being antisemitic for putting that point f view over. It's a view I've poste myself several times. Even on this thread.

Why did you even bring the subject of antisemitism into the thread? Please link a single thread where somebody has been accused of being antisemitic for simply disagreeing with my point of view. Either put up or shut up.

[Post edited 14 Apr 8:32]

It's striking that even in Israel's version of events (which may or may not be true, the IDF has form for deciding everyone is a terrorist post-mortem), they're still engaged in massive breaches of international law.

You can't have a functioning world order where certain states abrogate to themselves the right to just launch aerial assaults to kill foreign nationals (even state officials, even military officials) in other sovereign states.
[Post edited 15 Apr 9:49]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 11:00 - Apr 15 with 467 viewsDJR

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 22:07 - Apr 14 by bournemouthblue

I do wonder how much this is a political move on Israel's part to try and win back support for Netanyahu

They are playing a dangerous game the West really wants no part in

Interesting that Israel didn't warn the US in advance of the strike on the consulate, but despite treating an ally with what seems like contempt, it had to rely on the US and other countries for its defence.

As it is, the strike and its consequences have shifted the focus off the war in Gaza, deflected Western criticism of the government for its conduct in Gaza and made the focus of current events the defence of Israel.

Surely shome mistake?
Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 11:29 - Apr 15 with 420 viewsbaxterbasics

We can't just view this little episode as starting with the Israeli hit on the consulate. (Which btw was not a direct hit on a consulate, but on a neighbouring building where Iranian Revolutionary Guard military commanders were the target).

Iran are the prime sh!t stirrers around all things Israel and the wider region. They are goading and supplying Hamas along with every other man and his dog willing to take a pop at Israel. It's not like Israel decided to take a random unprovoked swipe. The only new aspect to this was Iran attacking directly from it's own territory. That's the escalation. I see a lot of blinkered analysis from some quarters on this point.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 13:09 - Apr 15 with 350 viewsbluejacko

Iran just launched an attack on Israel on 22:35 - Apr 14 by baxterbasics

Bit weird to turn this into a rant about 'Johnson and his maga cronies' - Israel has been getting billions in aid since forever, mostly via the US, regardless of which parties are in power. If they didn't, Israel would long since have been wiped off the map.

Hardly a rant is it? Johnson and co are holding up $95b in military aid! I didnt say I wanted Isreal to get much but Ukraine needs it! Now as most of that $60b earmarked for them goes right back into the American economy replacing old weapons for Ukraine and new replacement weapons for the US they seem to be scoring an own goal dont they?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024