Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was a really good game 18:23 - Apr 13 with 1637 viewstextbackup

Between two well coached teams I thought.

But it has to be said… WTF was wrong with Chaplin today, Jesus man.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

That was a really good game on 18:26 - Apr 13 with 1585 viewsLankHenners

One of those games where he tried too hard wasn't it? I know he's got the ability to hit those first time passes accurately but after the 7th or 8th failed attempt I was hoping he'd learn it's ok to take a touch and play a regular pass.

His attempt to lob the 'keeper after a poor give-away from them when Al-Hamadi was clean through the middle pissed me off. Like everything else he did it was too rushed and ended up being wasteful.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

That was a really good game on 18:35 - Apr 13 with 1504 viewshomer_123

That was a really good game on 18:26 - Apr 13 by LankHenners

One of those games where he tried too hard wasn't it? I know he's got the ability to hit those first time passes accurately but after the 7th or 8th failed attempt I was hoping he'd learn it's ok to take a touch and play a regular pass.

His attempt to lob the 'keeper after a poor give-away from them when Al-Hamadi was clean through the middle pissed me off. Like everything else he did it was too rushed and ended up being wasteful.

Spot on. Too ernest in his endeavours.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That was a really good game on 18:39 - Apr 13 with 1474 viewsSitfcB

So disappointed with Chaplin over the last 3 games.

Love him to bits and we all know what he can do but he’s definitely been off it over the last few.

He’s one of the players that will definitely benefit from the break.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That was a really good game on 18:43 - Apr 13 with 1441 viewstextbackup

Yeah spot on, KM has taken him off in games when he’s been playing 50 times better than today… but waited until the 89th min today. Bit frustrated by that if I’m honest.

I’m not having that he’s ‘tired’ either. A professional club with all the data in the world at their finger tips wouldnt play a tired player for 89 mins. He’s just really off his game lately.

And hopefully the break will see him come back and get an important goal or two, like we know he can

That was a really good game on 18:54 - Apr 13 with 1394 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Earlier in the season that step over takes a defender out and frees up the right side. Today it goes straight to a defender. One of those days for him. Personally I’d have subbed him ahead of Sarmiento.

Poll: Our final position

That was a really good game on 18:55 - Apr 13 with 1363 viewsGeoffSentence

That was a really good game on 18:43 - Apr 13 by textbackup

Yeah spot on, KM has taken him off in games when he’s been playing 50 times better than today… but waited until the 89th min today. Bit frustrated by that if I’m honest.

I’m not having that he’s ‘tired’ either. A professional club with all the data in the world at their finger tips wouldnt play a tired player for 89 mins. He’s just really off his game lately.

And hopefully the break will see him come back and get an important goal or two, like we know he can

Maybe his young 'un is keeping him up at night.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That was a really good game on 18:56 - Apr 13 with 1361 viewsibbleobble

That was a really good game on 18:39 - Apr 13 by SitfcB

So disappointed with Chaplin over the last 3 games.

Love him to bits and we all know what he can do but he’s definitely been off it over the last few.

He’s one of the players that will definitely benefit from the break.

He’s snatching at any chance he gets often off balance. Seems to be forcing it too much now.
That was a really good game on 19:02 - Apr 13 with 1322 viewsIllinoisblue

That was a really good game on 18:54 - Apr 13 by southnorfolkblue

Earlier in the season that step over takes a defender out and frees up the right side. Today it goes straight to a defender. One of those days for him. Personally I’d have subbed him ahead of Sarmiento.

And the chance from the corner; early in the season that goes in and we win.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

That was a really good game on 19:06 - Apr 13 with 1272 viewsVegtablue

Quite a few wild moments today, especially in front of goal, but I was pleased to see him much more involved at least even if a lot wasn't coming off. Unlucky not to pick up a good assist for the Sarmiento effort.
That was a really good game on 19:07 - Apr 13 with 1259 viewstextbackup

That was a really good game on 18:55 - Apr 13 by GeoffSentence

Maybe his young 'un is keeping him up at night.

Of course that’s a possibility, along with his partner possibly struggling, that has a huge impact on blokes (I know!)

But if he wasn’t right, physically/mentally, I just can’t believe that they wouldn’t be playing him. As being a professional requires you to be 100% on it.

He’s not now a sht player, he’s not going to never score again… but he’s badly off it right now.

That was a really good game on 19:19 - Apr 13 with 1176 viewsAsa

I don’t get downvoted on here very often but got a shed load of them the other day for saying the same thing.

Chaplin since Norwich at home has been almost invisible in so many games, desperate to do something magic when he does get it so avoiding the simple or right option and he’s been very fortunate to stay in the side so often.

He’s got a couple of vital goals since December but has been so poor in many games it’s been like having 10 men at times. Just completely uninvolved in play, not pressing, it’s been frustrating to say the least.

He was, going into this season, my favourite player. His dad is in the seat behind me most weeks and that’s only made me love Chaplin even more seeing how much it means to him. Class player. But he’s been really poor for so long and I actually thought he worked really hard today but made so many bad choices of pass to try and do something special.
[Post edited 13 Apr 19:22]
That was a really good game on 19:24 - Apr 13 with 1115 viewstextbackup

That was a really good game on 19:19 - Apr 13 by Asa

I don’t get downvoted on here very often but got a shed load of them the other day for saying the same thing.

Chaplin since Norwich at home has been almost invisible in so many games, desperate to do something magic when he does get it so avoiding the simple or right option and he’s been very fortunate to stay in the side so often.

He’s got a couple of vital goals since December but has been so poor in many games it’s been like having 10 men at times. Just completely uninvolved in play, not pressing, it’s been frustrating to say the least.

He was, going into this season, my favourite player. His dad is in the seat behind me most weeks and that’s only made me love Chaplin even more seeing how much it means to him. Class player. But he’s been really poor for so long and I actually thought he worked really hard today but made so many bad choices of pass to try and do something special.
[Post edited 13 Apr 19:22]

It’s just this place, you can’t say a bad word about a player, I wouldn’t worry. Anyone that has ever watched a game of football can see it’s clear as day he’s miles off it at present.

We all love him, and he will score a huge goal or two for us in the next few games.

That was a really good game on 19:27 - Apr 13 with 1090 viewsAsa

That was a really good game on 19:24 - Apr 13 by textbackup

It’s just this place, you can’t say a bad word about a player, I wouldn’t worry. Anyone that has ever watched a game of football can see it’s clear as day he’s miles off it at present.

We all love him, and he will score a huge goal or two for us in the next few games.

Would absolutely love it if he was that player.

Would have been Donacien had he been involved. But would love nothing more currently than Chaplin or Jackson to be the one that seals it.
That was a really good game on 19:33 - Apr 13 with 1043 viewsChurchman

Chaplin strikes me as a bit of a streak or confidence player. He’s been excellent this season, especially with Hirst and Burns in the side. I’m not going to criticise him. Chaplin has been fantastic for us. He is a great character who loves the club. 100% player.

The break will benefit him and one or two others.

It was a good game. As McKenna alluded to, Watford and M’boro are decent teams. One a parachute side the other made last seasons play offs and it showed. There are no ‘gimmes’ in this league. But I am a bit disappointed we couldn’t win one of those games if I’m honest.

Never mind. Three games to go and we are in the race. With a little breakette, let’s reset and go for it. We can do this.
That was a really good game on 19:36 - Apr 13 with 1022 viewsITFC_84

When you say today, do you really mean since January?
He really should be our talisman and affect the game so much more as a number 10.
That was a really good game on 21:00 - Apr 13 with 817 viewsHerbivore

I absolutely love Chappers and think he's been incredible for us over the last 2 years overall but recently it feels like he's snatching at almost everything he does. Even the one he scored against Blackburn he snatched at and mishit. Feels like he's putting too much pressure on himself to get us over the line and he just needs to relax and get back to playing his usual way.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That was a really good game on 21:17 - Apr 13 with 733 viewspointofblue

That was a really good game on 21:00 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

I absolutely love Chappers and think he's been incredible for us over the last 2 years overall but recently it feels like he's snatching at almost everything he does. Even the one he scored against Blackburn he snatched at and mishit. Feels like he's putting too much pressure on himself to get us over the line and he just needs to relax and get back to playing his usual way.

I think there's an element of him taking it all on his shoulders rather than realising he has team mates to help. He wasn't quite so bad today, but in recent games there's been an element of selfishness to his play, which has hindered rather than helped us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

That was a really good game on 21:34 - Apr 13 with 663 viewstextbackup

That was a really good game on 21:00 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Yep.

I think these final 3 games will have a tournament feel about them, and he could thrive on that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024