Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyoine explain the substitutions? 17:04 - Apr 13 with 1817 viewsSW1_Blue

Sarmiento and Al Hamadi were probably the two best playes on the pitch. Moore is off form and as soon as he came on we reverted to the same aimless crap that we saw against Norwich. We threw that away today. Boro were poor and we were on top until the subs.

Sausages.

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:06 - Apr 13 with 1759 viewsKeno

perhaps they were tiring and wouldnt have lasted much longer?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:06 - Apr 13 with 1753 viewsIllinoisblue

Really didn’t work, did they? Usually do

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:06 - Apr 13 with 1746 viewsKropotkin123

As the commentators said, both players looked tired.

Moore, for all the good he's done since being here, looked way off it coming up against a footballing team. They largely had the measure of him, which made our 10s less impactful.
[Post edited 13 Apr 17:07]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:07 - Apr 13 with 1723 viewsBlueBoots

Sarmiento and Al Hamadi were both looking shattered at half-time, and gave what they had left until they were subbed; KMcK always make changes on 60, so no real surprise

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:09 - Apr 13 with 1649 viewsStokieBlue

They were probably tired, they don't start much.

To claim Sarmiento was better than Hutch is quite a bold claim in my view.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:11 - Apr 13 with 1616 viewsJuggsy

Not sure Al-Hamadi has 90 mins in him and carrying a groin injury. Chasing a game, Al-Hamadi coming in for Moore would be way more effective than Moore coming in for Al-Hamadi but that’s all we got left in our strike force. Much as I’m glad Moore is here to cover, he’s really not a player that fits our system coherently.
Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:14 - Apr 13 with 1552 views2-5-7

Yes the manager who has us top of the league with 3 games to go.

Unless you were in a dugout somewhere else up the country at the time of the game and asking as a fellow professional manager I'd reckon you just see how it all plays out and trust where we are at.
Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:40 - Apr 13 with 1328 viewsibbleobble

Yes, it’s pretty easy as we’ve been making them all season. KM tells them pre-match they’re starting but only for 60 minutes as he wants them to go out there, burn hard and run themselves and their opponents into the ground, then he’ll bring on fresh legs to run against tired ones.

Next.
Login to get fewer ads

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:43 - Apr 13 with 1290 viewspointofblue

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:40 - Apr 13 by ibbleobble

Yes, it’s pretty easy as we’ve been making them all season. KM tells them pre-match they’re starting but only for 60 minutes as he wants them to go out there, burn hard and run themselves and their opponents into the ground, then he’ll bring on fresh legs to run against tired ones.

Next.

I don't think Sarmiento was burned out though. He could have probably done another 10-15 minutes. Broadhead should have been on for Chaplin.

Agree about Al-Hamidi.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 18:11 - Apr 13 with 1177 viewsRadlett_blue

Yes, both players had done well, but as others have said, they were getting tired & much of our strength this season has been from attacking substitutions.
Boro were not poor. They offered a constant threat on the break.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 18:14 - Apr 13 with 1153 viewsSkip_Intro

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:09 - Apr 13 by StokieBlue

SB

tbf I think Sarmiento was at least as good as Hutch until he went off...Hutch really shone in the last 30 imo
Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 18:19 - Apr 13 with 1110 viewsbluelagos

Both looked knackered, particularly Al Hamedi. Both have been used to 20-30 minute run outs. They looked knackered after 55 mins tbh.

Wise call from McKenna imho.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 18:19 - Apr 13 with 1104 viewseddiespearitt03

It was good to see Sarimento & Al Hamady start a game. A different approach but they were our super subs . Could have put Broadhead as main striker instead of Moore but in McKenna we trust.

A good show today. A fantastic atmosphere. Well done to the fans
Just one slip up from now on would be a tragedy . Desperately needing a win now.
Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 18:23 - Apr 13 with 1078 viewsCopfordBlue

Were you at the game or watching a stream/listening ? They were both finished, they’d run themselves into the ground and had no more to give.

I’m surprised you thought Boro were poor. They are the most in form team in the division, have a very good coach and some excellent players. I thought they were one of the better teams we’ve played at home this season.
[Post edited 13 Apr 18:23]

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 19:01 - Apr 13 with 991 viewsArnieM

They were knackered!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 19:14 - Apr 13 with 941 viewstextbackup

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 17:09 - Apr 13 by StokieBlue

SB

They were both excellent I thought, OH the better of the two if I had to pick.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 19:16 - Apr 13 with 925 viewsSomethingBlue

Ali was clearly done, to be fair. And you'd always want to see if Broadhead can change a game although it didn't really work today.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 20:26 - Apr 13 with 782 viewsthebooks

I thought Moore was a lot more effective than AH, and describing our play as “aimless crap” is complete nonsense. He offers a target we just don’t have with anyone else, really useful as the game got stretched.

Actually, I couldn’t disagree more with this view of things. We played well from start to finish, and managed tiredness and how the match developed really well.

Also, Boro weren’t poor — some of their interplay in midfield when they won the ball from us was really sharp. I thought we shaded it, but a draw wasn’t unfair.
Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 20:28 - Apr 13 with 771 viewstextbackup

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 19:16 - Apr 13 by SomethingBlue

Ali was clearly done, to be fair. And you'd always want to see if Broadhead can change a game although it didn't really work today.

Again

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 21:45 - Apr 13 with 636 viewsBuhrer

Can anyoine explain the substitutions? on 20:28 - Apr 13 by textbackup

Again

And you'd always want to see if Broadhead can change a game, again, although it didn't really work today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024