Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky backpedal save! 23:55 - Apr 10 with 2263 viewsWicklowBlue

Had my heart in my mouth....would have been a total fluke and changed the result. Thank F he managed to palm it out for a last minute corner. Which I admit I ran to another room because I couldn't bear to watch....

Luck works both ways right?
Hladky backpedal save! on 07:49 - Apr 11 with 1898 viewsBlue_Heath

I have been waiting all season for someone to try and lob the keeper as he's often so far out. Watford obviously watched Fernandes goal at the weekend. Fair play to Vaz he got back and saved it. Why would it have been a fluke? Shooting at a virtually empty net and getting it on target should be done more often than not from distance by a pro footballer?
Hladky backpedal save! on 07:51 - Apr 11 with 1879 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I think God may have intervened and held it up in the wind. We're surely going up.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Hladky backpedal save! on 14:08 - Apr 11 with 1611 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hladky backpedal save! on 14:19 - Apr 11 with 1559 viewsWeWereZombies

Palming it was a master stroke as well (ooer, missus,) because at first I thought he was catching it and was then going to slide into his own net with the ball in his hands. Mightily relieved to notice the ball bouncing into touch.
[Post edited 11 Apr 16:36]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Hladky backpedal save! on 14:23 - Apr 11 with 1524 viewsBlueschev

Hladky backpedal save! on 14:19 - Apr 11 by WeWereZombies

Palming it was a master stroke as well (ooer, missus,) because at first I thought he was catching it and was then going to slide into his own net with the ball in his hands. Mightily relieved to notice the ball bouncing into touch.
[Post edited 11 Apr 16:36]

What I found odd was that from the resulting corner Watford held it in the corner. Why? They had nothing to lose so why not just go for it? Mind you that was true of the entire second half.
Hladky backpedal save! on 14:27 - Apr 11 with 1504 viewsGeoffSentence

Hladky backpedal save! on 07:49 - Apr 11 by Blue_Heath

I have been waiting all season for someone to try and lob the keeper as he's often so far out. Watford obviously watched Fernandes goal at the weekend. Fair play to Vaz he got back and saved it. Why would it have been a fluke? Shooting at a virtually empty net and getting it on target should be done more often than not from distance by a pro footballer?

It honestly looked more like a thumped clearance to me, and he got lucky that it was on target.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hladky backpedal save! on 14:28 - Apr 11 with 1494 viewsPhilTWTD

Chaplin tries it pretty much every other game!
Hladky backpedal save! on 14:41 - Apr 11 with 1436 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Watched it back a few times and Sarmiento’s decision making was very very poor. 94th minute, why is he trying to beat two players in the half way line!? The sort of thing McKenna will be all over.
Login to get fewer ads

Hladky backpedal save! on 14:59 - Apr 11 with 1321 viewsTractorCam

Fairly confident he was just booting it clear to get the full time whistle blown.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Hladky backpedal save! on 15:14 - Apr 11 with 1265 viewsbritbiker

In fairness they did try ito chip the keeper early in the first half also, so I assume they have watched the tapes of how far out our keeper is at times. Trying to keep him honest and from becoming an extra sweeper.
Hladky backpedal save! on 15:35 - Apr 11 with 1207 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hladky backpedal save! on 14:27 - Apr 11 by GeoffSentence

It honestly looked more like a thumped clearance to me, and he got lucky that it was on target.

Cundy did it to us for Spurs in 93

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hladky backpedal save! on 15:46 - Apr 11 with 1163 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hladky backpedal save! on 15:14 - Apr 11 by britbiker

In fairness they did try ito chip the keeper early in the first half also, so I assume they have watched the tapes of how far out our keeper is at times. Trying to keep him honest and from becoming an extra sweeper.

Following the theme above I’ve thought for a while more teams should try a couple of early warning shots, for that very reason. Not specific to playing Ipswich, but top level football in general with the modern high keeper approach

I know this is very much opposed to the modern approach where possession is (quite rightly) valued, especially in transition which is where these opportunities come, but strikes me that there could be some real long term benefit if it forces teams to adapt and change the way they play against you. Not to mention the benefit if it actually succeeds!
[Post edited 11 Apr 15:47]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hladky backpedal save! on 21:01 - Apr 11 with 842 viewsArnieM

Not sure I’d call the shot a fluke. I saw their player look up, spot Hldaky way off his line, and took a brilliant shot on goal. It was met with an equally brilliant back pedalling save by our keeper too. Both actions 100% intentional.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hladky backpedal save! on 08:11 - Apr 12 with 599 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hladky backpedal save! on 21:01 - Apr 11 by ArnieM

Not sure I’d call the shot a fluke. I saw their player look up, spot Hldaky way off his line, and took a brilliant shot on goal. It was met with an equally brilliant back pedalling save by our keeper too. Both actions 100% intentional.

Have you seen the clip above? He's literally just hoofing it clear before Sarmiento gets there, he doesn't have time to look up, spot Hldaky off his line and take a shot!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hladky backpedal save! on 08:32 - Apr 12 with 519 viewsGeoffSentence

Hladky backpedal save! on 21:01 - Apr 11 by ArnieM

Nah, he just wellied it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hladky backpedal save! (n/t) on 08:35 - Apr 12 with 500 viewsEuropablue

Hladky backpedal save! on 08:59 - Apr 12 with 439 viewsgainsboroughblue

Seemed more comfortable on the clip than in real time. Was having kittens watching at the time though. To have been undone by that right at the end would have been a punch in the stomach.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024