Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away tickets & points 20:02 - Apr 7 with 2391 viewsFelixBlue4

Regarding away ticket points and the claims people buy and don’t go to accumulate more points to get the tickets they want and people reselling tickets.
Surely in this day and age of data collection it is a simple problem to solve, most grounds have electronic entrance now where ticket barcode is scanned to allow entrance. That code is individual to the purchaser so in theory you could see who is not attending and give a points deduction which would mean there is no benefit to doing this.
And you could do what some music artists are now doing by needing ID relating to the ticket to use the ticket.
If those 2 things are possible that has to act as a deterrent to people abusing the system ?
Away tickets & points on 20:56 - Apr 7 with 2285 viewsAviator

They are doing this and have most of the data from the away clubs now. Reading away was the example I was given. They have not decided whether to deduct points as yet.

One thing I'm told they are going to do next season is make the points totals to buy much lower initially. So there will be still some element of first come first served. This will reduce the 'closed shop' element where you have no way of acquiring points unless you already have them. It will also cure the problem of having to wait for you mates' priority number to come in.
Away tickets & points on 21:06 - Apr 7 with 2233 viewspennblue

It would help but fingerprint or retina scanning is the only fullproof method

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Away tickets & points on 21:12 - Apr 7 with 2223 viewsMullet

Away tickets & points on 20:56 - Apr 7 by Aviator

They are doing this and have most of the data from the away clubs now. Reading away was the example I was given. They have not decided whether to deduct points as yet.

One thing I'm told they are going to do next season is make the points totals to buy much lower initially. So there will be still some element of first come first served. This will reduce the 'closed shop' element where you have no way of acquiring points unless you already have them. It will also cure the problem of having to wait for you mates' priority number to come in.

Forgive me, but are you saying the club have gathered evidence of people abusing the system and have not acted upon it? That's a pretty serious thing to let slip out isn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Away tickets & points on 21:17 - Apr 7 with 2182 viewsZx1988

Away tickets & points on 21:12 - Apr 7 by Mullet

Forgive me, but are you saying the club have gathered evidence of people abusing the system and have not acted upon it? That's a pretty serious thing to let slip out isn't it?

If true, that's not good.

Did the club not put something out about the time of the Reading game, saying that they'd be able to marry up ticket sales with data from turnstile entries?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Away tickets & points on 21:27 - Apr 7 with 2127 viewsAviator

The way it was put to me is that they have the raw data on which tickets had been scanned but it had not been compiled against individuals.
Away tickets & points on 21:59 - Apr 7 with 2042 viewsTractorWood

Away tickets & points on 21:27 - Apr 7 by Aviator

The way it was put to me is that they have the raw data on which tickets had been scanned but it had not been compiled against individuals.

England use to do it with the cap system to stop this precise dynamic.

Ie you got the cap about 5 days after a game from data generated either scanning into Wembley or collecting the ticket on the continent.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Away tickets & points on 23:51 - Apr 7 with 1945 viewsDinDjarin

Sure you said they were going to do that before Norwich match.

What if someone was ill or couldn't go last minute. Once you bought a ticket it's yours and no commitment to actually go if you have a change of circumstances.
Away tickets & points on 01:26 - Apr 8 with 1872 viewsStenvict

But the tickets are originally issued by the away club, who don't have all our information on their database. ITFC surely can't assign the barcode on the ticket to each individual buying the ticket.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Login to get fewer ads

Away tickets & points on 01:46 - Apr 8 with 1866 viewstextbackup

Away tickets & points on 01:26 - Apr 8 by Stenvict

But the tickets are originally issued by the away club, who don't have all our information on their database. ITFC surely can't assign the barcode on the ticket to each individual buying the ticket.

Each ticket is allocated to a specific person.

Last season I got the 5 tickets for me and mates for Plymouth away, few days before mate couldn’t attend, I sent a ticket back… stating it was his ticket so the rest should keep the away point. That specific ticket was my allocated one, so I lost the fcking point!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Away tickets & points on 06:41 - Apr 8 with 1676 viewsSitfcB

Away tickets & points on 01:26 - Apr 8 by Stenvict

When an away ticket is purchased the ticket details are put on the system who that ticket belongs too, has always been like that.

Not sure they can ‘connect’ the barcode though.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Away tickets & points on 09:40 - Apr 8 with 1440 viewslongtimefan

Away tickets & points on 01:46 - Apr 8 by textbackup

Each ticket is allocated to a specific person.

Last season I got the 5 tickets for me and mates for Plymouth away, few days before mate couldn’t attend, I sent a ticket back… stating it was his ticket so the rest should keep the away point. That specific ticket was my allocated one, so I lost the fcking point!

Had that last season for Shef Wed away. Son couldn't go so took the tickets back to the shop but mistakenly handed mine back not his. He got the point and I didn't
Away tickets & points on 10:39 - Apr 8 with 1285 viewsNeedhamChris

It's not as simple as didn't attend = abusing the system though is it.

For me the logical position to try and get to is that you get the point when the ticket is used not purchased. Otherwise the club have to start making decisions on validity of reasons for non attendance and that's a bit big brother for me.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Away tickets & points on 10:51 - Apr 8 with 1252 viewsITFCson

Not sure this would work. You are not obliged to attend once you’ve bought a ticket. You’ve paid your money like anyone else.
Away tickets & points on 12:09 - Apr 8 with 1107 viewsStenvict

Away tickets & points on 06:41 - Apr 8 by SitfcB

When an away ticket is purchased the ticket details are put on the system who that ticket belongs too, has always been like that.

Not sure they can ‘connect’ the barcode though.

But would ITFC know if a specific ticket was used?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Away tickets & points on 14:13 - Apr 8 with 971 viewsMullet

Away tickets & points on 10:39 - Apr 8 by NeedhamChris

For me the logical position to try and get to is that you get the point when the ticket is used not purchased. Otherwise the club have to start making decisions on validity of reasons for non attendance and that's a bit big brother for me.

Sure, and the onus is now on the club presumably. If they've collected the data and say more than 1% weren't used that's a red flag.

If I had 2 tickets unused, you'd presumably be doing it so you were accruing points. They did mention this when they launched the policy. How many warnings they've already given out will be something they probably won't want public, whatever the number.

Now I guess the position is anyone with multiple unused tickets should get what exactly?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Away tickets & points on 14:23 - Apr 8 with 938 viewswithyblue

The answer is surely to do something a bit more akin to the Leeds away tickets policy. I believe its something like a small number of fans, those with exceptionally high away attendance are guaranteed access to tickets, and those with a strong attendance track record can enter a ballot whereby they have 50%+ chance of winning tickets for most games, and a small number are available in another ballot which is accessible to those without a strong track record, so its not a completely closed shop.

This would probably only actually be applicable if we are top flight next year as demand would be really high. Despite the furore over the points system, countless away matches have made general sale or at least the 5+ level this season, so there has been plenty of opportunity for anyone to attend matches and accrue loyalty points.
Away tickets & points on 17:24 - Apr 8 with 758 viewsFelixBlue4

Away tickets & points on 23:51 - Apr 7 by DinDjarin

Sure you said they were going to do that before Norwich match.

What if someone was ill or couldn't go last minute. Once you bought a ticket it's yours and no commitment to actually go if you have a change of circumstances.

As long as you only lose the points you have gained from buying that ticket then I don’t see how this would be an issue. Yes people will get ill and miss the odd game but the way the system works currently encourages some to buy with no intention of ever going. Some people will happily waste a few quid getting tickets they don’t want to have points in the bank when needed.
Away tickets & points on 17:30 - Apr 8 with 737 viewsFelixBlue4

Away tickets & points on 10:39 - Apr 8 by NeedhamChris

But the club don’t made a decision, if you buy a ticket and don’t use it no points across the board that easy. If your cat dies or it’s ya nans 125 birthday party no difference don’t go no points, big brother doesn’t come into it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024