Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The big own goal regarding ticketgate is the potential of the playoffs isn't it? 15:31 - Apr 7 with 4595 viewsMullet

I had no chance of going yesterday, but think the club have massively dented all the goodwill we had going. The high of Southampton to yesterday no longer just hinges on the result or the football does it?

Everyone will want a system which suits them, and I lost out due to all my membership points being assigned to the supporters club not my name personally. As I couldn't have GC last season under the old system, all my tickets just went through the branch. Had done for years, paid my membership that way. That could no longer happen under the new system, and fair enough I guess. The potential I was going to pass them on along with 50 or so other people is an easy loophole the club wanted to close.

Wasn't chuffed at starting at 5, but took it and carried on. Then I lost out getting Brum tickets (fair enough it's localish and their ground is falling down - been there millions of times) it was the Rotherham thing that annoyed me personally. Awarding a point for the postponed game people had no intention of going to when rearranged seemed wrong to me. Then when I saw WBA sell out at 10pts when I was the next bracket down (on 9 if I remember right)

Not being able to try and buy a ticket really annoyed me when I saw loads of people making WBA their first away of the season etc. If 'd have missed out online, so be it but not being able to buy at all, made me wonder how many people were tipped into 10 pts by Rotherham for example.

I get rewarding everyone who went in the promotion season, but with hindsight adding on points from the GC was a mistake as they weren't policed at all. This meant when touting became an issue the club were in a bit of a bind. People were gaming the system, this was acknowledged but nothing really happened.

The fact it's continuing now fairly openly is neither here nor there after yesterday. Had there been bans immediately from all the twitter fallout and narcissism form a few, you'd have probably disincentivised enough to people to make touting or whatever you call it less appealing.

Had they just given 5pts at the start of this season and another 5 for renewing I dunno if people would have been that upset. New system, new slate, people who genuinely go to away games accumulate as the season progresses etc.

The ticket office have been brilliant whenever I've dealt with them since GC came in, and they've said publicly they are learning as they go with the points system. But charging £40 and how things have panned out is going to cause massive issues if people miss out on playoff tickets isn't it? We've had some genuinely brilliant away ends this season again, and people making the effort etc like Plymouth and Cardiff reflects that.

Whatever allocation we get if we drop from the top 2, whatever bracket they sell out at it's really cheapened it all I'd say, and made me wonder how they appease those fans who are doing serious mileage, hotels, time away etc to still come up short. With the potential of a two tier fanbase as Prem games are still in sight next season; the club are going to have invest some serious money into monitoring where tickets end up too. Approved providers charging thousands to American tourists is already in place at the biggest clubs, imagine that here one day.

They're also gonna look rather weak if they do go after fans abusing the system now, who will rightly say "but Norwich" won't they?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The big own goal regarding ticketgate is the potential of the playoffs isn't it? on 12:56 - Apr 9 with 170 viewsPlums

The big own goal regarding ticketgate is the potential of the playoffs isn't it? on 10:49 - Apr 9 by longtimefan

"It rewards those who go to most away games but only if they pay an extra £40 for the privilege of having their attendance recognised."

I really don't get this attitude. If you want to go to away matches the membership is a no-brainer. If you're not a season ticket holder and want tickets for home matches the membership is a no-brainer. For an away match where you're likely spending at least £75 on ticket, travel and food/drink so it really doesn't work out as much of an overhead if you attend even semi-regularly. No one seemed to complain about the Goldcard (cheaper I know) previously, which was also a necessity if you wanted to guarantee tickets for low capacity away grounds.

It's £40 for a place in a queue. Madness
It's now evidently £40 for a place in a queue where somebody else can jump it. More madness.
I still can't believe how normalised this exchange of cash for literally nothing has become.

The game's gone...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024