Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? 09:25 - Apr 7 with 13476 viewsITFC_Blood

Seems to be a lot of annoyed fans who did the hard yards to get a ticket and couldn’t, as 400 were held back.

May not be within your remit I appreciate

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 19:57 - Apr 7 with 2703 viewsbudgiebasher

Ashton has got form in looking to control independent reporting but hopefully he’s learnt his lesson and allows TWTD and others a little more leeway.

This is a quote from Oliver Phillips who was a long standing reporter on the Watford Observer in a piece from 2008 (just after Ashton left them):

“I remember that within days of my retirement, Ashton informed the Watford Observer they had to provide the identity of the Player of the Season winner in advance, something we had never done in 34 years.

A year later Ashton advised us we would have to pay them £1,000 each year for the right to run our Player of the Season Award – take it or leave it.

To say they pulled a new stroke monthly against this newspaper would be a serious understatement.

Ever since the club was founded, this newspaper has given it publicity and been provided with team news, quotes and news of plans for the future and weekly access.

That ceased on a weekly basis almost immediately I retired.

It seemed to me the executives were determined to bring the paper to heel and reduce it to an extension of their publicity arm.

Remember when the newspaper was banned for daring to print the legitimate complaints over the delays in obtaining Elton John Concert tickets?

When the Watford Observer’s representatives were called to discuss the story, Ashton was part of the fiercely aggressive, over-the-top harangue, adding the priceless remark: “You never help us. You are always against us.”

Poll: Who should be the next manager of ITFC

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:17 - Apr 7 with 2596 viewsZx1988

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 19:47 - Apr 7 by PhilTWTD

Only had a private conversation, so not fair to publish what was said.

Surely that doesn't prevent you from writing an article highlighting the situation, though?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:21 - Apr 7 with 2574 viewsNeedhamChris

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:17 - Apr 7 by Zx1988

Surely that doesn't prevent you from writing an article highlighting the situation, though?

I think we can show a little bit of patience. Clearly Phil has a balancing act here, and it's reasonable to wait for both sides.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:21 - Apr 7 with 2581 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:17 - Apr 7 by Zx1988

It's generally better to get a response.
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:31 - Apr 7 with 2525 viewsSitfcB

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 11:03 - Apr 7 by Jrm_72

Lol, do you really think that's going to be asked if we had to pretend George Hirst was invisble last summer akin to there being 'no tanks in Baghdad', and had to pretend Brandon Williams was out for 4 months with a knock.

Ashton has the local press so far in his back pocket they are using his snotty hanky as a duvet.

This club is doing great, remarkable on and off pitch but are not infallible, they have made mistakes and have done very well to create an atmosphere of no accountability.

Id be very interested in difficult questions being asked about value for money of membership, about the norwich tickets, and also about the lack of player/fan interaction, but there is zero chance of that. Our players barely sign, barely do photos, and Ive been to many away grounds including premier league where players are all out there on arrival to the ground giving the fans their time. With Ipswich, as a premium experience, you can touch a limp hand of a footballer or coach looking straight ahead and dead eyed. Its not good enough.

That last paragraph is absolute bôllockś.

You can meet the players after every home game down the main drive for photos and autographs.

You can also do it after every away game and wait by the team coach, if access allows it.

And of course you can bump into players out and about and they’re always happy to pose for a picture if asked.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:34 - Apr 7 with 2489 viewsSwailsey

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:31 - Apr 7 by SitfcB

That last paragraph is absolute bôllockś.

You can meet the players after every home game down the main drive for photos and autographs.

You can also do it after every away game and wait by the team coach, if access allows it.

And of course you can bump into players out and about and they’re always happy to pose for a picture if asked.

Indeed. My friend’s little boy plays at the club at the weekend (he’s 6) and has met Hirst, Harness, Ladapo etc. Morsy does lots for local schools. Chaplin LGBTQ+. People have gone barmy.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:34 - Apr 7 with 2488 viewsSitfcB

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:56 - Apr 7 by Zx1988

That was my thinking regarding Director's Box seats as well. Isn't the PR box generally split down the middle for home and away?

If so, then an appalling attitude of 'we couldn't possibly give away any of our seats - make the hoi polloi give up some of theirs instead'.

Looked like we had a full compliment in the directors box from what I saw.

Also Ed Sheeran was invited by Delia but he couldn’t make it.

COYB

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:40 - Apr 7 with 2441 viewsSitfcB

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:34 - Apr 7 by Swailsey

Indeed. My friend’s little boy plays at the club at the weekend (he’s 6) and has met Hirst, Harness, Ladapo etc. Morsy does lots for local schools. Chaplin LGBTQ+. People have gone barmy.

Yep, they do a lot of visits through the foundation, and you can always see those through the social media.

Ashton has said before if the players aren’t willing to do the community stuff then they won’t be signed.

The point about meeting the players off the coach pre-match and getting a high five, for me that isn’t the time for autographs and pictures anyway, however it’s still a decent, free, experience.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:41 - Apr 7 with 2429 viewsSwailsey

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 20:40 - Apr 7 by SitfcB

Yep, they do a lot of visits through the foundation, and you can always see those through the social media.

Ashton has said before if the players aren’t willing to do the community stuff then they won’t be signed.

The point about meeting the players off the coach pre-match and getting a high five, for me that isn’t the time for autographs and pictures anyway, however it’s still a decent, free, experience.

100%

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 21:03 - Apr 7 with 2352 viewspennblue

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 19:57 - Apr 7 by budgiebasher

Ashton has got form in looking to control independent reporting but hopefully he’s learnt his lesson and allows TWTD and others a little more leeway.

This is a quote from Oliver Phillips who was a long standing reporter on the Watford Observer in a piece from 2008 (just after Ashton left them):

“I remember that within days of my retirement, Ashton informed the Watford Observer they had to provide the identity of the Player of the Season winner in advance, something we had never done in 34 years.

A year later Ashton advised us we would have to pay them £1,000 each year for the right to run our Player of the Season Award – take it or leave it.

To say they pulled a new stroke monthly against this newspaper would be a serious understatement.

Ever since the club was founded, this newspaper has given it publicity and been provided with team news, quotes and news of plans for the future and weekly access.

It seemed to me the executives were determined to bring the paper to heel and reduce it to an extension of their publicity arm.

Remember when the newspaper was banned for daring to print the legitimate complaints over the delays in obtaining Elton John Concert tickets?

When the Watford Observer’s representatives were called to discuss the story, Ashton was part of the fiercely aggressive, over-the-top harangue, adding the priceless remark: “You never help us. You are always against us.”

We need to move on starting from tomorrow and put this behind us.

Ashton has done a fantastic job since arriving and works his ass for the club, lets not widen the scope of the debate.

As Phil says the club will read and consume what has been posted and no doubt adjust any future ticketing policy as it sees fit.

It is not entirely straight forward to say no to people that have actively supported the club so we have to consider Ashton has a fine line to tread. Hopefully he realises this needs tweaking.

I think it is in the best interests of the club if we drop it now and get ready for Wednesday as it was not the players who setup the ticketing policy or the manager, so lets make Portman road a fortress for the next two games

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 21:06 - Apr 7 with 2326 viewsNeedhamChris

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 21:03 - Apr 7 by pennblue

Ashton has done a fantastic job since arriving and works his ass for the club, lets not widen the scope of the debate.

As Phil says the club will read and consume what has been posted and no doubt adjust any future ticketing policy as it sees fit.

It is not entirely straight forward to say no to people that have actively supported the club so we have to consider Ashton has a fine line to tread. Hopefully he realises this needs tweaking.

I think it is in the best interests of the club if we drop it now and get ready for Wednesday as it was not the players who setup the ticketing policy or the manager, so lets make Portman road a fortress for the next two games

It's possible to make Portman Road a fortress Wednesday without needing to drop a valid complaint isn't it?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

He's gone out for Sunday lunch.... on 21:08 - Apr 7 with 2306 viewsLancsBlue

He's gone out for Sunday lunch.... on 16:15 - Apr 7 by You_Bloo_Right

Didn't they have a hit in the 70s?

Norwich Ticket Shuffle or something?

Probably over many younger people's heads but very good.and very funny. I doff my cap to you sir.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 21:25 - Apr 7 with 2196 viewsFrimleyBlue

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 21:03 - Apr 7 by pennblue

There's 46 games in a season though. Is it hard to not give 400 tickets away to the one away game that fans deserve the opportunity to go to..

I don't go but I'm actually quite annoyed by it on behalf of others. Mainly because under Evans and Clegg he referred to fans as customers. Whilst we know the club needs fans money, under the current regime they've been big and right to talk about community etc.

I completely agree with free tickets to sponsors and who ever the club want in the directors box.. that's normal. But 400 fan tickets Is wrong especially on those who have paid member fees to have a better opportunity in buying tickets.

I appreciate I've no right moaning about it. But also on the amount of work ashton does. He is a very highly paid ceo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 21:27 - Apr 7 with 2200 viewsBLUEBEAT

I want to know the exact number as it is relative as to whether I bother purchasing membership next season.

Poll: W or W

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 21:28 - Apr 7 with 2195 viewsbudgiebasher

I agree and hesitated before posting my message as may be unnecessarily provocative. On the whole Ashton has done an incredible job and we are very lucky to have him though I do hope that we get a clear statement on what happened and why as it does seem baffling and so add odds with the messaging about how our fans always step up when asked and go above and beyond. I’m pretty angry about this

Poll: Who should be the next manager of ITFC

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 22:07 - Apr 7 with 2046 viewsReusersTown

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 17:44 - Apr 7 by FrimleyBlue

He's also walked away 3 times tho.

I get your point and wouldn't begrudge him being a guest in the directors box. But he shouldn't get preference over any fan for fan tickets

Walked away 3 times?
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 23:10 - Apr 7 with 1907 viewsSitfcB

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 19:57 - Apr 7 by budgiebasher

Who knows what the Watford Observer used to say and though?

I’ve said before, especially to Bristol City fans, Ashton probably made mistakes, as we all do, and has learned from them.

I think he just wants everyone pulling in the same direction, which we have been, fans, media, club - and look where it’s got us so far.

Don’t believe for one second the local press are gagged, they’re just towing a line, if something untoward was to happen then it would be reported on, but as it happens nothing controversial has really happened since GC and Ashton arrived.

Think we can all understand the non reporting of transfers stuff, because we know that can jeopardise a potential deal - but fans can speculate until the cows come home as it’s nothing official.

COYB

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 07:32 - Apr 8 with 1648 viewsFreddy

Couldnt our Supporters Club or Trust find out whats going on?
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 08:55 - Apr 8 with 1522 viewsitfctilidie

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 23:10 - Apr 7 by SitfcB

I’ve said before, especially to Bristol City fans, Ashton probably made mistakes, as we all do, and has learned from them.

I think he just wants everyone pulling in the same direction, which we have been, fans, media, club - and look where it’s got us so far.

Don’t believe for one second the local press are gagged, they’re just towing a line, if something untoward was to happen then it would be reported on, but as it happens nothing controversial has really happened since GC and Ashton arrived.

Think we can all understand the non reporting of transfers stuff, because we know that can jeopardise a potential deal - but fans can speculate until the cows come home as it’s nothing official.

Nothing controversial? the first rule about Brandon Williams is not to talk about Brandon Williams
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 09:05 - Apr 8 with 1488 viewsDJR

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 08:55 - Apr 8 by itfctilidie

Nothing controversial? the first rule about Brandon Williams is not to talk about Brandon Williams

For some reason your comment made me think of the lyrics to the Ramones song Commando.

First rule is
The laws of Germany
Second rule is
Be nice to mommy

Third rule is
Don't talk to commies
Fourth rule is
Eat kosher salamis
[Post edited 8 Apr 9:07]
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 16:45 - Apr 8 with 1123 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 11:03 - Apr 7 by Jrm_72

Lol, do you really think that's going to be asked if we had to pretend George Hirst was invisble last summer akin to there being 'no tanks in Baghdad', and had to pretend Brandon Williams was out for 4 months with a knock.

Ashton has the local press so far in his back pocket they are using his snotty hanky as a duvet.

This club is doing great, remarkable on and off pitch but are not infallible, they have made mistakes and have done very well to create an atmosphere of no accountability.

Id be very interested in difficult questions being asked about value for money of membership, about the norwich tickets, and also about the lack of player/fan interaction, but there is zero chance of that. Our players barely sign, barely do photos, and Ive been to many away grounds including premier league where players are all out there on arrival to the ground giving the fans their time. With Ipswich, as a premium experience, you can touch a limp hand of a footballer or coach looking straight ahead and dead eyed. Its not good enough.

>>Our players barely sign, barely do photos, and Ive been to many away grounds including premier league where players are all out there on arrival to the ground giving the fans their time. With Ipswich, as a premium experience, you can touch a limp hand of a footballer or coach looking straight ahead and dead eyed. Its not good enough.<<

I'd like to answer the above - my young Son and I attend most games home and away.

We have waited for players before, during and after many many matches, both home and away. I want to make it absolutely clear that not a single player has EVER turned down a request for a picture or an autograph - not just with my Son, but with any of the supporters or their children when we have been there.

We have been there when players have emerged from the dressing room injured, battered, bruised and at times, unhappy. As soon as they see our fans, especially the younger ones, all of our players are ready to engage in a very positive fashion and they happily sign autographs, take pictures and chat until the - often rather long - line has been completed.

If any of you have the EFL highlights programme from Plymouth away from a few weeks ago, watch the clip before our game highlights.

The team coach arrives and the players disembark. Sam Morsy spots one of our younger fans within the queue of supporters waiting for the coach to arrive. He breaks into a massive smile, goes over to this young fan and shakes his hand. The joy on this fan's face (and Sam's) is priceless.

I appreciate that your opinion is your opinion, but on this occasion it is complete nonsense. The player interaction experiences at our wonderful club are among the best, if not the best, in the country.

My young Son and I will be making the long journey to Portman Road on Wednesday - you are more than welcome to join us as we meet players after the game, even more so if you have a young one with you. Feel free to DM me.

All the best and have a great day.
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 17:05 - Apr 8 with 1034 viewsFreddy

Any news from the club re the missing 400 tickets
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 17:18 - Apr 8 with 981 viewsITFC_Blood

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 17:05 - Apr 8 by Freddy

Any news from the club re the missing 400 tickets

They won’t say anything

Hope it blows over

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 18:53 - Apr 8 with 828 viewsRadlett_blue

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 23:10 - Apr 7 by SitfcB

A friend of mine, who has been well connected in the game for years, notably with Watford Fc & the FA, has had plenty of dealings with Ashton in the past & doesn't have a good word to say about him. I trust this friend of mine , but as long as Ashton is a good CEO for ITFC, as he certainly seems to be from our perspective, it probably doesn't matter if in reality, he is a bit of a tw@t.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 19:28 - Apr 8 with 708 viewsJrm_72

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 16:45 - Apr 8 by Bad_Boy_Mark

>>Our players barely sign, barely do photos, and Ive been to many away grounds including premier league where players are all out there on arrival to the ground giving the fans their time. With Ipswich, as a premium experience, you can touch a limp hand of a footballer or coach looking straight ahead and dead eyed. Its not good enough.<<

I'd like to answer the above - my young Son and I attend most games home and away.

We have waited for players before, during and after many many matches, both home and away. I want to make it absolutely clear that not a single player has EVER turned down a request for a picture or an autograph - not just with my Son, but with any of the supporters or their children when we have been there.

We have been there when players have emerged from the dressing room injured, battered, bruised and at times, unhappy. As soon as they see our fans, especially the younger ones, all of our players are ready to engage in a very positive fashion and they happily sign autographs, take pictures and chat until the - often rather long - line has been completed.

If any of you have the EFL highlights programme from Plymouth away from a few weeks ago, watch the clip before our game highlights.

The team coach arrives and the players disembark. Sam Morsy spots one of our younger fans within the queue of supporters waiting for the coach to arrive. He breaks into a massive smile, goes over to this young fan and shakes his hand. The joy on this fan's face (and Sam's) is priceless.

I appreciate that your opinion is your opinion, but on this occasion it is complete nonsense. The player interaction experiences at our wonderful club are among the best, if not the best, in the country.

My young Son and I will be making the long journey to Portman Road on Wednesday - you are more than welcome to join us as we meet players after the game, even more so if you have a young one with you. Feel free to DM me.

All the best and have a great day.

Always appreciate a non-abusive response, its how it should be on here far more often than it is so thank you.

You are right, can only comment on what ive seen, so really chuffed to hear a much more positive perspective from your experience
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024