Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? 09:25 - Apr 7 with 12902 viewsITFC_Blood

Seems to be a lot of annoyed fans who did the hard yards to get a ticket and couldn’t, as 400 were held back.

May not be within your remit I appreciate

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 10:17 - Apr 7 with 5851 viewsPinewoodblue

I’m sure Mr Ashton will be man enough to admit his mistake. Can’t but help wonder, if number involved is 400, if all those people sitting on hands or soaking up the atmosphere, had been replaced by away regulars if it would have been enough to get something out of the game.

We all know fans can make a difference.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 10:29 - Apr 7 with 5767 viewsNeedhamChris

Phil's not commenting because he doesn't want to lose Gav and Marks complimentary tickets to the 2026 Champions League Final.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 10:44 - Apr 7 with 5691 viewsCrawfordsboot

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 10:17 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

I’m sure Mr Ashton will be man enough to admit his mistake. Can’t but help wonder, if number involved is 400, if all those people sitting on hands or soaking up the atmosphere, had been replaced by away regulars if it would have been enough to get something out of the game.

Where were they against Cardiff?
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 11:03 - Apr 7 with 5594 viewsJrm_72

Lol, do you really think that's going to be asked if we had to pretend George Hirst was invisble last summer akin to there being 'no tanks in Baghdad', and had to pretend Brandon Williams was out for 4 months with a knock.

Ashton has the local press so far in his back pocket they are using his snotty hanky as a duvet.

This club is doing great, remarkable on and off pitch but are not infallible, they have made mistakes and have done very well to create an atmosphere of no accountability.

Id be very interested in difficult questions being asked about value for money of membership, about the norwich tickets, and also about the lack of player/fan interaction, but there is zero chance of that. Our players barely sign, barely do photos, and Ive been to many away grounds including premier league where players are all out there on arrival to the ground giving the fans their time. With Ipswich, as a premium experience, you can touch a limp hand of a footballer or coach looking straight ahead and dead eyed. Its not good enough.
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 11:43 - Apr 7 with 5474 viewsBrianTablet

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 10:29 - Apr 7 by NeedhamChris

Phil's not commenting because he doesn't want to lose Gav and Marks complimentary tickets to the 2026 Champions League Final.

AUDI 'ell did that happen?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 11:52 - Apr 7 with 5414 viewsbazza

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 11:03 - Apr 7 by Jrm_72

Lol, do you really think that's going to be asked if we had to pretend George Hirst was invisble last summer akin to there being 'no tanks in Baghdad', and had to pretend Brandon Williams was out for 4 months with a knock.

Ashton has the local press so far in his back pocket they are using his snotty hanky as a duvet.

This club is doing great, remarkable on and off pitch but are not infallible, they have made mistakes and have done very well to create an atmosphere of no accountability.

Id be very interested in difficult questions being asked about value for money of membership, about the norwich tickets, and also about the lack of player/fan interaction, but there is zero chance of that. Our players barely sign, barely do photos, and Ive been to many away grounds including premier league where players are all out there on arrival to the ground giving the fans their time. With Ipswich, as a premium experience, you can touch a limp hand of a footballer or coach looking straight ahead and dead eyed. Its not good enough.

This post is total nonsense, the players are always out and about signing autographs , they applaud the fans every game win or lose . What utter horse sh*t. Yes the 400 tickets was a mistake.. if true.. let’s not try and make up other stories to smear what’s been the best two years at the club in decades. FFS.
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:23 - Apr 7 with 5264 viewsbluesym

One of my relatives works at the club and has only been there for a few months,yet was able to obtain 2 tickets. So Id imagine that 400 is pretty accurate.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:25 - Apr 7 with 5228 viewsSwailsey

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 11:03 - Apr 7 by Jrm_72

Shouldn’t you be off celebrating your win yesterday?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:40 - Apr 7 with 5124 viewsDublinBlue84

So what you're saying is, the players and staff who have fought tooth and nail to have one of the best season's in this club's history should not be rewarded for their efforts in doing so? Complimentary tickets like this are common in most clubs and the better the team is doing, the more people who will want complimentary tickets, this is why you get 400 going to Norwich now whereas during our poor years under Mick you couldn't give 400 tickets away to staff and their plus ones even if you tried.

Can't this wait till the end of the season if you really want to make this point? Or are people on here determined to create a rift between the players, staff and the club at a critical point of the season when it is imperative that we all stick together.

Real fans indeed. If I was a staff member and reading these messages I'd be very upset if I spent the last two years working to get the club to this point and the club would not give me anything back in return, it would make me feel like I don't matter. These are the people who have turned our club around, they deserve a little more respect.

The entitlement to some people on here is extraordinary, if you were a staff member of the FA and spent two years putting blood sweat and tears in to the England national team, would you then expect to be told you have no rights to see the product of your hard work?

Get behind the team, the last thing we need right now is trouble in the camp where there's an argument between the staff, players and supporters over who deserves tickets more. It's not going to help our chances and will just weaken the connection and bond between the players and the fans and the club. -There's a time and a place for these arguments and for sure it's not right now. Wake up and see the bigger picture.

Personally if I was doing it, I would have given the players two tickets each and a staff member a ticket each just for them. I think the biggest mistake is the plus one nonsense, especially for a big game and where there is only a limited ticket allocation, I think the plus one allowance for staff should be brought back only for away games where supply exceeds demand and we are having bigger allocations than the paltry 2k we got for Norwich.
[Post edited 7 Apr 12:47]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:44 - Apr 7 with 5083 viewsChurchman

I think our players do just fine with the fans and the community stuff.

Of course the club is going to make mistakes and it looks like ticketing for this game was one of them. As long as they learn from it, fair enough. People keep raising the Williams thing. Now is not the time. Hirst? The club has the right to disclose stuff when it chooses to when it comes to things like transfers.

If they lie or do what the Wednesday owner is doing and Evans did, then fans have every right to give their 10 pence worth or vote with their feet. What fans don’t have the right to do is chase players up the road with camera phones or hound them to the point their father complains.

I don’t think Ashton has the media in his pocket. He’s just done a good job in his near three years and delivered a lot of what he promised to. Is he a salesman? Yes. Can he do bullsh£t bingo for England? None better. Can he irritate with the Brentspeak. Yep. Has he made mistakes? A lot more than we know about I suspect. But those who don’t make mistakes tend to be people that don’t do anything.

There is nothing wrong with challenging him/the club on ticketing or any number of other things. But to suggest they’ve created an atmosphere of no accountability is the opposite to how it looks to me.
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:47 - Apr 7 with 5062 viewsWeirdFishes

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:40 - Apr 7 by DublinBlue84

So what you're saying is, the players and staff who have fought tooth and nail to have one of the best season's in this club's history should not be rewarded for their efforts in doing so? Complimentary tickets like this are common in most clubs and the better the team is doing, the more people who will want complimentary tickets, this is why you get 400 going to Norwich now whereas during our poor years under Mick you couldn't give 400 tickets away to staff and their plus ones even if you tried.

Can't this wait till the end of the season if you really want to make this point? Or are people on here determined to create a rift between the players, staff and the club at a critical point of the season when it is imperative that we all stick together.

Real fans indeed. If I was a staff member and reading these messages I'd be very upset if I spent the last two years working to get the club to this point and the club would not give me anything back in return, it would make me feel like I don't matter. These are the people who have turned our club around, they deserve a little more respect.

The entitlement to some people on here is extraordinary, if you were a staff member of the FA and spent two years putting blood sweat and tears in to the England national team, would you then expect to be told you have no rights to see the product of your hard work?

Get behind the team, the last thing we need right now is trouble in the camp where there's an argument between the staff, players and supporters over who deserves tickets more. It's not going to help our chances and will just weaken the connection and bond between the players and the fans and the club. -There's a time and a place for these arguments and for sure it's not right now. Wake up and see the bigger picture.

Personally if I was doing it, I would have given the players two tickets each and a staff member a ticket each just for them. I think the biggest mistake is the plus one nonsense, especially for a big game and where there is only a limited ticket allocation, I think the plus one allowance for staff should be brought back only for away games where supply exceeds demand and we are having bigger allocations than the paltry 2k we got for Norwich.

The staff don’t work for free, they’re employed by the club and are paid to do so.

A free ticket every now and then yes, fair enough as a perk of the job. But to give out 20% of the tickets to the most in demand game of the season, where tickets are already limited and thousands of people have paid £40 for a membership just to have a chance at getting a ticket is an absolute p*ss take.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

They get paid a salary.... on 12:49 - Apr 7 with 5049 viewsBloots

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:40 - Apr 7 by DublinBlue84

....for the work they do.

That's how employment works.

The issue isn't even about whether they deserve it or not, it's about whether they should get preferential treatment over fans who have spent hundreds of pounds following the club this season.

They obviously shouldn't, and therefore we have every right to discuss it and want an explanation. If it isn't discussed then it will continue to happen, and that is unacceptable.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:53 - Apr 7 with 5006 viewsDublinBlue84

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:47 - Apr 7 by WeirdFishes

The staff don’t work for free, they’re employed by the club and are paid to do so.

A free ticket every now and then yes, fair enough as a perk of the job. But to give out 20% of the tickets to the most in demand game of the season, where tickets are already limited and thousands of people have paid £40 for a membership just to have a chance at getting a ticket is an absolute p*ss take.

I don't have a problem with the club giving players tickets or staff members tickets to be honest. They deserve to see the product of their hard work and the success they have contributed to. Their contribution in tuning our club around should be recognised rather than taken for granted as it is by some on here.

We also do not know what their contracts of employment or benefits packages say. If their contracts say they are entitled to tickets to matches then even if the club wanted to, they would not be able to stop them going to the Norwich match unless they wanted to breach the benefits package, which would create a huge amount of bad feeling internally which would not be in the interests of the team.

As I said I don't have any problem with the club giving tickets to the players and I don't have any problem with the club giving tickets to staff members. But what was wrong in my eyes is that they shouldn't have given the staff members a plus one for the game. The plus one's don't work for the club so they shouldn't get a ticket.

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:55 - Apr 7 with 4986 viewspennblue

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 10:17 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

I think with sponsors and people like Fabio, who by the way is doing wonders for the club, promoting them to a different audience, is that 'its tricky'. I mean if I chucked in £10-100k into the club, I too would expect some kick backs.

We want to be successful, we need money coming in, thats the bottom line.

So 'its not easy' I suspect.

Having said that, back office staff should not be qualifying for tickets away to Norwich, we do need to bring our A game support wise to these types of fixtures.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

They get paid a salary.... on 12:56 - Apr 7 with 4986 viewsDublinBlue84

They get paid a salary.... on 12:49 - Apr 7 by Bloots

....for the work they do.

That's how employment works.

The issue isn't even about whether they deserve it or not, it's about whether they should get preferential treatment over fans who have spent hundreds of pounds following the club this season.

They obviously shouldn't, and therefore we have every right to discuss it and want an explanation. If it isn't discussed then it will continue to happen, and that is unacceptable.

So you are going to go back to your boss on Monday morning and tell them to scrap all the benefits that you get with your salary, because you are paid for your job therefore you don't need or want any the perks or benefits you are getting in your contract?

No? Didn't think so.

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:58 - Apr 7 with 4959 viewsAsa

Might be the first big own goal under the new regime.

As an away regular you seem the same old faces every week. Some of them had told me they couldn’t get a ticket for this one which seemed odd as they have been there for every other 2,000 or so allocation.

I have no evidence that this suggestion is correct. I did see Wardley. I did see Dyer. First time this season. But club officials I know that are there every week, suddenly had partners with them, quite a few of them that were enough to start to wonder how they’d got tickets. So my assumption is there’s definitely something in this.

Not buying that 400 friends and family would be the reason the away end wasn’t rocking. That was on the fans and the players.

But if this turns out to be true then the only way the club don’t get criticised is if Norwich only gave us 1,600 and we got them to give us another 400 as long as they were not sold. I doubt that’s happened and if it hasn’t then the club has potentially denied potential fans a massive game by giving out freebies to staff which really isn’t the way the club now runs things so very curious to see what has gone on here.
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 13:01 - Apr 7 with 4919 viewsbazza

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:53 - Apr 7 by DublinBlue84

I don't have a problem with the club giving players tickets or staff members tickets to be honest. They deserve to see the product of their hard work and the success they have contributed to. Their contribution in tuning our club around should be recognised rather than taken for granted as it is by some on here.

We also do not know what their contracts of employment or benefits packages say. If their contracts say they are entitled to tickets to matches then even if the club wanted to, they would not be able to stop them going to the Norwich match unless they wanted to breach the benefits package, which would create a huge amount of bad feeling internally which would not be in the interests of the team.

As I said I don't have any problem with the club giving tickets to the players and I don't have any problem with the club giving tickets to staff members. But what was wrong in my eyes is that they shouldn't have given the staff members a plus one for the game. The plus one's don't work for the club so they shouldn't get a ticket.

They should be offered home tickets, or away tickets to big allocation games, not 400 of 2000, to the game everyone wants to be at, and spend years building up points to a priority ticket system the club implemented, for them to hand them out however they want, it is wrong, 100%
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 13:02 - Apr 7 with 4915 viewsDublinBlue84

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:58 - Apr 7 by Asa

Might be the first big own goal under the new regime.

As an away regular you seem the same old faces every week. Some of them had told me they couldn’t get a ticket for this one which seemed odd as they have been there for every other 2,000 or so allocation.

I have no evidence that this suggestion is correct. I did see Wardley. I did see Dyer. First time this season. But club officials I know that are there every week, suddenly had partners with them, quite a few of them that were enough to start to wonder how they’d got tickets. So my assumption is there’s definitely something in this.

Not buying that 400 friends and family would be the reason the away end wasn’t rocking. That was on the fans and the players.

But if this turns out to be true then the only way the club don’t get criticised is if Norwich only gave us 1,600 and we got them to give us another 400 as long as they were not sold. I doubt that’s happened and if it hasn’t then the club has potentially denied potential fans a massive game by giving out freebies to staff which really isn’t the way the club now runs things so very curious to see what has gone on here.

And that is completely wrong and for me, the biggest mistake is the issue of the plus one tickets and it's clear that there were a lot more +1s there yesterday than there is normally, which does make me think that something was different as you say.

I have no problem with the players getting a couple of tickets each and staff getting tickets for themselves only but as I said previously, the +1s of the staff who have not been there and don't work for the club, had no right to be there and these tickets should have been made available to fans. The club have got that part wrong.

No issue with Wardley being there considering he's done a lot working with the club.

I very much doubt that.... on 13:07 - Apr 7 with 4870 viewsBloots

They get paid a salary.... on 12:56 - Apr 7 by DublinBlue84

So you are going to go back to your boss on Monday morning and tell them to scrap all the benefits that you get with your salary, because you are paid for your job therefore you don't need or want any the perks or benefits you are getting in your contract?

No? Didn't think so.

....Barbara from the ticket office's contract says "You will also get priority access to a ticket for the most popular away match of the season, oh and your old man can have one even though he actually supports West Ham".

Giving employees "benefits" is standard, but doing so doesn't preclude your customers from also having that benefit.

It does in this case.

I very much doubt that.... on 13:09 - Apr 7 with 4840 viewsDublinBlue84

I very much doubt that.... on 13:07 - Apr 7 by Bloots

....Barbara from the ticket office's contract says "You will also get priority access to a ticket for the most popular away match of the season, oh and your old man can have one even though he actually supports West Ham".

Giving employees "benefits" is standard, but doing so doesn't preclude your customers from also having that benefit.

It does in this case.

If you read my posts properly you will see that I don't agree with the +1s getting a ticket.

It really depends how the benefit is worded in the contract though at the end of the day.

No, it will definitely not be a contractual benefit. (n/t) on 13:12 - Apr 7 with 4806 viewsBloots

I very much doubt that.... on 13:09 - Apr 7 by DublinBlue84

If you read my posts properly you will see that I don't agree with the +1s getting a ticket.

It really depends how the benefit is worded in the contract though at the end of the day.

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 13:13 - Apr 7 with 4801 viewsBig_Jase

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:55 - Apr 7 by pennblue

I think with sponsors and people like Fabio, who by the way is doing wonders for the club, promoting them to a different audience, is that 'its tricky'. I mean if I chucked in £10-100k into the club, I too would expect some kick backs.

We want to be successful, we need money coming in, thats the bottom line.

So 'its not easy' I suspect.

Having said that, back office staff should not be qualifying for tickets away to Norwich, we do need to bring our A game support wise to these types of fixtures.

Fabio is not doing wonders for the club? He’s tapping into a ready made fan base to boost his popularity and boost his profile, not the other way around.

Lots of boxers do it, I don’t blame them, look at Wood with Forest and Warrington with Leeds, it’s very common practice, but to say he’s done loads for the club is absolute nonsense.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 13:13 - Apr 7 with 4793 viewsZx1988

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 12:44 - Apr 7 by Churchman

I think our players do just fine with the fans and the community stuff.

Of course the club is going to make mistakes and it looks like ticketing for this game was one of them. As long as they learn from it, fair enough. People keep raising the Williams thing. Now is not the time. Hirst? The club has the right to disclose stuff when it chooses to when it comes to things like transfers.

If they lie or do what the Wednesday owner is doing and Evans did, then fans have every right to give their 10 pence worth or vote with their feet. What fans don’t have the right to do is chase players up the road with camera phones or hound them to the point their father complains.

I don’t think Ashton has the media in his pocket. He’s just done a good job in his near three years and delivered a lot of what he promised to. Is he a salesman? Yes. Can he do bullsh£t bingo for England? None better. Can he irritate with the Brentspeak. Yep. Has he made mistakes? A lot more than we know about I suspect. But those who don’t make mistakes tend to be people that don’t do anything.

There is nothing wrong with challenging him/the club on ticketing or any number of other things. But to suggest they’ve created an atmosphere of no accountability is the opposite to how it looks to me.

I get what you're saying about the club having the right to choose what it discloses, but it's also apparent that the club has a very different relationship with the media post-GC.

Pre-GC the media was a lot more willing to publish rumours etc., even if they hadn't been substantiated by the club. Hirst being seen around Town would have received comment for sure. There may have been more likelihood that the Williams matter would have been reported on differently but, at the same time, it *is* a far more sensitive matter.

It seems to me, now, that local media will seek the club's permission (or await the club's authorisation) to publish things and, no doubt, such compliance is rewarded by better access to the club and other such media perks.

I've no doubt that, under previous regimes, there would probably have been media comment already; local outlets were certainly happy to be critical or report on negative matters under the Evans regime. I appreciate that it's a Sunday so reporting will be different, but the longer the local media stay silent, the more credence it lends to the belief that they are more happy to toe the party line.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

They get paid a salary.... on 13:14 - Apr 7 with 4780 viewsbazza

They get paid a salary.... on 12:56 - Apr 7 by DublinBlue84

No? Didn't think so.

I can’t see a contract being offered where it states a ticket to
Norwich away. For you and a mate . come on now.
What has Wardley done for the club? (n/t) on 13:15 - Apr 7 with 4762 viewsBloots

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 13:02 - Apr 7 by DublinBlue84

And that is completely wrong and for me, the biggest mistake is the issue of the plus one tickets and it's clear that there were a lot more +1s there yesterday than there is normally, which does make me think that something was different as you say.

I have no problem with the players getting a couple of tickets each and staff getting tickets for themselves only but as I said previously, the +1s of the staff who have not been there and don't work for the club, had no right to be there and these tickets should have been made available to fans. The club have got that part wrong.

No issue with Wardley being there considering he's done a lot working with the club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024