Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season 15:40 - Apr 6 with 1854 viewsNeedhamChris

Brandon Williams or Sone Aluko?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:40 - Apr 6 with 1632 viewspointofblue

Aluko. At least we got something out of Williams.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:41 - Apr 6 with 1620 viewsmrshallisfit

Shouldn't you be out celebrating your cup final 1-0 win.
Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:42 - Apr 6 with 1603 viewsNeedhamChris

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:41 - Apr 6 by mrshallisfit

Shouldn't you be out celebrating your cup final 1-0 win.

Thought calling people budgies with no substance was frowned upon on here.

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:43 - Apr 6 with 1580 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Your very obvious targeting of Williams needs to stop.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:45 - Apr 6 with 1563 viewsSwansea_Blue

Or has he just got a number, ha!?

Aluko, with an honourable mention for Ball

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:45 - Apr 6 with 1559 viewspointofblue

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:43 - Apr 6 by JammyDodgerrr

I think it should be less about Williams himself and more about how we allowed ourselves to be in a position where we're having to use a squad space with someone who was never going to come back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:45 - Apr 6 with 1556 viewsNeedhamChris

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:43 - Apr 6 by JammyDodgerrr

I'm not annoyed at Brandon Williams - hope he's okay. I am annoyed at the way we kept him in the squad and didn't replace him. Can you distinguish between those two things?

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:45 - Apr 6 with 1539 viewsChurchman

Not every purchase, loan, decision works out. Never has, never will.

We don’t know the reasoning behind Williams or what’s really happened. It’s best left where it is.

Aluko? Depends on the alternatives and what KM wanted to retain him for. Freddie L wanted to play, which is fair enough so he rightly departed.
Login to get fewer ads

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:46 - Apr 6 with 1530 viewsFrimleyBlue

Neither really as it hasn't stopped us from having anyone take a place.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:46 - Apr 6 with 1532 viewsNeedhamChris

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:45 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

I think it should be less about Williams himself and more about how we allowed ourselves to be in a position where we're having to use a squad space with someone who was never going to come back.

Exactly. Nuance isn't dead to everyone, thankfully!

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:46 - Apr 6 with 1530 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:42 - Apr 6 by NeedhamChris

Thought calling people budgies with no substance was frowned upon on here.

I think calling out professional footballers is too if it upsets their families. I am sure Williams' and Aluko's families won't be reading so you are probably safe, though. Still equally poor to those who (wrongly I believe for what it's worth) call you a budgie.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:52 - Apr 6 with 1465 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:45 - Apr 6 by Churchman

We don’t know the reasoning behind Williams or what’s really happened. It’s best left where it is.

Aluko? Depends on the alternatives and what KM wanted to retain him for. Freddie L wanted to play, which is fair enough so he rightly departed.

It's obvious that had there not been problems and he'd stayed fit and focussed, he would have been hell of a signing. So a good choice in theory. Just a shame it hasn't worked out for non-footballing reasons, as the talent is there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:54 - Apr 6 with 1450 viewsNeedhamChris

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:52 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

It's obvious that had there not been problems and he'd stayed fit and focussed, he would have been hell of a signing. So a good choice in theory. Just a shame it hasn't worked out for non-footballing reasons, as the talent is there.

That's fair enough initially - he was one of my favourite players in and around the spell where he scored that goal.

However we should have known enough in January to make a change though.

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:56 - Apr 6 with 1421 viewsNeedhamChris

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:46 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think calling out professional footballers is too if it upsets their families. I am sure Williams' and Aluko's families won't be reading so you are probably safe, though. Still equally poor to those who (wrongly I believe for what it's worth) call you a budgie.

There does come a point though where you're so protective of their families you're basically arguing for no negative comments at all about players. That seems a bit too cotton wooly for me.

Anyhow, I'm not exactly calling them out for poor performances, I'm calling them out as examples of what Seema poor squad management in January. Mostly BW - as full back is an area we definitely are missing extra cover.

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 16:02 - Apr 6 with 1376 viewsVegtablue

Williams and his probable wages have probably backfired on us; we backed the wrong horse with hindsight. Overall though we've had a deeper squad than most. I seriously doubt that subtracting Aluko would have resulted in an important addition replacing him.
Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 16:04 - Apr 6 with 1357 viewsRonFearonsHair

Amazing how difficult it is to find anyone from an entire squad.
Not so long ago we would be flipping that question around wondering whether there were any players we wanted to keep.
Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 16:50 - Apr 6 with 1279 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This is such an odd question at such an odd time.

Who cares? Football club in 'doesn't get every single thing right' shocker.

Give it a rest.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 17:30 - Apr 6 with 1164 viewsRadlett_blue

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:45 - Apr 6 by Churchman

I was astounded when McKenna gave Aluko another year. Yes, he might be "good in the dressing room", but you don't waste a squad place on a cheerleader.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 17:42 - Apr 6 with 1082 viewsChurchman

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 15:56 - Apr 6 by NeedhamChris

There does come a point though where you're so protective of their families you're basically arguing for no negative comments at all about players. That seems a bit too cotton wooly for me.

Anyhow, I'm not exactly calling them out for poor performances, I'm calling them out as examples of what Seema poor squad management in January. Mostly BW - as full back is an area we definitely are missing extra cover.

You cannot call it ‘poor squad management’ without knowing what’s actually happened with him. It’s wrong to do that or to speculate.

If you have say a player that boozes and eats his way through every fast food outlet and pub from Dartford to Ipswich and waddles back from pre season needed the mainsail sized shorts, he can be called out. If a player is chased for gambling money with baseball bats or caught and convicted for being lagered up in his £150k car, call him out. Same if a player steals a living walking about on the pitch being laughed at and filmed by oppo fans.

But it’s wrong and actually unfair to even speculate on the BW situation. Aluko? A fair question to be asked at a fans forum.
Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 18:41 - Apr 6 with 720 viewsWhos_blue

Er, what's happened?
Was just replying to a comment. Hit add reply and half the thread has gone.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 18:42 - Apr 6 with 716 viewsRyorry

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 17:30 - Apr 6 by Radlett_blue

I was astounded when McKenna gave Aluko another year. Yes, he might be "good in the dressing room", but you don't waste a squad place on a cheerleader.

He could still be useful if we're one up with 10 minutes to go & need to hold on - has always looked calm & assured in that situation. We may yet need him.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 18:43 - Apr 6 with 702 viewsRyorry

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 18:41 - Apr 6 by Whos_blue

Er, what's happened?
Was just replying to a comment. Hit add reply and half the thread has gone.

Abuse was reported & acted swiftly on - rightly so.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 18:47 - Apr 6 with 688 viewsWhos_blue

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 18:43 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

Abuse was reported & acted swiftly on - rightly so.

Ah. That's good.
I was very disappointed with the way the thread had been derailed and was adding to my previous responses to the poster.
Well done admin.

Edit - Slightly gutted though. I took ages typing my reply and though I say so myself, I thought it was a zinger!
[Post edited 6 Apr 18:53]

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 18:53 - Apr 6 with 613 viewsMK1

What is the point of this post?
Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 18:56 - Apr 6 with 591 viewsWhos_blue

Who's been the worst use of a squad place this season on 18:53 - Apr 6 by MK1

What is the point of this post?

Testing the patience of the admins by the look of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024