Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid 14:42 - Apr 6 with 3157 viewsonceablue

They sat back didn’t press us when we had ball at back.

Which meant there was no space in behind.

We didn’t know what to do

McKenna should have made changes at half time

Why bring on Harness?

The fans biggest game of season and players let us down

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:43 - Apr 6 with 2607 viewspointofblue

And the manager for the reasons given. The match the fans care about the most and they didn't show up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:45 - Apr 6 with 2558 viewsSuffolktractor

Give over!
The players in no way let the fans down.
Probably our worst all round performance of the season and yes it had to be against the scum, but please don’t come out with that after the season we have had so far.
Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:48 - Apr 6 with 2528 viewsArnieM

Wagner win the tactical battle in both games. Shame our manager can’t adapt his tactics once in a while. We handed victory on a plate today snd also against Leeds at their place by refusing to tweek our approach. I was blasted out of the water for suggesting that was naive. Well I’m suggesting it again today. We played right into their hands with our approach: we’re predictable!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:49 - Apr 6 with 2518 viewsonceablue

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:45 - Apr 6 by Suffolktractor

Give over!
The players in no way let the fans down.
Probably our worst all round performance of the season and yes it had to be against the scum, but please don’t come out with that after the season we have had so far.

Yes we have had a great season and had some great games

BUT SORRY TODAY AND TODAY BEING THE IMPORTANT WORD THEY HAVE LET US DOWN
Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:49 - Apr 6 with 2507 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe he thought Harness would add energy? Worse type of game for him imo, as they were mopping up all the challenges and second balls and starting to drop deep. I think we’d have been better with Broady’s intelligence, even if he was anonymous first half. There was no space for Harness and that ends up with him running around looking a bit like a headless chicken.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:59 - Apr 6 with 2410 viewsSuffolktractor

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:49 - Apr 6 by onceablue

Yes we have had a great season and had some great games

BUT SORRY TODAY AND TODAY BEING THE IMPORTANT WORD THEY HAVE LET US DOWN

I know we are only arguing about use of words. But personally I don’t feel let down by the players. They pretty much were all below par, but there is a difference between letting the fans down and just having an off day.
Either way I am sure we are both as p**sed off as each other at the moment.
Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:59 - Apr 6 with 2403 viewsbournemouthblue

I don't think you can just blame the players, I think tactically Wagner had McKenna's number there

McKenna has to learn from it, clearly we need more players running in behind sides like this

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 15:09 - Apr 6 with 2315 viewsHerbivore

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:48 - Apr 6 by ArnieM

Wagner win the tactical battle in both games. Shame our manager can’t adapt his tactics once in a while. We handed victory on a plate today snd also against Leeds at their place by refusing to tweek our approach. I was blasted out of the water for suggesting that was naive. Well I’m suggesting it again today. We played right into their hands with our approach: we’re predictable!

If we're so predictable how have we managed to take 87 points from 41 games? You'd think it'd be easy to play against such a predictable side.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 15:10 - Apr 6 with 2302 viewsOldFart71

Basically we lost to a poor team who were set up to frustrate. Credit to the budgies. Not some thing I ever like to give the. How many times did Tuanzebe pass the ball straight out until he was subbed ?Over all a very poor display against an average side. Man for man we are better than then, but so many didn't show up.That as a long standing fan is so frustrating.
Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 15:15 - Apr 6 with 2246 viewsHerbivore

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:59 - Apr 6 by bournemouthblue

I don't think you can just blame the players, I think tactically Wagner had McKenna's number there

McKenna has to learn from it, clearly we need more players running in behind sides like this

If only we had Hirst and Burns fit.

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 15:17 - Apr 6 with 2221 viewspointofblue

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 15:15 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

If only we had Hirst and Burns fit.

I think Burns' absence is a huge problem for us. Instead of being able to ease Hutchinson through games, we're running him into the ground. I wonder if Jackson may start on Wednesday?

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:00 - Apr 6 with 2131 viewsDeano69

Didn’t seem long ago - https://onefootball.com/fr/news/david-wagner-speaks-out-on-his-norwich-city-futu

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:01 - Apr 6 with 2102 viewspointofblue

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:00 - Apr 6 by Deano69

Didn’t seem long ago - https://onefootball.com/fr/news/david-wagner-speaks-out-on-his-norwich-city-futu

Reminds me of Farke in 2018/19. I think he would have been sacked if they'd lost to us at Portman Road, and they probably deserved to. I think it was our best performance under Hurst (not that that's saying much).

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:07 - Apr 6 with 2068 viewsStokieBlue

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:48 - Apr 6 by ArnieM

Another rubbish post from you.

Please stop wasting the planets resources.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:14 - Apr 6 with 2004 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 14:59 - Apr 6 by bournemouthblue

On aspect of our game that we don't seem to have compared to the Leeds and the Leicesters is that runner underlapping into the box. We seem to all stand still waiting for the ball to be crossed rather than try and create a different opportunity.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:26 - Apr 6 with 1957 viewsStokieBlue

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:14 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

On aspect of our game that we don't seem to have compared to the Leeds and the Leicesters is that runner underlapping into the box. We seem to all stand still waiting for the ball to be crossed rather than try and create a different opportunity.

Yet we have scored the most goals in the league by a reasonable margin.

Statistical evidence rather than your visual interpretation would seem to suggest that over the season we've attacked just fine and better than either of the teams you've mentioned.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:32 - Apr 6 with 1915 viewsChurchman

You are implying the players didn’t do their best. This team always give it 100%. Believe me, I’ve seen teams that don’t and this isn’t one of them. The results and table doesn’t lie.

Wagner said that his team ‘wanted it more’. I hate statements like that because they mean that again, they tried harder. If I was McKenna I would post that on the dressing room wall should we meet them in the play offs.

KM needs to look at the two games against them and understand why we deservedly scraped only a point from them. They cannot finish above us so in theory we can do better. If we do meet them, let’s shove Wagner’s comments up where they belong.
Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:34 - Apr 6 with 1897 viewsrkc123

I think it was the only time I can remember when McKenna did seem to miss a trick (and to be clear I am more than happy to forgive him of that given the amount of times he has altered games to win them for us). It seemed so obvious we just needed a threat to go in behind their CB's, they were quite comfortable with Moore, particularly with him having a bit of an off day, but were not very mobile so I think Al-Hamadi should have been on at half time and just ping a few over for him to chase, even if it hadn't come to anything they would have had to drop off a little to counter the threat, leaving more space for the 3 behind the striker to play in. We saw it was a threat once Al-Hamadi came on, just felt it was a little late.
Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:36 - Apr 6 with 1875 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:26 - Apr 6 by StokieBlue

Yet we have scored the most goals in the league by a reasonable margin.

Statistical evidence rather than your visual interpretation would seem to suggest that over the season we've attacked just fine and better than either of the teams you've mentioned.

SB

SB I was simply responding to the poster who mentioned about players and their runs. I wasn't saying what we do hasn't worked. Just simply is it one aspect I'd noticed a difference.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:46 - Apr 6 with 1831 viewsVegtablue

Phrases like "let us down" sit uneasily with me as I normally associate this with a lack of effort, rather than application. We've received more moments with this bunch than any set of fans may reasonably hope for, while man-for-man it isn't obvious the better XI lost today, when you remove focus from the consistency we've achieved as a unit. In one-off affairs our games against the next band down are all on a knife-edge IMO, especially away from home where we create much less. At home I back us to get the job done more often than not.

I wouldn't trade what we've delivered so far for a win against the scum in a month of Sundays, as gutted as I am that the two haven't combined. A massive damp squib of a performance. 😔
Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 11:50 - Apr 7 with 1527 viewsArnieM

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 15:09 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

If we're so predictable how have we managed to take 87 points from 41 games? You'd think it'd be easy to play against such a predictable side.

My point is, we don’t adapt to opponents tactics. Leeds attacked and over fan us at our place … the reverse fixture, where a point would probably have been a good point, we played our usual open football and were over run in tha5 first 20 mins again. Why didn’t we Tewksbury our approach? Leeds knew we’d play that way and just hit us on the break.

Scum, sat back at PR, defending deep and hit us on the break, scoring from virtually their only two attacks. Yesterday we played again the same way, slow, pedestrian build up like we always do out of defence. Scum sat back and waited for us., and yes you’ve guessed it, theyve hit us on the break. We couldn’t break down their deep defending , again. So, why didn’t we modify our approach? We can’t play “ total football” all the time. We lacked the ability to mix it up, that’s a weakness in my view.

When we play scum in the play off, ( as we likely will do ), are we going to play the same way , when it’s clearly not worked for two previous games? Would you be happy with that approach, given that Wagner appears to have out thought McKenna over the last two games ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 11:58 - Apr 7 with 1505 viewsbluejacko

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 16:34 - Apr 6 by rkc123

I think it was the only time I can remember when McKenna did seem to miss a trick (and to be clear I am more than happy to forgive him of that given the amount of times he has altered games to win them for us). It seemed so obvious we just needed a threat to go in behind their CB's, they were quite comfortable with Moore, particularly with him having a bit of an off day, but were not very mobile so I think Al-Hamadi should have been on at half time and just ping a few over for him to chase, even if it hadn't come to anything they would have had to drop off a little to counter the threat, leaving more space for the 3 behind the striker to play in. We saw it was a threat once Al-Hamadi came on, just felt it was a little late.

Says it all really when Ali has mom on the fixtures page! How long was he on for? Don’t want to criticise McK at all but there was something lacking in yesterday’s performance that needed sorted!
Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 12:07 - Apr 7 with 1462 viewsHerbivore

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 11:50 - Apr 7 by ArnieM

My point is, we don’t adapt to opponents tactics. Leeds attacked and over fan us at our place … the reverse fixture, where a point would probably have been a good point, we played our usual open football and were over run in tha5 first 20 mins again. Why didn’t we Tewksbury our approach? Leeds knew we’d play that way and just hit us on the break.

Scum, sat back at PR, defending deep and hit us on the break, scoring from virtually their only two attacks. Yesterday we played again the same way, slow, pedestrian build up like we always do out of defence. Scum sat back and waited for us., and yes you’ve guessed it, theyve hit us on the break. We couldn’t break down their deep defending , again. So, why didn’t we modify our approach? We can’t play “ total football” all the time. We lacked the ability to mix it up, that’s a weakness in my view.

When we play scum in the play off, ( as we likely will do ), are we going to play the same way , when it’s clearly not worked for two previous games? Would you be happy with that approach, given that Wagner appears to have out thought McKenna over the last two games ?

That's not a very balanced or accurate take. If all someone knew about Town was based on your posts on here they'd think we're bottom of the league with a load of pub players and Lambert as manager. Have a word.

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 12:30 - Apr 7 with 1389 viewsITFCSG

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 11:50 - Apr 7 by ArnieM

100% agree. As repeated elsewhere we don't seem to have a Plan B and we struggle against teams playing a compact set-up and/or a low block. This is not new as seen from our struggles against Lincoln and Cheltenham last season. McKball may be good for the mid-table teams and relegation fodder but bar Southampton our record against the rest of the top 6 is appalling (D4 L4) which suggest we may not even get to Wembley.

TACTICS: Yesterday we had 70 minutes to effect a change after they scored and nothing drastic was done. Nothing! If we needed to play 2 up (like we did v WBA at home) or pump the long ball dino-Mick style then do it. Would you rather win ugly or tippy-tap you way to defeat like what is happening at Soton?

MENTALITY: Look at Leeds at Cov yesterday, yes they lost but look at how they pushed wave after wave at the Cov goal until the last whistle. Us? Passing the ball backwards and giving away silly free kicks deep into injury time.

Credit when credit is due, taking into account what the team has done over the past 2+ years but it doesn't obfuscate the fact that the performance was an embarrassment at the home of our biggest rivals yesterday.
Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 12:33 - Apr 7 with 1367 viewsHerbivore

Wagner won the tactical battle I am afraid on 12:30 - Apr 7 by ITFCSG

100% agree. As repeated elsewhere we don't seem to have a Plan B and we struggle against teams playing a compact set-up and/or a low block. This is not new as seen from our struggles against Lincoln and Cheltenham last season. McKball may be good for the mid-table teams and relegation fodder but bar Southampton our record against the rest of the top 6 is appalling (D4 L4) which suggest we may not even get to Wembley.

TACTICS: Yesterday we had 70 minutes to effect a change after they scored and nothing drastic was done. Nothing! If we needed to play 2 up (like we did v WBA at home) or pump the long ball dino-Mick style then do it. Would you rather win ugly or tippy-tap you way to defeat like what is happening at Soton?

MENTALITY: Look at Leeds at Cov yesterday, yes they lost but look at how they pushed wave after wave at the Cov goal until the last whistle. Us? Passing the ball backwards and giving away silly free kicks deep into injury time.

Credit when credit is due, taking into account what the team has done over the past 2+ years but it doesn't obfuscate the fact that the performance was an embarrassment at the home of our biggest rivals yesterday.

24 hours of bedwetting is a lot, mate. I hope you own plenty of sheets. Your first paragraph is rather all over the place, it's weird to exclude our results against Saints and it's also hardly unusual for teams to have worse results against the best teams than they do against others. Also, Norwich aside those teams haven't exactly set up with a low block, they just have good players. Other teams have tried to defend deep against us this season and have generally ultimately come unstuck. We're having a remarkable season that some of our wet wipe fans don't really deserve.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024