Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't sleep (n/t) 02:22 - Apr 6 with 1035 viewsandehpandeh

Led me to wonder...how do these players actually do it before a game?

Do they have people instructing them how to relax before this kind of thing?

Must admit it's difficult for me to sleep anyway but this is adding some tension
[Post edited 6 Apr 2:23]
Can't sleep (n/t) on 02:58 - Apr 6 with 983 viewsWestover

Almost 3am and I can't either, I just hope we stuff that scum.COYB.
Can't sleep (n/t) on 03:06 - Apr 6 with 970 viewsKropotkin123

Me neither, 7pm here

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Can't sleep (n/t) on 07:12 - Apr 6 with 766 viewsMK1

To them, it is just another game until about 10am. Woolfy and Clarke may have struggled a bit, but all will be fine.
Can't sleep (n/t) on 07:24 - Apr 6 with 736 viewsPippin1970

They get well paid better than us..I'd sleep well on their wages.
Can't sleep (n/t) on 07:55 - Apr 6 with 659 viewsnoggin

Can't sleep (n/t) on 07:24 - Apr 6 by Pippin1970

They get well paid better than us..I'd sleep well on their wages.

So you're saying the only thing that keeps humans awake at night is low wages?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Can't sleep (n/t) on 08:17 - Apr 6 with 595 viewsbluejacko

According to some forums it’s drugs isn’t it?
Can't sleep (n/t) on 08:19 - Apr 6 with 585 viewsMJallday

I spoke to a former pro about this a few weeks ago

His basic answer was that mental prep was everything. It’s not just about worrying the night before , it’s about remembering all the things you’ve been told , the planning and the task he had to do - it starts the minute the previous match is over - there’s research to remember and there’s lots of “options“ and he personally didn’t have time not to sleep! Because on top of that mental prep was all the physical stuff, the training and fitness etc
Tbf he played 30 -35years ago at the very top so eh acknowledges things have changed / but it’s a good insight

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Can't sleep (n/t) on 08:19 - Apr 6 with 580 viewsHelp

Their on drugs, we keep getting told that
Login to get fewer ads

Can't sleep (n/t) on 08:46 - Apr 6 with 512 viewsandehpandeh

Can't sleep (n/t) on 08:19 - Apr 6 by MJallday

His basic answer was that mental prep was everything. It’s not just about worrying the night before , it’s about remembering all the things you’ve been told , the planning and the task he had to do - it starts the minute the previous match is over - there’s research to remember and there’s lots of “options“ and he personally didn’t have time not to sleep! Because on top of that mental prep was all the physical stuff, the training and fitness etc
Tbf he played 30 -35years ago at the very top so eh acknowledges things have changed / but it’s a good insight

That's really interesting. For me the extra instructions would just be added to the thoughts bouncing round in my head at 3am but I guess that's why I'm not a professional footballer!

Either way hope everyone got enough rest to enjoy(!) today, uppa towen
Can't sleep (n/t) on 08:46 - Apr 6 with 511 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can't sleep (n/t) on 08:19 - Apr 6 by Help

Their on drugs, we keep getting told that

And they've been busy conjuring spells. Thats enough to make anyone sleepy.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Can't sleep (n/t) on 08:57 - Apr 6 with 476 viewsMJallday

Can't sleep (n/t) on 08:46 - Apr 6 by andehpandeh

That's really interesting. For me the extra instructions would just be added to the thoughts bouncing round in my head at 3am but I guess that's why I'm not a professional footballer!

Either way hope everyone got enough rest to enjoy(!) today, uppa towen

Apparently even years ago (this is pre premier legwue) clubs would have info on who is left footed right footed , favourite moves , traits , things that would wind them
Up etc

Fascinating really

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Can't sleep (n/t) on 09:21 - Apr 6 with 400 viewsGuthrum

Can't sleep (n/t) on 08:19 - Apr 6 by MJallday

The other thing is that they've mostly been doing this since childhood. It's just how their world works. In addition, they can directly and personally affect the outcome of today, which probably makes it easier.

Plus most of them didn't grow up with the rivalry, or are necessarily even Ipswich fans (as distinct from being dedicated to doing the best possible job while here).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Can't sleep (n/t) on 09:26 - Apr 6 with 367 viewscressi

It's easy it's what makes the difference between good and top players it's mental attitude.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024