Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could middle class problems get any worse than this 14:51 - Apr 5 with 1074 viewsHelp

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/30/yoghurt-sainsburys-meal-de

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 14:54 - Apr 5 with 1040 viewswithyblue

Are meal-deals sole-preserve of the middle-classes?
Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 14:56 - Apr 5 with 1026 viewslowhouseblue

don't be mean to poor double-barrelled imogen - she has a column to fill and she has to do it even when she has nothing to say.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 14:57 - Apr 5 with 1020 viewsCobboldCrusty

Think you've missed the point tbh - whole point of a meal deal is affordable food for the average busy person and this is saying that making a yogurt a main is chipping away at that. Fair point surely?
Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:02 - Apr 5 with 975 viewsGogs

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 14:57 - Apr 5 by CobboldCrusty

Think you've missed the point tbh - whole point of a meal deal is affordable food for the average busy person and this is saying that making a yogurt a main is chipping away at that. Fair point surely?

Exactly. This is an article about being ripped off by supermarkets. Nothing else
Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:06 - Apr 5 with 949 viewslowhouseblue

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:02 - Apr 5 by Gogs

Exactly. This is an article about being ripped off by supermarkets. Nothing else

couldn't you just not choose the yoghurt though?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:08 - Apr 5 with 925 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 14:57 - Apr 5 by CobboldCrusty

So use the market to your benefit - go get a Greek yogurt for 1.50 in Lidl. Nobody is dragging her kicking and screaming in to Sainsbury’s, everyone knows it’s expensive. The whole article screams first world problems.

Companies only engage in price gouging because people grumble about it and carry on. I got 80 quid off my AA renewal by threatening to cancel it and go with the RAC, 200 quid off car insurance by getting them to price match the best quote, and faster, cheaper broadband by moving providers.
Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:11 - Apr 5 with 881 viewsGogs

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:06 - Apr 5 by lowhouseblue

Yes but not if your regular ‘side’ was a yoghurt that’s now been reclassified as a ‘main’.

Anyway I usually make my own sandwiches
Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:14 - Apr 5 with 862 viewsWeWereZombies

Yoghurt is for plebs, those of us with even a modicum of taste go for kefir these days.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:17 - Apr 5 with 835 viewsKropotkin123

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:06 - Apr 5 by lowhouseblue

Accepting change is the alternative to confronting it, yes. But it doesn't really help if you wish to confront the change.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:19 - Apr 5 with 821 viewsJ2BLUE

These people actually get paid to write this rubbish.

There is nothing that makes you question humanity more than the Guardian opinions section. Filled with page after page of utter sh1te.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:19 - Apr 5 with 821 viewshoppy

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:14 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

Yoghurt is for plebs, those of us with even a modicum of taste go for kefir these days.

Moore, or less.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:26 - Apr 5 with 780 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm more upset that they don't include 'avo' as a main. I need something else to go with my pine nut quinoa.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:27 - Apr 5 with 764 viewsSwansea_Blue

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 15:14 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

He's done well since coming in for Hirst, so hard to argue with that

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:03 - Apr 5 with 675 viewsbazza

Plays havoc with my guts, every time I’ve had a yogurt my farts have been onken.
Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:15 - Apr 5 with 646 viewshoppy

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:03 - Apr 5 by bazza

Plays havoc with my guts, every time I’ve had a yogurt my farts have been onken.

I bet Ken is getting a bit fed up of that too?

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:18 - Apr 5 with 640 viewsKeno

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:15 - Apr 5 by hoppy

I bet Ken is getting a bit fed up of that too?

I wasnt going to whey into this debate

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:19 - Apr 5 with 629 viewshoppy

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:18 - Apr 5 by Keno

I wasnt going to whey into this debate

It's a culture thing anyway.

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:37 - Apr 5 with 569 viewsWeWereZombies

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:19 - Apr 5 by hoppy

Just so long as you don't go messing with the yakult (pun courtesy of The Mighty Boosh...)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:37 - Apr 5 with 569 viewsKeno

Could middle class problems get any worse than this on 16:19 - Apr 5 by hoppy

Ghee thats a good point

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024