Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Samuel Morsy. 08:44 - Apr 2 with 1045 viewsyesjohn99

What a player, what a captain.

Where are we with his bookings/suspension situation?

Anyway near a cut off where he gets free from previous yellows?
Sir Samuel Morsy. on 08:50 - Apr 2 with 1010 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

I think 2 more yellows and he misses 3 games. If we do end up in playoffs, should he get his 2nd booking in the last match v Huddersfield, he would miss both play off semis and the final. Not good. However, when actually in the play-offs, then bookings again start from zero.

That's my understanding. Fingers crossed that unfortunate set of circumstances don't happen!
[Post edited 2 Apr 8:52]
Sir Samuel Morsy. on 08:52 - Apr 2 with 992 viewsyesjohn99

Sir Samuel Morsy. on 08:50 - Apr 2 by muhrensleftfoot

I think 2 more yellows and he misses 3 games. If we do end up in playoffs, should he get his 2nd booking in the last match v Huddersfield, he would miss both play off semis and the final. Not good. However, when actually in the play-offs, then bookings again start from zero.

That's my understanding. Fingers crossed that unfortunate set of circumstances don't happen!

Thanks mate.

Yes, share your thoughts. He is capable of it. What a miss he would be for the play offs (if we need them dare I say).
Sir Samuel Morsy. on 08:55 - Apr 2 with 963 viewsMetal_Hacker

Reminded myself this morning ref the winning goal

He rode a tackle on the half way line when a lot of others would’ve taken the foul to ge the free kick to launch it into their box but NOPE …Morsy found Leif on the left hand side and the rest is history

Been supporting this club for 45+ years and I’ve seen some greats pass through the doors but this guy ….he’s simply incredible and will go down in history as one of the club’s best ever captains and driving forces

Incredible considering he’s been fasting

Poll: If it were one or the other

Sir Samuel Morsy. on 09:02 - Apr 2 with 900 viewsZx1988

Sir Samuel Morsy. on 08:50 - Apr 2 by muhrensleftfoot

Since his two-game suspension following his tenth yellow card, he's picked up three yellow cards across twelve games. If he keeps up the average of one every four games, we should be fine.

Similarly, he went through the whole of March without picking up a booking, so he's definitely more than capable.

My reckoning is that if he avoids a booking on Saturday, he should be fine for the rest of the season.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sir Samuel Morsy. on 09:04 - Apr 2 with 863 viewstractorboy1978

Sir Samuel Morsy. on 08:55 - Apr 2 by Metal_Hacker

He rode a tackle on the half way line when a lot of others would’ve taken the foul to ge the free kick to launch it into their box but NOPE …Morsy found Leif on the left hand side and the rest is history

Been supporting this club for 45+ years and I’ve seen some greats pass through the doors but this guy ….he’s simply incredible and will go down in history as one of the club’s best ever captains and driving forces

And people mocked Paul Cook for saying 'you won't get a performance like that with Sam Morsy in the team'.
Sir Samuel Morsy. on 09:09 - Apr 2 with 830 viewsRobTheMonk

He not only rode the tackle, he was so powerful that the other guy fell over. The pass to Davis was a Scholes like pass with a bit of backspin on it too. This in the 97th minute.

I think I might try to clip the final minute of Blackburn later this evening when Morsy went on a possessed one-man press as he could see the rest of the team were struggling.

He steps up time and time again.

I also seem to remember he was crucial in getting the team together and gelled after the demolition and rebuild from Paul Cook's time.

I'm running out of praise for the man, but then he does something else that makes me love him even more.
Sir Samuel Morsy. on 09:14 - Apr 2 with 764 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sir Samuel Morsy. on 09:09 - Apr 2 by RobTheMonk

He not only rode the tackle, he was so powerful that the other guy fell over. The pass to Davis was a Scholes like pass with a bit of backspin on it too. This in the 97th minute.

I think I might try to clip the final minute of Blackburn later this evening when Morsy went on a possessed one-man press as he could see the rest of the team were struggling.

He steps up time and time again.

I also seem to remember he was crucial in getting the team together and gelled after the demolition and rebuild from Paul Cook's time.

I'm running out of praise for the man, but then he does something else that makes me love him even more.

He really is something else and I can’t think but also under rated by those in the game and the generic football fan . I didn’t get the hype really until we got him ..not it’s plain to see

A proper Warrior , he really is

Poll: If it were one or the other

Sir Samuel Morsy. on 09:19 - Apr 2 with 732 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He is an absolute club legend. Drags the team through games at times and last night was one of those. As an individual contributor he is well up there in terms of our most impactful players in my time watching town (since early 90s). He’s going to miss 3x games though isn’t he!
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Samuel Morsy. on 09:48 - Apr 2 with 631 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Sir Samuel Morsy. on 09:04 - Apr 2 by tractorboy1978

And people mocked Paul Cook for saying 'you won't get a performance like that with Sam Morsy in the team'.

Yes - Cook signed some very good players (and some not so good too), but fair play to him, how he managed to persuade Middlesborough (I believe Neil Warnock was their manager at the time) to let us have him, and then to persuade Sam to drop a division is amazing.
Sir Samuel Morsy. on 10:07 - Apr 2 with 569 viewsRyorry

His assist for our first goal was absolutely superb too - pinpoint precision pass cross-field to Leif.

His leadership, drive, passion and technical ability remind me of Magic, which is really saying something.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FYI: His name is Samy. (n/t) on 10:25 - Apr 2 with 503 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024