Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cmon Fabio 21:43 - Mar 31 with 2327 viewssmithy69

Get the win and set up a huge night of boxing at Portman Road

Can hear the Ipswich songs being sang in the crowd
Cmon Fabio on 21:50 - Mar 31 with 1993 viewsNIblue

Let’s go big man, tough fight
Cmon Fabio on 22:36 - Mar 31 with 1876 viewsScuzzer

Ouch. This is gruesome.

Established 1968

Cmon Fabio on 22:41 - Mar 31 with 1852 viewsPlums

Cmon Fabio on 22:36 - Mar 31 by Scuzzer

Ouch. This is gruesome.

Wow, what a fight. Brave, brave lad.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Cmon Fabio on 22:43 - Mar 31 with 1836 viewsZx1988

I know nothing about boxing, so do forgive a potentially stupid question.

How come there's absolutely no live mention of it on the BBC? Are rights to boxing so tightly guarded that the Beeb isn't even allowed a basic live text or round-by-round summary?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Cmon Fabio on 22:48 - Mar 31 with 1734 viewsJrm_72

Cmon Fabio on 22:43 - Mar 31 by Zx1988

How come there's absolutely no live mention of it on the BBC? Are rights to boxing so tightly guarded that the Beeb isn't even allowed a basic live text or round-by-round summary?

It will be the BBC cba/don't want to staff a journo to cover it live. They will do a report in the morning I imagine.

Their boxing coverage is proper ropey and underesourced
Cmon Fabio on 22:49 - Mar 31 with 1698 viewsBasuco

That was incredible, haven't seen a boxing bout for a long time, but bloody hell that was one hell of a fight. Fabio was completely out at the end but produced a great combination at the very end.
Cmon Fabio on 22:49 - Mar 31 with 1693 viewsZx1988

Cmon Fabio on 22:48 - Mar 31 by Jrm_72

It will be the BBC cba/don't want to staff a journo to cover it live. They will do a report in the morning I imagine.

Their boxing coverage is proper ropey and underesourced

Has the ITFC link through Fabio potentially led me to believe that it's a bigger fight than it actually is, in the grand scheme of things? Or is it still a pretty big deal regardless?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Cmon Fabio on 22:51 - Mar 31 with 1655 viewsBasuco

My guess is that the BBC don't get a sniff of a remotely decent fight, so why would they cover it?
Login to get fewer ads

Cmon Fabio on 22:51 - Mar 31 with 1644 viewsSitfcB

Cmon Fabio on 22:49 - Mar 31 by Zx1988

Has the ITFC link through Fabio potentially led me to believe that it's a bigger fight than it actually is, in the grand scheme of things? Or is it still a pretty big deal regardless?

I think it was a pretty big fight, Sky got all their main presenters on duty and it was on main event prime time etc.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cmon Fabio on 22:53 - Mar 31 with 1613 viewsWarkysgonnagetyou

Thats a proper heavyweight fight, nothing left in the tank, really thought Fabio was going to finish it at one point but not sure he could see where he was punching with all that blood and the stollen eye.
Cmon Fabio on 22:53 - Mar 31 with 1607 viewsJrm_72

It was a hell of a domestic level scrap, Fabio was so brave, and I can see a rematch at FPR doing very good numbers.

Will either be world champion though, no.
Cmon Fabio on 22:58 - Mar 31 with 1475 viewsNthQldITFC

Cmon Fabio on 22:53 - Mar 31 by Warkysgonnagetyou

Thats a proper heavyweight fight, nothing left in the tank, really thought Fabio was going to finish it at one point but not sure he could see where he was punching with all that blood and the stollen eye.

Needed to get the sponge on that stollen eye. Proper battenburged.

Not really the place for cake puns - I only saw round 6 onwards, but that was brutal, if a bit wild, and kudos to both fighters for what was a really fast heavyweight fight. No wonder Clarke was too knackered to get to his stool at the end.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Cmon Fabio on 22:58 - Mar 31 with 1465 viewsNIblue

Cmon Fabio on 22:53 - Mar 31 by Jrm_72

It was a hell of a domestic level scrap, Fabio was so brave, and I can see a rematch at FPR doing very good numbers.

Will either be world champion though, no.

There’s a good chance Fabio fought half that fight with a broken nose, so to come out of it with a draw is a credit to him. Massive respect
Cmon Fabio on 22:59 - Mar 31 with 1452 viewsjoepublic

Huge respect to Fabio.
Such tremendous heart to come through that titanic fight!

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Cmon Fabio on 23:00 - Mar 31 with 1400 viewsScuzzer

Because the BBC are rubbish at everything now.

Established 1968

Cmon Fabio on 23:04 - Mar 31 with 1331 viewsJrm_72

Cmon Fabio on 22:58 - Mar 31 by NIblue

There’s a good chance Fabio fought half that fight with a broken nose, so to come out of it with a draw is a credit to him. Massive respect

Absolute warrior. Pretty sure it was first round. Is so difficult to deal with in boxing too - super painful getting hit there again once broken, makes your eyes water so cant see, swallowing blood, have to breathe through mouth, just horrible.

Need a poster up of his face in the town dressing room, as he blooming sprinted towards adversity there.
Cmon Fabio on 23:06 - Mar 31 with 1300 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cmon Fabio on 23:04 - Mar 31 by Jrm_72

Absolute warrior. Pretty sure it was first round. Is so difficult to deal with in boxing too - super painful getting hit there again once broken, makes your eyes water so cant see, swallowing blood, have to breathe through mouth, just horrible.

Need a poster up of his face in the town dressing room, as he blooming sprinted towards adversity there.

Shades (and I do mean shades as he was in a different class) of Ricky Hatton there. That man used to battle through some horrific cuts and still put his opponent on the floor.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cmon Fabio on 23:08 - Mar 31 with 1273 viewsSitfcB

Clarke was saved by the bell when he got knocked down.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cmon Fabio on 23:09 - Mar 31 with 1252 viewsLowroadBlue

Blood and guts from Fabio
Heart of a lion
Cmon Fabio on 23:12 - Mar 31 with 1218 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cmon Fabio on 23:08 - Mar 31 by SitfcB

And he got rocked on his feet right at the end of the 10th I think. The bell saved him but also Fab often would need to step back to compose due to vision issues or would miss with a follow up. Considering his face looked smashed in from the first round, it was a hell of an effort.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cmon Fabio on 23:19 - Mar 31 with 1150 viewsNthQldITFC

Just looking at his interview with Mark Heath from last week, he obviously went into that fight with an already damaged nose? Once that was bleeding tonight and affecting his breathing that must have been quite a disadvantage throughout.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Cmon Fabio on 23:47 - Mar 31 with 1000 viewsWallingford_Boy

Why would anyone ever look at BBC for sports coverage?!

Genuine question.

RIP Sir Bobby

Cmon Fabio on 00:25 - Apr 1 with 876 viewsArnoldMoorhen

It was the Commonwealth and British Belts on the line.

So a tier down from the likes of Fury, Usyk, Wilder and Joshua.

But looking for promotion to the big League.

So his career is kind of parallel to ITFC at the moment.
Cmon Fabio on 00:44 - Apr 1 with 854 viewsstonojnr

Cmon Fabio on 22:51 - Mar 31 by SitfcB

I think it was a pretty big fight, Sky got all their main presenters on duty and it was on main event prime time etc.

Id assumed it was Box Office or Sports only, so was surprised to see it was on SkyShowcase as well.
Cmon Fabio on 07:27 - Apr 1 with 677 viewsBuhrer

Cmon Fabio on 23:08 - Mar 31 by SitfcB

And spitting his mouth guard repeatedly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024