Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haaland 20:06 - Mar 31 with 4175 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's actually quite rubbish isn't he.

I mean. Sure as a scorer he's rather excellent

But as an actual footballer he's quite pants.
[Post edited 31 Mar 20:06]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Haaland on 16:04 - Apr 1 with 535 viewsWeWereZombies

Haaland on 15:54 - Apr 1 by HalifaxBlue

He absolutely is. You don't need the ball to affect the game. He makes space for his teammates to play in literally just by being on the field. The combination of movement, pace, and power mean you just can't leave spaces/step out like you could with basically any other striker.

Or as Terry Butcher related when explaining one of Bobby Robson's golden rules:

Space > Man > Ball

Also one of Mel Brooks' many 'middling' films...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Haaland on 16:06 - Apr 1 with 525 viewspointofblue

Haaland on 16:00 - Apr 1 by MK1

His influence is the fact he is on the pitch. Defenders are terrified of him. Where he goes, 2 defenders go with him. This creates space and chances for others. Football isn't all about what you do on the ball, but also what you do off of it. Haaland is valued at what he is for a reason. Any side in the world would happily have him in their side. Calling Haaland rubbish and pants is just stupid. Like I said to Frimmers, it wouldn't matter who posted this, my response would be the same.

That's fair to a degree, but surely defenders double up on Kane too? Or Salah? Or Son? And yet they manage to assist and create as well.

Admittedly, Haaland does provide in a different way, off the ball, and that means he doesn't stand out when it comes to chance creation in the same way.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Haaland on 16:09 - Apr 1 with 519 viewsFrimleyBlue

Haaland on 15:53 - Apr 1 by MK1

You called a player valued at £150M pants and rubbish.
Forgive me for not agreeing with you.
I wasn't talking to you when I posted my response, but the poster accusing me of bullying.
I have no beef with you or any other poster, but to call Haaland rubbish and pants is just laughable. It wouldn't matter who posted it, my response would have been the same.

I did and as accepted I phrased it wrong

As I've added already I was specifically referring to overall ability with the ball when it's not sticking it in the back of the net. I totally agree he's the best or one of the best at doing so. I also get when others says he makes defenders think. Of course he would as he's dangerous in the box.

But give him the ball and tell him to pass it. Move with it or even hold it up and he's quite average. That's not taking anything away from what we know he's good at. Just when you look at the technical ability of a player and the usual technical ability of a prem or world class player, he's pretty poor in those areas.

So yes I get why you disagree with me and I would based in my OP, it's crp.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Haaland on 17:18 - Apr 1 with 480 viewsibbleobble

Haaland on 13:38 - Apr 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Good to see lots of people playing the poster rather than the post, as usual

It’s obvious what the OP is getting at and they aren’t really wrong either

😂 - what’s that then? Not sure many people on here really understand so if you do, the floor is yours.
Haaland on 08:26 - Apr 3 with 416 viewsNeedhamChris

Haaland on 13:38 - Apr 1 by pointofblue

Maybe the ball should be played rather than the man. The whole situation happened before because he was called out in person rather than the subject matter.

I understand why people may disagree with the OP but I also understand the point being made.

Now people can play both Frimley and Roy Keane instead of the ball...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68714608

I don't agree with the hyperbole, but I do think there is an element of truth to this and to get the best out of Haaland you have to play to his limited (but massively important and high quality) strengths. It's just a glorified version of the Jordan Rhodes debate that many have had over the years.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Haaland on 09:04 - Apr 3 with 394 viewsWeWereZombies

Haaland on 08:26 - Apr 3 by NeedhamChris

Now people can play both Frimley and Roy Keane instead of the ball...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68714608

I don't agree with the hyperbole, but I do think there is an element of truth to this and to get the best out of Haaland you have to play to his limited (but massively important and high quality) strengths. It's just a glorified version of the Jordan Rhodes debate that many have had over the years.

See also Connor Wickham, Peter Crouch, JImmy Greaves, Jeff Astle etc. etc. Be interesting to hear if Roy Keane and Frimmers also think that goalkeepers are not proper footballers because we never see them linking in midfield, tracking back, challenging for the ball - oh, hang on a sec, Hladky does do some of those as well.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Haaland on 09:12 - Apr 3 with 376 viewsNeedhamChris

Haaland on 09:04 - Apr 3 by WeWereZombies

See also Connor Wickham, Peter Crouch, JImmy Greaves, Jeff Astle etc. etc. Be interesting to hear if Roy Keane and Frimmers also think that goalkeepers are not proper footballers because we never see them linking in midfield, tracking back, challenging for the ball - oh, hang on a sec, Hladky does do some of those as well.

Goalkeepers are an interesting one, that feels like it can often go the other way where their ability in other areas is celebrated more than the basics.

Take Bazunu Monday night, he looked tidy enough on the ball and impressive in that sense, but we could have played on all night and I'm not convinced he'd have managed to make a save...

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024