Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haaland 20:06 - Mar 31 with 4174 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's actually quite rubbish isn't he.

I mean. Sure as a scorer he's rather excellent

But as an actual footballer he's quite pants.
[Post edited 31 Mar 20:06]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Haaland on 23:51 - Mar 31 with 955 viewsChorleyBoy

When you factor in his hairstyles, he's rubbish.
Haaland on 10:57 - Apr 1 with 841 viewsStewart27

He’s an absolute world class number 9.

Not sure there’s anything more to add.

If you take away Van Dink’s defensive capabilities he’s pretty limited.
Haaland on 11:17 - Apr 1 with 822 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Not every footballer can be John Wark.

Haaland has some of his attributes, and makes a tidy living out of them, but he'll never be able to adjust to Central Defence in his late 30s.
Haaland on 11:33 - Apr 1 with 810 viewsITFCson

Haaland on 20:34 - Mar 31 by FrimleyBlue

Wouldn't we all.

I just never noticed how limited he was as a player before.

Maybe he just had a bad game? Or you’ve been listening too much to Roy Keane. No club in the world would not have him in their team.
Haaland on 11:37 - Apr 1 with 789 viewsNeedhamChris

Phil and Gav now desperately checking that Alf-Inge Haaland isn't signed up to the board...

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Haaland on 11:40 - Apr 1 with 779 viewsMK1

Haaland on 11:37 - Apr 1 by NeedhamChris

Phil and Gav now desperately checking that Alf-Inge Haaland isn't signed up to the board...

Or his Dad.
Haaland on 11:59 - Apr 1 with 742 viewsNeedhamChris

Haaland on 11:40 - Apr 1 by MK1

Or his Dad.

Erm, am I going to get whooshed here or are you having a moment?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Haaland on 12:06 - Apr 1 with 736 viewsMK1

Haaland on 11:59 - Apr 1 by NeedhamChris

Erm, am I going to get whooshed here or are you having a moment?

Erling Haaland's Grandad was a hell of a footballer.

Login to get fewer ads

Haaland on 12:08 - Apr 1 with 728 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Both Frimmers and Roy Keane forgot it was a leap year and that April Fools' finishes at 12.00 when they decided to comment on this.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Haaland on 12:26 - Apr 1 with 697 viewsitfcsuth

I don’t think his general play his high level, I had this argument with somebody last season when I said this, and said it’s why I think Harry Kane is a better number 9, his general play is far better than Haaland.

Having said that, to say he’s rubbish is ridiculous, he’s a predator, a natural goal scorer, who needs to move away from Man City.

The style does not gel with his game one bit.
Haaland on 12:30 - Apr 1 with 683 viewspointofblue

I think I agree with the OP. As a goalscorer he is elite - a superb footballer. But he doesn't have any other strings to his bow so when he isn't scoring he isn't providing much to the team.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Haaland on 12:39 - Apr 1 with 668 viewsWeWereZombies

Haaland on 11:17 - Apr 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

Not every footballer can be John Wark.

Haaland has some of his attributes, and makes a tidy living out of them, but he'll never be able to adjust to Central Defence in his late 30s.

But what if he loses some of his pace at, say, 28 and the manager wherever he is playing coaches him into central defence then ? He has the physical presence and attitude to be a very decent centre back I reckon.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Haaland on 12:39 - Apr 1 with 667 viewsRadlett_blue

Haaland on 20:08 - Mar 31 by homer_123

He's no Connor Salmon.

This beauty at Wigan - Sammon's only Town goal in 19 appearnaces - kind of summed him up.
He started for Derby against Town the season before, but was withdrawn at h/t with Derby 1-4 down, in the game they came back to draw 4-4.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Haaland on 12:54 - Apr 1 with 649 viewsStu_Magoo

*Guess who's back? Back again. Frimley's back, tell a friend"
Haaland on 13:31 - Apr 1 with 627 viewsMK1

Haaland on 12:54 - Apr 1 by Stu_Magoo

*Guess who's back? Back again. Frimley's back, tell a friend"

Said he needed time away to get his head straight.
I suggest he came back a little bit to soon.
Haaland on 13:38 - Apr 1 with 612 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Good to see lots of people playing the poster rather than the post, as usual

It’s obvious what the OP is getting at and they aren’t really wrong either

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Haaland on 13:38 - Apr 1 with 607 viewspointofblue

Haaland on 13:31 - Apr 1 by MK1

Said he needed time away to get his head straight.
I suggest he came back a little bit to soon.

Maybe the ball should be played rather than the man. The whole situation happened before because he was called out in person rather than the subject matter.

I understand why people may disagree with the OP but I also understand the point being made.

Haaland on 15:21 - Apr 1 with 573 viewsVaughan8

Sometimes the misses he does makes him look like he's never played football before.

However, he's not going to be a ronaldo/messi/Henry type player.

He is an exceptional scorer and that's the most valuable thing in a striker. Also sometimes he's unplayable with his strength and power
Haaland on 15:40 - Apr 1 with 545 viewsMK1

Haaland on 13:38 - Apr 1 by pointofblue

Maybe the ball should be played rather than the man. The whole situation happened before because he was called out in person rather than the subject matter.

I understand why people may disagree with the OP but I also understand the point being made.

You mean that the Op is right in saying a player Real Madrid would happily pay £150M for, isn't much of a footballer?
I never play the player, always the ball. I think if you look back over the Op's posts you will find that it is he who tends to play the player and not the ball. Once he get's down on a player, no matter what that player does, he will double down on him, but yeah, if you want to accuse me of bullying Frimmers, you carry on my old fruit.
Haaland on 15:48 - Apr 1 with 530 viewsFrimleyBlue

Haaland on 15:40 - Apr 1 by MK1

You mean that the Op is right in saying a player Real Madrid would happily pay £150M for, isn't much of a footballer?
I never play the player, always the ball. I think if you look back over the Op's posts you will find that it is he who tends to play the player and not the ball. Once he get's down on a player, no matter what that player does, he will double down on him, but yeah, if you want to accuse me of bullying Frimmers, you carry on my old fruit.

MK

I ask you to notice how no-one has referred back to the psst since my return. It's been great for the forum and has made posting easier and nicer as I'm not finding myself in situations where I feel like I had to try and defend myself. ( albeit defending posts which were stupidly made by myself)

I have accepted my OP Is not phrased well. Some can see what I meant but I accept its poor phrasing.

I do not wish to respond to your comments about my previous posting. However I can only ask you review my posts within this thread against the title post which was solely about the overall ability of a player over just the task of scoring. I completely get why such an act is important and of course its why he is such a highly wanted player.

I shall end it here.
[Post edited 1 Apr 15:50]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Haaland on 15:50 - Apr 1 with 526 viewsHalifaxBlue

Haaland on 20:45 - Mar 31 by FrimleyBlue

I was just referencing his seeming inability to effect anything going on when it's not finishing a chance.
Footwork with the ball is limited. Hold up play not that great and trips over the ball a fair bit and header wise isn't that great man to man. Passing is hit and miss etc.

As I say it's just an observation. If I'm wrong it's OK. I don't watch him specifically week in week out today and recent games may just have been a few sub par performances on the above areas that I've mentioned.

Haaland affects the game massively when he is not on the ball. His speed and strength drop the oppo backline out of pure fear. He alone can pin a defence in a way many strike partnerships couldn't. He could get 0 touches in a game and still have a huge influence just based on the space he makes for teammates.

Finishing a chance is football by the way. This take is . He's probably the best pure striker of his generation and you just called him "quite rubbish" hahaha.
[Post edited 1 Apr 15:51]

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Haaland on 15:50 - Apr 1 with 526 viewspointofblue

Haaland on 15:40 - Apr 1 by MK1

He's a fantastic scorer, but I can understand why some would say he isn't a fantastic player. When compared to the likes of Kane, Salah, Son, even Alvarez at City, who provide and create. If Haaland doesn't score, he doesn't do much else.

Would any team in the world want him? Yes, because of his scoring rate, not because of his all round talent.

As usual (playing the man slightly here) Frimmers went in two footed without much nuance but I understand what he meant. I don't think you were bullying Frimmers; my apologies if it came across that way. Just it might make for a better thread to answer the point rather than digging at who made the OP. I appreciate you're not the only one to do this.

Haaland on 15:53 - Apr 1 with 519 viewsMK1

Haaland on 15:48 - Apr 1 by FrimleyBlue

MK

I ask you to notice how no-one has referred back to the psst since my return. It's been great for the forum and has made posting easier and nicer as I'm not finding myself in situations where I feel like I had to try and defend myself. ( albeit defending posts which were stupidly made by myself)

I have accepted my OP Is not phrased well. Some can see what I meant but I accept its poor phrasing.

I do not wish to respond to your comments about my previous posting. However I can only ask you review my posts within this thread against the title post which was solely about the overall ability of a player over just the task of scoring. I completely get why such an act is important and of course its why he is such a highly wanted player.

I shall end it here.
[Post edited 1 Apr 15:50]

You called a player valued at £150M pants and rubbish.
Forgive me for not agreeing with you.
I wasn't talking to you when I posted my response, but the poster accusing me of bullying.
I have no beef with you or any other poster, but to call Haaland rubbish and pants is just laughable. It wouldn't matter who posted it, my response would have been the same.
Haaland on 15:54 - Apr 1 with 518 viewsHalifaxBlue

Haaland on 12:30 - Apr 1 by pointofblue

I think I agree with the OP. As a goalscorer he is elite - a superb footballer. But he doesn't have any other strings to his bow so when he isn't scoring he isn't providing much to the team.

He absolutely is. You don't need the ball to affect the game. He makes space for his teammates to play in literally just by being on the field. The combination of movement, pace, and power mean you just can't leave spaces/step out like you could with basically any other striker.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Haaland on 16:00 - Apr 1 with 509 viewsMK1

Haaland on 15:50 - Apr 1 by pointofblue

He's a fantastic scorer, but I can understand why some would say he isn't a fantastic player. When compared to the likes of Kane, Salah, Son, even Alvarez at City, who provide and create. If Haaland doesn't score, he doesn't do much else.

Would any team in the world want him? Yes, because of his scoring rate, not because of his all round talent.

As usual (playing the man slightly here) Frimmers went in two footed without much nuance but I understand what he meant. I don't think you were bullying Frimmers; my apologies if it came across that way. Just it might make for a better thread to answer the point rather than digging at who made the OP. I appreciate you're not the only one to do this.

His influence is the fact he is on the pitch. Defenders are terrified of him. Where he goes, 2 defenders go with him. This creates space and chances for others. Football isn't all about what you do on the ball, but also what you do off of it. Haaland is valued at what he is for a reason. Any side in the world would happily have him in their side. Calling Haaland rubbish and pants is just stupid. Like I said to Frimmers, it wouldn't matter who posted this, my response would be the same.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024