Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tories taking on the big issues again 15:10 - Mar 27 with 2281 viewsElderGrizzly

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:21 - Mar 27 with 1620 viewsmutters

Looks like he's a local MP trying to help at a grass root level. Probably raise by a local constituent.

There are plenty of reasons to bash the conservatives, but this feels a bit of a reach to berate him for this?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:29 - Mar 27 with 1591 viewsjontysnut

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:21 - Mar 27 by mutters

Looks like he's a local MP trying to help at a grass root level. Probably raise by a local constituent.

There are plenty of reasons to bash the conservatives, but this feels a bit of a reach to berate him for this?

George Galloway told the people of Rochdale they'd get a new Primark if he was elected.
Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:38 - Mar 27 with 1558 viewsZx1988

Looks very similar to the sorts of 'grassroots' petitions that are being run by a few Tory MPs at the moment and, upon closer inspection, appear to be data-gathering exercises aimed at profiling the electorate, and gaining consent to bombard you with targeted campaigns in the run-up to the election.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:39 - Mar 27 with 1554 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:29 - Mar 27 by jontysnut

George Galloway told the people of Rochdale they'd get a new Primark if he was elected.

Rochdale has a street named 'Uncouth Street'. I wonder whether the name affects house prices...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:40 - Mar 27 with 1546 viewsbaxterbasics

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:29 - Mar 27 by jontysnut

Is that a new Primark for Rochdale, or for Palestine? Like George, I tend to forget who he actually represents.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:01 - Mar 27 with 1479 viewsHerbivore

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:40 - Mar 27 by baxterbasics

Is that a new Primark for Rochdale, or for Palestine? Like George, I tend to forget who he actually represents.

George Galloway represents George Galloway.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:28 - Mar 27 with 1405 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:01 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

He is the Primark of politics.
Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:35 - Mar 27 with 1391 viewsBlueschev

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:38 - Mar 27 by Zx1988

Looks very similar to the sorts of 'grassroots' petitions that are being run by a few Tory MPs at the moment and, upon closer inspection, appear to be data-gathering exercises aimed at profiling the electorate, and gaining consent to bombard you with targeted campaigns in the run-up to the election.

I used to live in Uxbridge and there's a chip shop on Uxbridge Road, walking distance from the centre, and the one he mentions in Cowley is another 5 minutes walk up the road.
Login to get fewer ads

Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:37 - Mar 27 with 1387 viewsKeno

in a way you have to feel sorry for the Tory MPs, they just know come the election they are going to get battered

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:44 - Mar 27 with 1365 viewsredrickstuhaart

Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:37 - Mar 27 by Keno

in a way you have to feel sorry for the Tory MPs, they just know come the election they are going to get battered

Not remotely.

Anyone with integrity would have resigned from the party several years ago and tried to serve their constituents independently.

They have frittered away all trust.
[Post edited 27 Mar 17:14]
Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:45 - Mar 27 with 1360 viewsPhilTWTD

Tuckwell is the ideal Billy Bunterish name for an MP running such a campaign.
Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:58 - Mar 27 with 1303 viewsnoggin

They will soon know their plaice.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:10 - Mar 27 with 1266 viewsNedPlimpton

What good would a campaign do? Surely if someone thought it was a worthwhile enterprise then they'd open one? Or can we get whatever shops/takeaway we want through campaigning now?

Quite fancy a whisky bar/record store at the end of my street. Maybe I'll start campaign for one
Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:17 - Mar 27 with 1260 viewsBlueBadger

Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:28 - Mar 27 by SuperKieranMcKenna

He is the Primark of politics.

Unfair to compare a purveyor of cheap nasty rubbish that falls apart at the slightest piece of inspection preying upon the low waged with the discount clothing chain Primark.
[Post edited 27 Mar 17:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:20 - Mar 27 with 1228 viewslowhouseblue

Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:01 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:27 - Mar 27 with 1194 viewsRadlett_blue

Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:35 - Mar 27 by Blueschev

I used to live in Uxbridge and there's a chip shop on Uxbridge Road, walking distance from the centre, and the one he mentions in Cowley is another 5 minutes walk up the road.

Does a guy work there who swears he's Elvis?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:32 - Mar 27 with 1176 viewsKeno

Tories taking on the big issues again on 16:58 - Mar 27 by noggin

They will soon know their plaice.

I think they know they have haddock

Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:38 - Mar 27 with 1162 viewsbluelagos

For cods sake

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:40 - Mar 27 with 1144 viewsKeno

Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:38 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

For cods sake

hes got religion and going to the local orthodox pescatarian church, he been prawn again

Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:44 - Mar 27 with 1142 viewsTresBonne

Have I gone mad or is this just the most obvious data harvesting ever?!

Could call it Phish and Chips..?
[Post edited 27 Mar 17:44]
Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:47 - Mar 27 with 1125 viewsHorsham

Having previously opposed a planning application for a fish and chip shop in the centre of Uxbridge too. Fancy that.
Tories taking on the big issues again on 18:24 - Mar 27 with 1007 viewsPlums

Do you think he knows fish are usually brought to these shores by boats?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Tories taking on the big issues again on 18:29 - Mar 27 with 991 viewsBlueBadger

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:39 - Mar 27 by Tangledupin_Blue

Rochdale has a street named 'Uncouth Street'. I wonder whether the name affects house prices...

Not nearly as much as the name 'Rochdale' does.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tories taking on the big issues again on 18:32 - Mar 27 with 987 viewsjayessess

Tories taking on the big issues again on 17:10 - Mar 27 by NedPlimpton

What good would a campaign do? Surely if someone thought it was a worthwhile enterprise then they'd open one? Or can we get whatever shops/takeaway we want through campaigning now?

Quite fancy a whisky bar/record store at the end of my street. Maybe I'll start campaign for one

It is a bit of an odd one, especially for a Conservative, who you would presume is a free marketeer by ideology. What's the government got to do with locating Fish and Chip Shops?

Does fit with a theory that I've had for a while now, that actually at least some of the "decline" that people discern in their local area is often just the changing economics/logistics of retail shopping.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Tories taking on the big issues again on 18:33 - Mar 27 with 985 viewsbazza

Tories taking on the big issues again on 15:39 - Mar 27 by Tangledupin_Blue

Has the street got a cat? .. George can help with that if not..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024