Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) 21:08 - Mar 26 with 2037 viewsWoolfenthen

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 21:12 - Mar 26 with 2016 viewsbadadski

He’s been quality -!like the look of this midfield - Bellingham - mainoo - rice and foden floating
Bowen and Tony have looked good - although we are losing have rather enjoyed the game
Southgate will probably.... on 21:17 - Mar 26 with 1994 viewsBloots

...pick Henderson ahead of Bellingham.

He's clueless.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 21:24 - Mar 26 with 1965 viewsbazza

To be fair, I know we are losing, but we have actually looked very good at times, and a lot of injuries, everyone fit for the euros and we should actually win it.
If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 21:33 - Mar 26 with 1903 viewsChrisd

You know it’s happening 100%!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 21:39 - Mar 26 with 1859 viewsredrickstuhaart

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 21:33 - Mar 26 by Chrisd

You know it’s happening 100%!

Calvin Phillips has already packed his bags.
If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 22:03 - Mar 26 with 1776 viewsReus30

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 21:39 - Mar 26 by redrickstuhaart

Calvin Phillips has already packed his bags.

He any good? Never heard of him before...
If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 22:04 - Mar 26 with 1767 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Calm down dear.

That's one hell of a pre-emptive strop.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 00:26 - Mar 27 with 1560 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Huge difference between a pointless friendly vs Belgium and throwing in a kid in to the starting 11 of a European championship when he hasn't even played 25 pro games.

He is a huge talent but I imagine that would be a bridge too far. Think Curtis Jones if he is fit is the best stylistic choice but think we will see Conor Gallagher there. Which im ok with. Good player.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 09:23 - Mar 27 with 1227 viewstonybied

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 00:26 - Mar 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

Huge difference between a pointless friendly vs Belgium and throwing in a kid in to the starting 11 of a European championship when he hasn't even played 25 pro games.

He is a huge talent but I imagine that would be a bridge too far. Think Curtis Jones if he is fit is the best stylistic choice but think we will see Conor Gallagher there. Which im ok with. Good player.

Was anyone suggesting that he should be a nailed-on starter?

I think it only makes sense to have him in the squad, even if he gets barely any minutes in the tournament. At the moment, he certainly looks to be the future of our midfield (alongside Bellingham), the experience of an international tournament and all that goes with that will only be beneficial to him and the team.
If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 13:29 - Mar 27 with 1064 viewshoppy

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 09:23 - Mar 27 by tonybied

Was anyone suggesting that he should be a nailed-on starter?

I think it only makes sense to have him in the squad, even if he gets barely any minutes in the tournament. At the moment, he certainly looks to be the future of our midfield (alongside Bellingham), the experience of an international tournament and all that goes with that will only be beneficial to him and the team.

There was a similar decision made a few years ago about Theo Walcott being included in the tournament squad.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 14:40 - Mar 27 with 979 viewsKeno

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 21:12 - Mar 26 by badadski

He’s been quality -!like the look of this midfield - Bellingham - mainoo - rice and foden floating
Bowen and Tony have looked good - although we are losing have rather enjoyed the game

foden-floating

arent some of these double barrel names getting silly now

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 15:27 - Mar 27 with 925 viewstonybied

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 13:29 - Mar 27 by hoppy

There was a similar decision made a few years ago about Theo Walcott being included in the tournament squad.

Indeed there was and that's why I stated "At the moment". Any young player can fail to reach their potential but that doesn't mean we shouldn't involve them in the here and now. The only real negative that could come from it is complacency from Mainoo thinking "he's made it" and not really pushing himself.
If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 15:33 - Mar 27 with 906 viewshoppy

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 15:27 - Mar 27 by tonybied

Indeed there was and that's why I stated "At the moment". Any young player can fail to reach their potential but that doesn't mean we shouldn't involve them in the here and now. The only real negative that could come from it is complacency from Mainoo thinking "he's made it" and not really pushing himself.

Yes, I was agreeing with you... good to integrate the potential, and see that as a positive rather than a 'waste of a place'.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 17:02 - Mar 27 with 826 viewstonybied

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 15:33 - Mar 27 by hoppy

Yes, I was agreeing with you... good to integrate the potential, and see that as a positive rather than a 'waste of a place'.

Sorry, I thought the mention of Walcott was a counter to my comment as he never really kicked on to fulfill his potential.
If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 17:28 - Mar 27 with 797 viewsCoastalblue

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 13:29 - Mar 27 by hoppy

Did you say Richard Wright?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 18:46 - Mar 27 with 722 viewsMK1

If he picks Henderson of any English player currently playing in the top 8 divisions of any league in the world, well I give up.
If Southgate picks Henderson over Mainoo now, well I give up (n/t) on 13:24 - Mar 28 with 524 viewsVaughan8

In the squad, yes. Starting, I don't think so.

Everyone seems to be jumping on this Mainoo band wagon. He's good, but I've seen him for Man Utd and he isn't all that so lets just calm down. Definitely deserves to be in the squad over Henderson as he is the future. Though I just have a feeling Henderson is going to get in for his "character"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024