Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On reflection, sincere apologies. 20:14 - Mar 23 with 2481 viewsMattinLondon

Think the last few weeks I’ve been unnecessarily aggressive to some and given Phil etc too much unnecessary hassle to deal with. Apologies to him and I probably owe GlasgowBlue an apology as well.

Without looking for sympathy, in real life I’ve become far too shouty and needlessly confrontational which isn’t ideal for family life.

As I said, not looking for sympathy but I’m going to seek help as I’m not coping that well.

I’ll probably come off here for a little bit - see you guys ok the Premier League.
On reflection, sincere apologies. on 20:17 - Mar 23 with 2423 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I hope you can quickly get to the root of whatever is up and deal with it effectively and that you have good family and friends around you who will be very understanding. Look after yourself.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 20:22 - Mar 23 with 2397 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can’t say I’ve especially noticed you being an arse any more than usual but it has become very cliquey on here lately. Politically split of course. We’ve always had that, but it’s spread and more people are joining in playing the man and not the ball.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 20:27 - Mar 23 with 2353 viewsNthQldITFC

I haven't really noticed, but good on you for posting this and good luck with finding a helper who suits you. I'm trying to get round to doing something similar too, but I'm a buggar for putting things off and your post has also given me a bit of a nudge, so thanks.

Love to all Blues!

PS: Don't stay away too long, you're one of my favourites!
[Post edited 23 Mar 20:28]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 20:30 - Mar 23 with 2339 viewsChurchman

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 20:22 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

Can’t say I’ve especially noticed you being an arse any more than usual but it has become very cliquey on here lately. Politically split of course. We’ve always had that, but it’s spread and more people are joining in playing the man and not the ball.

Me neither.

When I get too OTT (and I don’t think you have been, btw), I tend to restrict just to football comment and even with that never after a loss when the errr, dismals appear.
[Post edited 23 Mar 20:32]
On reflection, sincere apologies. on 20:30 - Mar 23 with 2335 viewsNthsuffolkblue

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 20:27 - Mar 23 by NthQldITFC

I haven't really noticed, but good on you for posting this and good luck with finding a helper who suits you. I'm trying to get round to doing something similar too, but I'm a buggar for putting things off and your post has also given me a bit of a nudge, so thanks.

Love to all Blues!

PS: Don't stay away too long, you're one of my favourites!
[Post edited 23 Mar 20:28]

My own experiences are that it is not always easy to access help and that can vary considerably. Had some that made no difference but one that has been very helpful. Unfortunately not one that would be available to recommend but I would if they were.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 20:57 - Mar 23 with 2198 viewsKeno

I can’t say I’d noticed but Matt I hope you are ok?

Feel free to PM me or someone sensible if you need a friendly virtual shoulder

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 21:31 - Mar 23 with 2101 viewsGlasgowBlue

I appreciate the apology but it’s really not necessary. Unless you’ve been super abusive to me and I missed it 😉

The internet can bring out the worst in people at times. I’m certainly guilty of wearing my heart on my sleeve on here and it can spill over into real life. A few years ago I accused Mrs GB of Whatabouttery and trolling during a domestic. I think I put her on the div list for a day.

Anyway, you’ve noticed the signals and I hope you get things sorted out.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 22:10 - Mar 23 with 1999 viewsKeno

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 21:31 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

I appreciate the apology but it’s really not necessary. Unless you’ve been super abusive to me and I missed it 😉

The internet can bring out the worst in people at times. I’m certainly guilty of wearing my heart on my sleeve on here and it can spill over into real life. A few years ago I accused Mrs GB of Whatabouttery and trolling during a domestic. I think I put her on the div list for a day.

Anyway, you’ve noticed the signals and I hope you get things sorted out.

Has the lovely Mrs GB taken you off her div list yet?
[Post edited 23 Mar 22:23]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 22:25 - Mar 23 with 1925 viewsGlasgowBlue

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 22:10 - Mar 23 by Keno

Has the lovely Mrs GB taken you off her div list yet?
[Post edited 23 Mar 22:23]

She’s on and off as the mood takes me. I’m fed up with her trolling, whatabouterry, straw man arguments and ad hominem attacks . Added to that she won’t tell me her favourite cheese or settle the Pablo/Shefki debate. To be honest I think she’s either a budgie infiltrator or somebody else’s alt login.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 22:37 - Mar 23 with 1872 viewsgiant_stow

Haven't read everything, but can't help thinking you're being over hard on yourself there. All the best.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 08:33 - Mar 24 with 1542 viewsDJR

I've always found your posts both interesting and informative, and haven't noticed anything different in recent weeks.

I must admit, however, I have on occasions considered giving up TWTD myself because of the toxic nature of some of the interactions.

But I assume TWTD is at the mild end of the behaviour that goes on elsewhere on social media, something that, with the exception of TWTD, I don't participate in.

[Post edited 24 Mar 8:38]
On reflection, sincere apologies. on 08:48 - Mar 24 with 1488 viewsDanTheMan

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 08:33 - Mar 24 by DJR

I've always found your posts both interesting and informative, and haven't noticed anything different in recent weeks.

I must admit, however, I have on occasions considered giving up TWTD myself because of the toxic nature of some of the interactions.

But I assume TWTD is at the mild end of the behaviour that goes on elsewhere on social media, something that, with the exception of TWTD, I don't participate in.

[Post edited 24 Mar 8:38]

You're right about TWTD being about as tame as it gets. Most other places are fairly toxic.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 09:14 - Mar 24 with 1423 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 22:25 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

She’s on and off as the mood takes me. I’m fed up with her trolling, whatabouterry, straw man arguments and ad hominem attacks . Added to that she won’t tell me her favourite cheese or settle the Pablo/Shefki debate. To be honest I think she’s either a budgie infiltrator or somebody else’s alt login.

But enough of your sex life already....doesn’t she get any agency whatsoever!! Shame on you.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 09:22 - Mar 24 with 1403 viewsSwansea_Blue

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 20:30 - Mar 23 by Churchman

Me neither.

When I get too OTT (and I don’t think you have been, btw), I tend to restrict just to football comment and even with that never after a loss when the errr, dismals appear.
[Post edited 23 Mar 20:32]

Not a bad plan. I’m trying to back out of more stuff. Coming off Twitter helps, as you then realise you didn’t really have strong opinions on stuff; you mostly had other people’s strong opinions. Most of the things people argue about are either pointless or we can’t change anyway. There must be more satisfying ways to spend the time.

Uppa Town!

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 09:33 - Mar 24 with 1376 viewsWeWereZombies

This may not be the practical advice but:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 11:01 - Mar 24 with 1263 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 09:33 - Mar 24 by WeWereZombies

This may not be the practical advice but:

Nooooooo they must all.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 11:05 - Mar 24 with 1245 viewsDJR

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 11:01 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nooooooo they must all.....

This could apply to both Matt and his presence in London.

[Post edited 24 Mar 11:06]
On reflection, sincere apologies. on 13:13 - Mar 24 with 1126 viewsChurchman

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 09:22 - Mar 24 by Swansea_Blue

Not a bad plan. I’m trying to back out of more stuff. Coming off Twitter helps, as you then realise you didn’t really have strong opinions on stuff; you mostly had other people’s strong opinions. Most of the things people argue about are either pointless or we can’t change anyway. There must be more satisfying ways to spend the time.

Uppa Town!

I don’t do Twitter or other social media. I have signed up and tried most of them, but can’t be doing with them - particularly Twitter. Mrs C is always on it and shows me stuff (if I can’t avoid it 😃) and there’s nothing that incentivises me to engage with it.
On reflection, sincere apologies. on 13:30 - Mar 24 with 1079 viewspointofblue

Honestly hadn't noticed and, without meaning to sound condescending, your one of the posters who's responses I enjoy reading the most. Maybe I've missed some but, either way, from experience the only advice I can try and give is don't beat yourself out about it. There will be reasons for reacting the way you have, but now is an opportunity to grow rather than being overly harsh on yourself about what's happened before.

Think I speak for everyone that, whilst we're for the most part anonymous, we're a community and here for each other, so if you need help, a shoulder or a sounding board don't be afraid to.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 18:46 - Mar 24 with 938 viewsSwansea_Blue

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 13:13 - Mar 24 by Churchman

I don’t do Twitter or other social media. I have signed up and tried most of them, but can’t be doing with them - particularly Twitter. Mrs C is always on it and shows me stuff (if I can’t avoid it 😃) and there’s nothing that incentivises me to engage with it.

Same. Not your missus though, but mine. But they sound very similar. And now I remember they have never been spotted in the same room together… Hmmm.

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 19:08 - Mar 24 with 897 viewsMK1

Worst thing you can do now is to blame yourself and be hard on yourself. Just take a step back, try and stop taking life and all that brings so seriously. Never think you are the only one, most have problems and plates to juggle, but more often than not, things turn out ok. Seek help if needed, but just look in the mirror and be the person you want to be. You must like yourself before others can like you, so try and stop taking things so seriously, especially on the internet and hopefully life will start to come back to the ways you want them to be. Glass half full is always the best policy in my experience. Politics and religion are always good arguments to keep out of.
I wish you nothing but the best in your quest to being the person you want to be. Look forward to seeing you back on here soon. Take care and if you need someone to talk to, I and many others I am sure would be pleased to help.
On reflection, sincere apologies. on 19:50 - Mar 24 with 846 viewsChurchman

On reflection, sincere apologies. on 18:46 - Mar 24 by Swansea_Blue

Same. Not your missus though, but mine. But they sound very similar. And now I remember they have never been spotted in the same room together… Hmmm.

Scaryyyyy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024