Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random question about the club accounts 23:55 - Mar 22 with 1562 viewsFrimleyBlue

The loan notes of £345000

No idea what It means.. but erm. Why wasn't it paid off during the takeover.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Random question about the club accounts on 00:10 - Mar 23 with 1497 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No idea. Thought similar though. Unless paying it off would count against FFP?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Random question about the club accounts on 06:29 - Mar 23 with 1308 viewsiamatractorboy

I haven't seen the accounts, so this is just off the top of my head, but perhaps loans were taken out at a time when rates were extremely low, and therefore the interest is still lower than what could be obtained through lending (saving) money currently? In other words, we make a net 'profit' by having both the debt and corresponding cash surplus/investment. Hope that made sense.
Random question about the club accounts on 07:14 - Mar 23 with 1234 viewstractorboy1978

The most interesting thing in the accounts is the FFP reconcilation which shows we've got FFP losses of £20.6m for the last 3 years. £1.9m relate to 2020/21 so on a rolling cycle we have an FFP loss of £20.3m to play with this season. More comfortable than I was expecting to be honest!

Revenue of £21.7m last season. That will easily be over £30m for this season with improved TV deal, increased commercial income etc. And we've 'only' spent £4m on transfer fees - Taylor on a 3 year deal and Al-Hamadi/Hirst on 4 year deals so those fees will be well amortised.

In short we look pretty well set and if we don't go up, we shouldn't have to do any urgent business before 30th June to meet FFP.
[Post edited 23 Mar 7:15]
Random question about the club accounts on 08:57 - Mar 23 with 1051 viewsBattersea_Blue

There's not enough detail in the accounts to determine what that is, but it could well be loan notes that were provided when some of us put money into the club when it was on it's knees.

I put money in personally, but did it as a share purchase. I know a few guys who did it as a loan, with the club giving them a loan note to that value, which to my knowledge hasn't been paid back. Could well be around that amount.
Random question about the club accounts on 09:14 - Mar 23 with 982 viewstrncbluearmy

The loan notes offered a decent interest rate,so probably don't want them repaid to end of term
[Post edited 23 Mar 9:16]
Random question about the club accounts on 09:38 - Mar 23 with 929 viewsFreddies_Ears

Random question about the club accounts on 09:14 - Mar 23 by trncbluearmy

The loan notes offered a decent interest rate,so probably don't want them repaid to end of term
[Post edited 23 Mar 9:16]

Correct. They expire fairly soon.
Random question about the club accounts on 10:00 - Mar 23 with 872 viewsGuthrum

Random question about the club accounts on 07:14 - Mar 23 by tractorboy1978

The most interesting thing in the accounts is the FFP reconcilation which shows we've got FFP losses of £20.6m for the last 3 years. £1.9m relate to 2020/21 so on a rolling cycle we have an FFP loss of £20.3m to play with this season. More comfortable than I was expecting to be honest!

Revenue of £21.7m last season. That will easily be over £30m for this season with improved TV deal, increased commercial income etc. And we've 'only' spent £4m on transfer fees - Taylor on a 3 year deal and Al-Hamadi/Hirst on 4 year deals so those fees will be well amortised.

In short we look pretty well set and if we don't go up, we shouldn't have to do any urgent business before 30th June to meet FFP.
[Post edited 23 Mar 7:15]

Interesting. The accounts are a lot more detailed in some areas (e.g. FFP) than they used to be.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Random question about the club accounts on 10:09 - Mar 23 with 849 viewsPhilTWTD

I think offers were made but those receiving them get a good rate of interest, 7.something per cent if I remember rightly, so st least some of them must have felt it wasn't worth it. There isn't very long left on them so the club hasn't revisited it, as far as I'm aware. Marcus offered them a sum which wasn't worth it not long after he took over, I was told by one of the loan note holders.
Login to get fewer ads

Random question about the club accounts on 11:47 - Mar 23 with 693 viewsPinewoodblue

Random question about the club accounts on 10:09 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

I think offers were made but those receiving them get a good rate of interest, 7.something per cent if I remember rightly, so st least some of them must have felt it wasn't worth it. There isn't very long left on them so the club hasn't revisited it, as far as I'm aware. Marcus offered them a sum which wasn't worth it not long after he took over, I was told by one of the loan note holders.

They date from around the time of the share issue, dated loan stock on a good interest rate. From a financial viewpoint would no doubt have been better to reject the offer to buy back early.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Random question about the club accounts on 12:43 - Mar 23 with 620 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Random question about the club accounts on 11:47 - Mar 23 by Pinewoodblue

They date from around the time of the share issue, dated loan stock on a good interest rate. From a financial viewpoint would no doubt have been better to reject the offer to buy back early.

I thought they dated back to when the Club was looking to come out of administration and needed to raise cash in order to do so?

Poll: Our final position

Random question about the club accounts on 12:44 - Mar 23 with 608 viewsPhilTWTD

Random question about the club accounts on 12:43 - Mar 23 by southnorfolkblue

I thought they dated back to when the Club was looking to come out of administration and needed to raise cash in order to do so?

Both they and the share issue were the club trying to raise capital as it came out of administration. Think there was a subsequent loan note issue a couple of years later as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024