Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does the new investment mean... 19:52 - Mar 22 with 1433 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....that Kieran is more likely to stay regardless of the outcome this year??

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Does the new investment mean... on 20:09 - Mar 22 with 1357 viewsDubtractor

There are probably very few clubs for whom McKenna would be a target, and which he would also be interested managing. Maybe 7 or 8 clubs, if that, and if you add the extra support he's now going to get here (both on and off the pitch) I think it would need to be a really attractive opportunity to tempt him away.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Stop typing, you're missing Shakey! (n/t) on 20:10 - Mar 22 with 1340 viewsBloots

Does the new investment mean... on 20:09 - Mar 22 by Dubtractor

There are probably very few clubs for whom McKenna would be a target, and which he would also be interested managing. Maybe 7 or 8 clubs, if that, and if you add the extra support he's now going to get here (both on and off the pitch) I think it would need to be a really attractive opportunity to tempt him away.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Does the new investment mean... on 20:11 - Mar 22 with 1337 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sounds like "yes!"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Does the new investment mean... on 20:14 - Mar 22 with 1310 viewsDarkBrandon

Ashton and the others on the management team have clearly been incentivised with stock (or options). I wonder if they’ll go this way with McKenna.
Stop typing, you're missing Shakey! (n/t) on 20:16 - Mar 22 with 1273 viewsDubtractor

Stop typing, you're missing Shakey! (n/t) on 20:10 - Mar 22 by Bloots

FFS, don't spoil it, I'm on a 10 minute delay.

Also, a Shakey fact for you, he spent more weeks in the top 40 than any other act in the 1980s.
[Post edited 22 Mar 20:21]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Does the new investment mean... on 12:58 - Mar 23 with 855 viewsArnieM

Totally agree with you. This announcement makes me feel a lot more confident that he will be staying. Other a PL platform to work his magic from, I’m not sure what other clubs (that are not one of the big 5), can offer that Town can’t, and I think at Town McKenna is central to most decisions which he probably wouldn’t be at other Clubs. I don’t think he’s driven by money, just that desire to apply his skills at the highest levels ( OL and Champions League) and I’ve felt ever since Gamechanger bought Town, that, that is the level these owners are aspiring too. How far we’ve come in such a short period of time eh!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Stop typing, you're missing Shakey! (n/t) on 13:42 - Mar 23 with 747 viewsNthQldITFC

Stop typing, you're missing Shakey! (n/t) on 20:16 - Mar 22 by Dubtractor

FFS, don't spoil it, I'm on a 10 minute delay.

Also, a Shakey fact for you, he spent more weeks in the top 40 than any other act in the 1980s.
[Post edited 22 Mar 20:21]

Ever since the eighties (when I was a very young child) I've always assumed that he was really sweaty in those denims - not sure why, was probably something somebody said to me, or some weird misunderstanding of lyrics. But it's stuck with me ever since - a bit like the idea that Kentucky Fried Chicken always makes you violently sick. Which I've yet to disprove.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Stop typing, you're missing Shakey! (n/t) on 13:49 - Mar 23 with 717 viewsFBI

Stop typing, you're missing Shakey! (n/t) on 13:42 - Mar 23 by NthQldITFC

Ever since the eighties (when I was a very young child) I've always assumed that he was really sweaty in those denims - not sure why, was probably something somebody said to me, or some weird misunderstanding of lyrics. But it's stuck with me ever since - a bit like the idea that Kentucky Fried Chicken always makes you violently sick. Which I've yet to disprove.

Fun fact: his dad fought in the First World War. Yes, you read that right.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Login to get fewer ads

Does the new investment mean... on 13:49 - Mar 23 with 717 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think the 'off the pitch' stuff is quite key. We can't really spend much more on the pitch due to FFP... but if McKenna is ultimately getting all he wants in terms of the best training facilities (and perhaps staff) then that's got to be attractive and in the plus column in terms of moving on or not.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Does the new investment mean... on 14:20 - Mar 23 with 627 viewsronnyd

Does the new investment mean... on 12:58 - Mar 23 by ArnieM

Totally agree with you. This announcement makes me feel a lot more confident that he will be staying. Other a PL platform to work his magic from, I’m not sure what other clubs (that are not one of the big 5), can offer that Town can’t, and I think at Town McKenna is central to most decisions which he probably wouldn’t be at other Clubs. I don’t think he’s driven by money, just that desire to apply his skills at the highest levels ( OL and Champions League) and I’ve felt ever since Gamechanger bought Town, that, that is the level these owners are aspiring too. How far we’ve come in such a short period of time eh!

I read today that Ratcliffe wants to make the manager position more head coach on the playing side at Manure. A case of, these are the players, get on with it.
Does the new investment mean... on 14:39 - Mar 23 with 556 viewsNutkins_Return

If we don't go up I think there is at least a 50/50 chance he will go somewhere. Best case he will do another season with us IMO. The guy is destined for big things!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024