Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. 09:27 - Mar 22 with 957 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/mar/22/radical-pay-what-you-can-restaur

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 09:33 - Mar 22 with 910 viewsWeWereZombies

Well not quite all that is wrong, no murder or rape in the story but you always go to The Bible for that...

Story ties in nicely with the one that chico posted earlier in the week about the suggestion to do away with landlords.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 09:35 - Mar 22 with 903 viewsDubtractor

A lot of leases on buildings like this have clauses about leaving the property in the same condition as it was taken on in - ie that any alterations should be reversed - and if I was that community group I'd be looking to exercise this if it exists.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 10:29 - Mar 22 with 817 viewsLord_Lucan

Maybe - but it beggars belief they spent all that money on a property with a sh1t lease

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 10:34 - Mar 22 with 801 viewsgiant_stow

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 10:29 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

Maybe - but it beggars belief they spent all that money on a property with a sh1t lease

yeah, they took a risk and it didn;t work out, but it must feel really sh1tty.

I hope a new deal with the new owners can be done - might be possible especially with a little local 'pressure'.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 11:26 - Mar 22 with 700 viewsSwansea_Blue

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 09:33 - Mar 22 by WeWereZombies

Well not quite all that is wrong, no murder or rape in the story but you always go to The Bible for that...

Story ties in nicely with the one that chico posted earlier in the week about the suggestion to do away with landlords.

Doing away with landlords would tick off the murder requirement too. It's a slightly drastic solution imo, but I'll go with the majority view.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 11:52 - Mar 22 with 651 viewsWeWereZombies

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 11:26 - Mar 22 by Swansea_Blue

Doing away with landlords would tick off the murder requirement too. It's a slightly drastic solution imo, but I'll go with the majority view.

Sorry, is it the tenants or the landlords doing the murdering ? I wasn't suggesting the nations go that far, just throwing the moneylenders out of the temple would be a start.

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 12:02 - Mar 22 with 628 viewsleitrimblue

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 10:34 - Mar 22 by giant_stow

yeah, they took a risk and it didn;t work out, but it must feel really sh1tty.

I hope a new deal with the new owners can be done - might be possible especially with a little local 'pressure'.

Otherwise the night before lease ends 'accidentally' leave the place unlocked and see what happens..
All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 12:14 - Mar 22 with 603 viewsWeWereZombies

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 12:02 - Mar 22 by leitrimblue

Otherwise the night before lease ends 'accidentally' leave the place unlocked and see what happens..

Trouble is that all these businesses need a new home and if there is any malarky then prospective landlords (any that are left unmurdered that is) will have second thoughts about the tenancy application.

Login to get fewer ads

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 13:56 - Mar 22 with 515 viewsleitrimblue

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 12:14 - Mar 22 by WeWereZombies

Trouble is that all these businesses need a new home and if there is any malarky then prospective landlords (any that are left unmurdered that is) will have second thoughts about the tenancy application.

Think they should possibly look into empty and unused buildings for squatting and just don't invest so heavily in the buildings at the beginning.
Look for ownership later on

Exodus style init
All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 14:06 - Mar 22 with 495 viewsWeWereZombies

All that is right and wrong with the World in one story. on 13:56 - Mar 22 by leitrimblue

Think they should possibly look into empty and unused buildings for squatting and just don't invest so heavily in the buildings at the beginning.
Look for ownership later on

Exodus style init

But it didn't look to be the restaurant's style though. They were in the commendable position of offering quality meals in decent surroundings with the egalitarian policy of getting feedback determined by revenue. So a squat would have deterred some of their customers and as a consequence undermined the outreach to bring conventional diners into alternative habits.

And you do need to shell out to set up a 'dining experience' - ask Dolly...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024