Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester charged… 18:04 - Mar 21 with 7154 viewsSitfcB

Assume any punishment still won’t count until they’re back in the Prem??

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

According to TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter.... on 19:10 - Mar 21 with 1813 viewsGlasgowBlue

According to TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter.... on 19:01 - Mar 21 by Bloots

....he spoke to a "director" at one of Leicester's promotion rivals a few weeks ago and that person said they would be pursuing legal action if Leicester were found guilty.

True story.

When you say TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter, do you mean Alan Brazil after a week at Cheltenham?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

According to TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter.... on 19:11 - Mar 21 with 1802 viewsDubtractor

According to TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter.... on 19:10 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

When you say TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter, do you mean Alan Brazil after a week at Cheltenham?

Well he won't have spoken to anyone at Ipswich, not after the club tore down all the old memorabilia and burned it on a big fire.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Leicester charged… on 19:17 - Mar 21 with 1754 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leicester charged… on 19:09 - Mar 21 by Simonds92

There are rules we abide by, they broke them. Would you rather we matched what they've done and massively overspend to get promotion?

Of course not. Where on earth did I suggest that?

If they have done wrong, they deserve to be punished. But given the choice, I'd rather we went up on our own merits, not because a team was docked points. That's all I'm saying.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Alex Crook, he was reasonably sober. (n/t) on 19:17 - Mar 21 with 1748 viewsBloots

According to TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter.... on 19:10 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Leicester charged… on 19:26 - Mar 21 with 1709 viewsTrequartista

Leicester charged… on 18:08 - Mar 21 by Coastalblue

I wouldn't want to go up because they are docked points, so hope so, still think it's not unreasonable that we finish above them without a points deduction.

Whyever not? If they are docked points, its because they've cheated. We would be promoted legitimately.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Leicester charged… on 19:27 - Mar 21 with 1694 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leicester charged… on 19:26 - Mar 21 by Trequartista

Whyever not? If they are docked points, its because they've cheated. We would be promoted legitimately.

It's irrelevant anyway as any points deduction will not be applied to this season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leicester charged… on 19:28 - Mar 21 with 1692 viewsMK1

Exactly. Would they rather cheats got promoted and got rich off the back of it? That is some deterrent.
Leicester charged… on 19:31 - Mar 21 with 1671 viewsCoastalblue

Leicester charged… on 19:04 - Mar 21 by Pinewoodblue

Going to be a farce isn't it. Start next season with -x pts, get relegated but rewarded with parachute payment.

Meanwhile the permitted 3 year loss for the current seasons accounts is £23m less than permitted in Premier League last season. Presumably that means that in the season after next they start in the Championship -x pts again.

There can't be anyone, outside Leicester, who doesn't want Southampton or Ipswich to achieve automatic promotion & anyone other than Leicester to win the play offs. I know I would be rooting for Norwich if they played Leicester in play offs.

I think you might be in a minority of one there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester charged… on 19:34 - Mar 21 with 1650 viewsPinewoodblue

Can't wait to see Kieran Maguire get his teeth in Leicester's accounts which are due to be lodged at Companies House by end of this month.

Quick check shows for season 21-22 they had an operating loss of £73.6m. In the previous season the figure was £33.1 although there are some areas of expenditure that are not taken into account.. The 3 year permitted loss was only £105m so they didn't have much headroom.

For current season they will probably need to be trading at a good profit to avoid falling foul of the rules again.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Leicester charged… on 19:37 - Mar 21 with 1627 viewsPinewoodblue

Leicester charged… on 19:31 - Mar 21 by Coastalblue

I think you might be in a minority of one there.

Was a bit far fetched wasn't it

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

According to TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter.... on 19:38 - Mar 21 with 1636 viewsIllinoisblue

According to TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter.... on 19:01 - Mar 21 by Bloots

....he spoke to a "director" at one of Leicester's promotion rivals a few weeks ago and that person said they would be pursuing legal action if Leicester were found guilty.

True story.

100% that was Leeds. Relegated behind Forest, Everton and Leicester, all charged. They’ll be foomin.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leicester charged… on 19:41 - Mar 21 with 1611 viewsDennyx4

Leicester charged… on 19:27 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's irrelevant anyway as any points deduction will not be applied to this season.

I thought that too, however it may be part of Forests defence, that all clubs need to be treated equally.

It does seem that this charge has been brought forward, shortly after Forests hearing.
Leicester charged… on 20:02 - Mar 21 with 1515 viewsMK1

Leicester charged… on 19:41 - Mar 21 by Dennyx4

I thought that too, however it may be part of Forests defence, that all clubs need to be treated equally.

It does seem that this charge has been brought forward, shortly after Forests hearing.

Yeah, I thought all charges and appeals had to be done and dusted by end of June.
Leicester charged… on 20:02 - Mar 21 with 1514 viewsSitfcB

Leicester charged… on 19:04 - Mar 21 by Pinewoodblue

Going to be a farce isn't it. Start next season with -x pts, get relegated but rewarded with parachute payment.

Meanwhile the permitted 3 year loss for the current seasons accounts is £23m less than permitted in Premier League last season. Presumably that means that in the season after next they start in the Championship -x pts again.

There can't be anyone, outside Leicester, who doesn't want Southampton or Ipswich to achieve automatic promotion & anyone other than Leicester to win the play offs. I know I would be rooting for Norwich if they played Leicester in play offs.

Dear lord.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Leicester charged… on 20:08 - Mar 21 with 1480 viewsbilllm

Leicester charged… on 18:57 - Mar 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Why if we lose to them would we be done when we’d still be above them?

Should have put if they win the two in hand all be it Leicester and preston
According to TalkSport's Chief Football Reporter.... on 20:27 - Mar 21 with 1417 viewstextbackup

True story.

Did this bloke have a beard? Dripping in cooking oil?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leicester charged… on 20:32 - Mar 21 with 1404 viewsVegtablue

Leicester charged… on 18:09 - Mar 21 by MK1

I don't care how we go up.

Too right too! It's Leicester who are tainted by this, playing a squad which, for consecutive seasons, the laws didn't allow them to own. We all know the current squad is also above allowable limits. And they doped their way to the PL in 2013/14 as well, so history is at risk of repeating itself.

I'd much prefer clean competition from all parties but we can't control what others do. Normally public sympathy is reserved for the athlete or team who were denied their moment, rather than the party that was later disqualified or sanctioned for breaking the rules.
Leicester charged… on 20:33 - Mar 21 with 1408 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Interesting footnote in the guardian article about this states they are potentially being charged by the EFL too and presumably, if that one sticks, that will be applied this season. EFL seem to be a lot quicker on deductions.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Leicester charged… on 20:40 - Mar 21 with 1374 viewsgiant_stow

Leicester charged… on 20:33 - Mar 21 by JammyDodgerrr

Interesting footnote in the guardian article about this states they are potentially being charged by the EFL too and presumably, if that one sticks, that will be applied this season. EFL seem to be a lot quicker on deductions.

It does sound like a points deduction this season isn't completely out of the question, so what happens if they're finish 2nd and a deduction puts them to 3rd? If they appeal, they'll miss the chance to play in the playoffs no?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Leicester charged… on 20:46 - Mar 21 with 1326 viewsgainsboroughblue

Leicester charged… on 20:40 - Mar 21 by giant_stow

It does sound like a points deduction this season isn't completely out of the question, so what happens if they're finish 2nd and a deduction puts them to 3rd? If they appeal, they'll miss the chance to play in the playoffs no?

Didn't think of that.

Absolute mess.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leicester charged… on 21:24 - Mar 21 with 1214 viewsNBVJohn

Leicester charged… on 18:21 - Mar 21 by gainsboroughblue

I wouldn't complain if it happened. I just think we'd then be remembered as the team who only went up because of another teams points deduction and not for the ridiculous amount of points accumulated and incredible football we've played to get us in that position. Even in this crazy season, teams are basically accused of 'bottling' 'folding' 'wheels falling off' etc when they're still averaging 2.2 ppg!

I'd love us more to go up without the help. Can't think of a season where this has potentially happened before. I remember the 1990 'non-promotion' of Swindon after they beat Sunderland in the play-off final and a week later, Sunderland were awarded promotion after Swindon got punished but that was pre- Premier League and we were all under the EFL or whatever it would have been called then so none of this punishment only applying to being in the Prem nonsense.

Would be funny though but as said, doubt punishment will happen before May.
[Post edited 21 Mar 18:22]

In your first paragraph you’ve absolutely nailed the Sky / Hinchcliffe / Goodman / Sutton angle, conveniently ignoring an exceptional season and a play off winner that finished below us by potentially 15 points or more….

I want us going up to be the controversy, not Leicester’s points deduction.
Leicester charged… on 22:03 - Mar 21 with 1105 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leicester charged… on 21:24 - Mar 21 by NBVJohn

In your first paragraph you’ve absolutely nailed the Sky / Hinchcliffe / Goodman / Sutton angle, conveniently ignoring an exceptional season and a play off winner that finished below us by potentially 15 points or more….

I want us going up to be the controversy, not Leicester’s points deduction.

That's easy. Finish more points above them than whatever they get deducted (if they do get any this season) anyway. Finish ahead of Leeds and Southampton too and even less to detract from our achievements.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leicester charged… on 22:07 - Mar 21 with 1077 viewsNBVJohn

Leicester charged… on 22:03 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's easy. Finish more points above them than whatever they get deducted (if they do get any this season) anyway. Finish ahead of Leeds and Southampton too and even less to detract from our achievements.

Agreed.

Apart from the bit about it being easy….
Leicester charged… on 00:13 - Mar 22 with 897 viewsTrequartista

Leicester charged… on 19:27 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

That's what i thought too, but I was just responding to an assertion that it was this season.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Leicester charged… on 07:08 - Mar 22 with 739 viewsBlueNomad

The three relegated clubs all have a massive advantage over us, something that has regularly been moaned about on here. If one of those clubs has part of that advantage due to cheating then they should be punished and if we are the beneficiaries then so be it. After all, even if we don't overtake them we are going to be very close.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024