Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
hope 15:17 - Mar 21 with 2838 viewsgiant_stow

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

hope on 11:28 - Mar 22 with 229 viewsNthQldITFC

hope on 11:00 - Mar 22 by giant_stow

Just purely guessing, I wonder whether you've partially hit it there: that radical change may be coming, but it won't necessarily be definable as either left or right (or centre)?

That would be a good way to look at it. I've long thought that the 'left' and 'right' labels are ridiculously coarse definitions when applied to a person, let alone an administration or, more importantly, to a set of policies. It's the sort of juvenile labelling which just results in name calling and nothing getting done. Policy making should be carried out on the basis of unprejudiced consideration of each issue, not on the basis of tribal obedience.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

hope on 11:53 - Mar 22 with 191 viewsMookamoo

hope on 07:58 - Mar 22 by BlueRaider

It is not a good reflection of democracy if a party says one thing to get elected and then does something else entirely (they all do it of course)

Our democracy really is broken in that a sizeable chunk of the population vote against the party they don't want rather than the one that they do

I'm increasingly convinced that we need to go to PR, it means we can vote more positively, and it will be good for all the parties (even the tories) eventually as their fringes can split off and leave us with parties who can work together in a mature way.

Wouldn't that mean if PR was in place for the next election, one of the main parties would be Reform. They would expect about 50 seats based on current polling.

Can't see them working in a mature way with anyone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024