Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. 14:04 - Mar 13 with 3347 viewsBlueBadger

...next season then.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24180318.ipswich-town-ex-boss-roy-keane-new-favouri

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 15:36 - Mar 13 with 2778 viewsbournemouthblue

Have their owners lost the plot?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:05 - Mar 13 with 2667 viewsHelp

😂 LOL
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:08 - Mar 13 with 2651 viewsSchmoke

'Former Ipswich Town boss....'

I still struggle with the reality of that actually happening.

Did that ACTUALLY happen or was it all a fever dream?
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:15 - Mar 13 with 2594 viewsJackNorthStand

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:08 - Mar 13 by Schmoke

He’s definately not the worst manager we’ve had in the last 15 years. Not even in the top 3.
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:23 - Mar 13 with 2542 viewsgainsboroughblue

Sunderland, along with Birmingham, have utterly cocked this season up.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:39 - Mar 13 with 2468 viewsleitrimblue

Back in the day when Roy was Town manager I had this long disturbing dream/nightmare in which Roy Keane was my boss.

He was impossible to work for, just complaining constantly.
I eventually had to leave the job after we fell out over the contents of my pack lunch during break time.

Has I was leaving the office he was shouting at me ' a long feckin way from avocados you were feckin raised' . We never spoke again.
It was years ago and I'm still haunted by it/him
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 17:09 - Mar 13 with 2352 viewsPinewoodblue

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:15 - Mar 13 by JackNorthStand

He’s definately not the worst manager we’ve had in the last 15 years. Not even in the top 3.

Personally I have always thought that if Evans had let him bring in Brendan Rogers as his assistant manager Roy Keane would have been successful at Ipswich.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 17:14 - Mar 13 with 2321 viewsRegencyBlue

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 17:09 - Mar 13 by Pinewoodblue

Personally I have always thought that if Evans had let him bring in Brendan Rogers as his assistant manager Roy Keane would have been successful at Ipswich.

Let’s be blunt.

If there was a wrong decision to be made Evans had an uncanny knack of finding it!
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 17:46 - Mar 13 with 2187 viewsHighgateBlue

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:08 - Mar 13 by Schmoke

I have a story to tell you about four men named Paul...
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 17:47 - Mar 13 with 2177 viewsBramidan

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 17:14 - Mar 13 by RegencyBlue

Let’s be blunt.

If there was a wrong decision to be made Evans had an uncanny knack of finding it!

If you want man management he’s obviously the man!
Arm around the shoulder, supportive?
I think times have moved on.
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 18:40 - Mar 13 with 2027 viewsNutkins_Return

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:15 - Mar 13 by JackNorthStand

I actually think there is an argument that he was THE worst. He actually got serious financial backing and bought really badly. Kind of the opposite of McKenna in that he seemed to make players worse.

I think Paul Hirst tops him. The rest at least had some ok spells or were in the latter era of Evans where there was zero help or infrastructure. Lambert at the same time as Keane for example would have done a better job and recruited much better before ultimately failing and banging on about Dortmund.
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 18:56 - Mar 13 with 1971 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 15:36 - Mar 13 by bournemouthblue

Have their owners lost the plot?

Yes, they have. But not necessarily in this case, as this is just ‘def info’ from Gambling.com. Or in other words, utter bullsugar aimed at getting the gullible to part with their money.

I reserve the right to change my view on this if they do actually go for him. They are clueless enough to try it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 19:50 - Mar 13 with 1834 viewsBlueBadger

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 18:40 - Mar 13 by Nutkins_Return

I actually think there is an argument that he was THE worst. He actually got serious financial backing and bought really badly. Kind of the opposite of McKenna in that he seemed to make players worse.

I think Paul Hirst tops him. The rest at least had some ok spells or were in the latter era of Evans where there was zero help or infrastructure. Lambert at the same time as Keane for example would have done a better job and recruited much better before ultimately failing and banging on about Dortmund.

Exactly that. He set the tone for all that followed. Only Lambert comes close.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 19:51 - Mar 13 with 1833 viewsBlueBadger

He is VERY famous, too.

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 20:24 - Mar 13 with 1771 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm trying to think who was the manager when they last achieved promotion to the Premier League?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 20:39 - Mar 13 with 1707 viewsbazza

Him and Micah Richards could probably work, Keane needs someone with him who can man manage, keep His temper down, I’d have loved it if he had taken us up, but I don’t think I’d change anything if it meant not ending up where we are today.
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 20:39 - Mar 13 with 1706 viewsIllinoisblue

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 17:46 - Mar 13 by HighgateBlue

I have a story to tell you about four men named Paul...

Not so much a story as a living hellscape brought to us by Satan himself.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 21:04 - Mar 13 with 1627 viewsBlueBadger

Presumably, Rogers would have done coaching, tactics, transfers, motivation and tram selection and Famous Roy the pressers?

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 21:05 - Mar 13 with 1619 viewsBlueBadger

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 20:39 - Mar 13 by bazza

Him and Micah Richards could probably work, Keane needs someone with him who can man manage, keep His temper down, I’d have loved it if he had taken us up, but I don’t think I’d change anything if it meant not ending up where we are today.

Keane just needs to do what he is good at which is glowering, pressers and being famous and get an assistant to do coaching, tactics transfers, motivation....

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 21:15 - Mar 13 with 1589 viewsbazza

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 21:05 - Mar 13 by BlueBadger

Keane just needs to do what he is good at which is glowering, pressers and being famous and get an assistant to do coaching, tactics transfers, motivation....

As bad as is he was for us, I just can’t help but like the guy, and he never really had much hope under Evans and clegg .
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 21:58 - Mar 13 with 1509 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I don't think this is quite correct.

Keane wanted Rodgers as his assistant, but Rodgers wanted to be a Manager in his own right.

The mistake was not asking Rodgers to be Town manager instead of Keane.

Or maybe it was sacking Jim and not giving him a bit longer.
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 22:37 - Mar 13 with 1414 viewsBlueBadger

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 21:15 - Mar 13 by bazza

As bad as is he was for us, I just can’t help but like the guy, and he never really had much hope under Evans and clegg .

He never had a hope, because he's a terrible football manager. Very famous and good at pressers though. He's basically Paul Lambert for people with Peaky Blinders murals on their living room walls.

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 01:13 - Mar 14 with 1286 viewsStNeotsBlue

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 21:58 - Mar 13 by ArnoldMoorhen

I don't think this is quite correct.

Keane wanted Rodgers as his assistant, but Rodgers wanted to be a Manager in his own right.

The mistake was not asking Rodgers to be Town manager instead of Keane.

Or maybe it was sacking Jim and not giving him a bit longer.

Exactly this, Keane and Rodgers did the same FA coaching course. Rodgers never wanted to be a no.2, one of the few things that wasn't Evans's fault.
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 08:05 - Mar 14 with 1102 viewsChurchman

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 18:40 - Mar 13 by Nutkins_Return

Hurst was so far out of his depth he needed a diving bell. Utterly hopeless. We were relegated by the end of August. All talk, nothing to back it up. Yes, agreed, there is an argument to say Keane was even worse. Wasted the money he had and actually had no idea what he was doing. Typical good player, rubbish manager syndrome.

Lambert: a bag of gas. Listen to Darren Bent’s view of Dortmund’s finest and that’ll tell you all you need to know about that tedious man. Five year contract? I couldn’t believe it at the time. Still can’t. Now I liked Jewell. He made me laugh. Shame he was a cr@p manager. He’d already proved it before he stumbled about at Portman Road.

Cook - wrong club, wrong time, appalling timing given he was selling the club. But that was Evans all over. A truly hopeless owner. A success outside football of course and it staggers me how often successful business men fail so dismally in the world of football. McCarthy was his only good decision and my betting is that was more by luck than judgement.

Back to Keane, he’s still very popular amongst Mackem, including a mate of mine. Thinks he’d kick them into shape. All the logic: out of the window.
[Post edited 14 Mar 8:09]
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:04 - Mar 14 with 812 viewsweepingx2018

Oh here's a good one, name , in order of awfulness, the top (sic) 5 managers of Ipswich since Sir Bobby: 1 being the worst...i'll go first - its tough....

1. Paul Hurst
2. Paul Jewell
3. John Duncan (RIP)
4. Roy Keane
5. Paul Lambert

note to MA for future managers: avoid one called Paul.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024