Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. 14:04 - Mar 13 with 3394 viewsBlueBadger

...next season then.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24180318.ipswich-town-ex-boss-roy-keane-new-favouri

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:10 - Mar 14 with 168 viewsBlueschev

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:04 - Mar 14 by weepingx2018

Oh here's a good one, name , in order of awfulness, the top (sic) 5 managers of Ipswich since Sir Bobby: 1 being the worst...i'll go first - its tough....

1. Paul Hurst
2. Paul Jewell
3. John Duncan (RIP)
4. Roy Keane
5. Paul Lambert

note to MA for future managers: avoid one called Paul.

Duncan should be nowhere near that list given the past two decades!

1. Roy Keane
2. Paul Lambert
3. Paul Hurst
4. Paul Jewell
5. Paul Cook

Is Keane's surname Paul?
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:11 - Mar 14 with 157 viewsweepingx2018

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:10 - Mar 14 by Blueschev

Duncan should be nowhere near that list given the past two decades!

1. Roy Keane
2. Paul Lambert
3. Paul Hurst
4. Paul Jewell
5. Paul Cook

Is Keane's surname Paul?

true enough i did a disservice to John Duncan.....
Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 16:13 - Mar 14 with 152 viewsBlueschev

Sunderland owners fancy a relegation fight.. on 18:40 - Mar 13 by Nutkins_Return

I actually think there is an argument that he was THE worst. He actually got serious financial backing and bought really badly. Kind of the opposite of McKenna in that he seemed to make players worse.

I think Paul Hirst tops him. The rest at least had some ok spells or were in the latter era of Evans where there was zero help or infrastructure. Lambert at the same time as Keane for example would have done a better job and recruited much better before ultimately failing and banging on about Dortmund.

Keane is to Ipswich managers what David Cameron is to Conservative Prime Ministers. Some of those that have followed him have appeared worse. But it was he who laid the foundations for the absolute shambles that was to come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024