Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards 20:04 - Mar 9 with 2432 viewsMullet

He looked very relaxed. Made me wonder what McKenna said and how the players were feeling.

Having driven home, sunk a beer or so and listened to Talksport the whole way back, I feel a bit different now. A couple of young lads tried to banter with us as they drove past after the game. Fell a bit flat when I suggested we do that to teams all the time, it was just our turn for once. And that's probably the reason so many posts on here smell a bit of p1ss and panic.

We had such a dizzying high on Tuesday, a great game and turn on Saturday before and then today was the implosion of all of that. When Moore scored I thought it was massive as we'd ridden out an early charge from them and seemed to get the squeeze on.

The way we failed to manage out the game and see them off was so unlike us, just like losing really it's easy to panic for some I guess. But I thought whilst there were obvious deficiencies with Sarmiento starting and his poor decision making, when he did get a run on he showed even our poorer performers could get at Cardiff.

Our pausing and interplay didn't always work because they don't press. So it was a bit like trying to punch a bedsheet flapping about and getting ourselves twisted up needlessly. I'm sure the defenders have been dragged, the fact we didn't hold up the ball or push it high and wide late on to try and stifle them, but it's all hindsight isn't it?

Lots went wrong. Only Hull really did us any favours when Saints sounded like they might throw it away they rallied. How many weeks have fans of them, Lids and Leicester felt like that about us? We must be the equivalent of form table genital warts for the £100m clubs and today they got to scratch the itch a bit, that's all.

Still fancy us to be one of the two to go up automatically. Mainly because I think McKenna will learn from that. Seeing him as not quite infallible, as some of players not always willing and able to run through walls for us etc might just give us the perspective to run at promotion again. Whereas had we drew or even won in poor fashion those small margins and gaps might not be so apparent. Let alone scrutinised by a manager who is so microscopic in his attention to detail.

Waka waka hey hey and all that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:09 - Mar 9 with 2358 viewsBseaBlue

This is the most relaxed I have felt after a loss all season. This team will be right in the mix at the end of the season. The manager won't panic and neither should we.
I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:20 - Mar 9 with 2263 viewsSwansea_Blue

Waka waka summed up the experience - it needed something creative from the fans to keep us awake and noisy. There was little on the pitch to do it. It was such a hard watch at times.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:20 - Mar 9 with 2258 viewsbackwaywhen

That’s a great analysis of the game Mullet, , let’s get back on the training ground , beat Weds next week , then most will get a chance to recharge the batteries during International break .
We go again thereafter …….COYBs
I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:34 - Mar 9 with 2145 viewsstonojnr

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:09 - Mar 9 by BseaBlue

This is the most relaxed I have felt after a loss all season. This team will be right in the mix at the end of the season. The manager won't panic and neither should we.

totally agree and this wont be the last game we lose this season, so keep the faith and good things do happen.
I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:41 - Mar 9 with 2077 viewsWestSussexBlue

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:34 - Mar 9 by stonojnr

totally agree and this wont be the last game we lose this season, so keep the faith and good things do happen.

I disagree, I actually think that’s the last game we do lose now. Wins and draws all the way but not sure if it will be enough for Second.
I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:56 - Mar 9 with 1989 viewsElderGrizzly

McKenna’s interview almost says that we didn’t have the players on the pitch to defend a lead, but had made the subs to gain the lead.

As you say, looks like we’ll learn and McKenna will learn and maybe we see less of a positive approach to subs as he says that left him with few options to shore it up
I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 09:11 - Mar 10 with 1321 viewsMullet

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:20 - Mar 9 by Swansea_Blue

Waka waka summed up the experience - it needed something creative from the fans to keep us awake and noisy. There was little on the pitch to do it. It was such a hard watch at times.

It was a proper Championship game I thought. A bit like Plymouth but the wrong result.

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 09:15 - Mar 10 with 1274 viewsMullet

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:41 - Mar 9 by WestSussexBlue

I disagree, I actually think that’s the last game we do lose now. Wins and draws all the way but not sure if it will be enough for Second.

I don't think there's a team that can't beat us left is there? Quite possible we win every game and just as likely we lose two or three. Soton's fixture congestion and teams they have left to play might give us an advantage for example.

Login to get fewer ads

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 11:25 - Mar 10 with 983 viewsReus30

Yesterday, I was a bit miffed, my post history will definitely show that. Not angry, just disappointed.

Upon reflection, it's been a tough week and we got 6 from 9, 18 from 21 so our form is really top level and far higher than we would have dreamed to be.

Perspective and all that. We will march on.

My one fear though is the international break. I hope the Welsh guys don't get any injuries as they will have an intense couple of games potentially.
I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 11:31 - Mar 10 with 950 viewsPinewoodblue

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 20:56 - Mar 9 by ElderGrizzly

McKenna’s interview almost says that we didn’t have the players on the pitch to defend a lead, but had made the subs to gain the lead.

As you say, looks like we’ll learn and McKenna will learn and maybe we see less of a positive approach to subs as he says that left him with few options to shore it up

Moore, an excellent defender at corners could, and perhaps should, have been replaced by an extra defender.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 12:04 - Mar 10 with 855 viewspointofblue

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 11:31 - Mar 10 by Pinewoodblue

Moore, an excellent defender at corners could, and perhaps should, have been replaced by an extra defender.

Or by Travis to try and win control of midfield.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I saw Wes with a little suitcase and a couple of mates walk past us afterwards on 12:04 - Mar 10 with 855 viewsCheltenham_Blue

When you say you saw Wes "with a little suitcase"

You mean Chappers don't you?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024