Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League table still looking good 17:00 - Mar 9 with 1993 viewsitfcjoe

Compressed in a bit now, but going to be lots of twists over the last 9 games

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

League table still looking good on 17:04 - Mar 9 with 1924 viewssquiz

Leicesters run looks tougher than Leeds. If we'd have held on today you'd fancy us to overtake them. As it is, 4 points might be too much to make up. Especially with the gd.
League table still looking good on 17:04 - Mar 9 with 1923 viewsDubtractor

Yep. The manner of our defeat was gutting, and a bit if a shambles, but its not the end of the world.

Leicester are there to be shot at now, and have some tricky games to come.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

League table still looking good on 17:08 - Mar 9 with 1855 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Pretty convinced Leeds will get top two, they barely concede. I think our shot will be if Leicester’s patchy form continues but essentially it’s a 5 point swing needed in 9 games. We’ll see, could all look different by the time we’ve played Southampton at PR. Today might be one of those turning points though, huge swing in 5 minutes of injury time.
[Post edited 9 Mar 17:09]
League table still looking good on 17:10 - Mar 9 with 1814 viewsITFCSG

We have to make up 5 points to overhaul Leicester and 3 for Leeds taking into account both clubs' much superior goal difference which itself is worth a point. The games v Coventry and scum away and Soton at home are absolutely crucial. The team needs to come out firing from the first whistle, haven't seen such a performance for ages.
League table still looking good on 17:11 - Mar 9 with 1789 viewsBent_double

League table still looking good on 17:04 - Mar 9 by squiz

Leicesters run looks tougher than Leeds. If we'd have held on today you'd fancy us to overtake them. As it is, 4 points might be too much to make up. Especially with the gd.

Leicester 1 win in 5. Away to Bristol City next it seems, as they don't appear to be playing next week.

Tough game, if they lose and we win, we're a point behind - no doubt Leeds will be top by then too.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

League table still looking good on 17:16 - Mar 9 with 1731 viewsDennyx4

League table still looking good on 17:11 - Mar 9 by Bent_double

Leicester 1 win in 5. Away to Bristol City next it seems, as they don't appear to be playing next week.

Tough game, if they lose and we win, we're a point behind - no doubt Leeds will be top by then too.

They are not playing next week, as they play in the FA Cup. They should have played Southampton, but that has now been rearranged for the end of April.
League table still looking good on 17:17 - Mar 9 with 1720 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

League table still looking good on 17:11 - Mar 9 by Bent_double

Big time routing for Leicester to drop points, I feel more focused on this than Leeds for some reason. I think their home crowd would turn if they suddenly fell out of the top 2 at this stage of the season (if it hasn’t already). Norwich will have a say as well, they play both of us back to back!

I think to overcome essentially a 5 point deficit we might only be able yo afford to lose one more.
League table still looking good on 17:28 - Mar 9 with 1605 viewsbilllm

League table still looking good on 17:04 - Mar 9 by squiz

I'm leaning toward your take,
GD will kill us,
That's if we can get back we look tired,
Of all days to chuck it would have been nestled between them both but a reduced lead for Leicester then real pressure heaps on,
4 points and GD can't see us catching them,
Saints back on our tail as well,
Login to get fewer ads

League table still looking good on 17:32 - Mar 9 with 1581 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

League table still looking good on 17:28 - Mar 9 by billlm

I'm leaning toward your take,
GD will kill us,
That's if we can get back we look tired,
Of all days to chuck it would have been nestled between them both but a reduced lead for Leicester then real pressure heaps on,
4 points and GD can't see us catching them,
Saints back on our tail as well,

Yep it was devastating loss whatever way you slice it up. Being 1 point behind them you’d really fancy us to have a very good chance of over taking them.
League table still looking good on 17:34 - Mar 9 with 1559 viewsWoolfenthen

who'd have thought we'd be having this conversation 7 months ago, I thought it might be we need around 6 more wins for a play off spot, remarkable, just 2 pts required from 9 games to confirm play off spot.

Think we are outsiders but hopefully that will suit us, what will be will be, truly amazing season, loving every minute.
League table still looking good on 17:36 - Mar 9 with 1543 viewstextbackup

As it stands I think leeds nick top spot. Watched leicester hull, and didn’t go much on leicester.
I’m not looking forward to hull away either

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

League table still looking good on 17:57 - Mar 9 with 1468 viewsVegtablue

Tough ask with what's left on paper. We'll be odds against to win each remaining away game, given they're the three frontrunners for 6th. We'll probably be even money or odds against to beat Southampton. 2 points needed on Leeds, 5 on Leicester, that's superb going with 9 left to play. Would a supercomputer place our chances above 25% though? I'm not sure.

Still excited to find out obviously, towel remains firmly in the corner.
[Post edited 9 Mar 17:58]
League table still looking good on 18:25 - Mar 9 with 1333 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

League table still looking good on 17:57 - Mar 9 by Vegtablue

Tough ask with what's left on paper. We'll be odds against to win each remaining away game, given they're the three frontrunners for 6th. We'll probably be even money or odds against to beat Southampton. 2 points needed on Leeds, 5 on Leicester, that's superb going with 9 left to play. Would a supercomputer place our chances above 25% though? I'm not sure.

Still excited to find out obviously, towel remains firmly in the corner.
[Post edited 9 Mar 17:58]

Yes from 24 hours ago I’m not sure I’d describe it as looking good the most we could be behind Leeds was 1 point before a ball was kicked, that happened, we lost a point on Leicester and Southampton gained 3 on us.
League table still looking good on 18:31 - Mar 9 with 1297 viewsRKD

League table still looking good on 17:08 - Mar 9 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Pretty convinced Leeds will get top two, they barely concede. I think our shot will be if Leicester’s patchy form continues but essentially it’s a 5 point swing needed in 9 games. We’ll see, could all look different by the time we’ve played Southampton at PR. Today might be one of those turning points though, huge swing in 5 minutes of injury time.

I honestly think it will be us and Leeds top two.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

League table still looking good on 18:33 - Mar 9 with 1271 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

League table still looking good on 18:31 - Mar 9 by RKD

I honestly think it will be us and Leeds top two.

There’s a chance mate, unbelievable season whatever happens. April looks tough on paper but who knows.
League table still looking good on 18:46 - Mar 9 with 1205 viewsDubtractor

League table still looking good on 17:08 - Mar 9 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Agreed about Leeds. They are absolutely flying since Christmas, having been very good before that.

Leicester is the hope for us, and they are definitely not looking as invincible as they did.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

League table still looking good on 18:47 - Mar 9 with 1194 viewsRKD

League table still looking good on 18:33 - Mar 9 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There’s a chance mate, unbelievable season whatever happens. April looks tough on paper but who knows.

The similarities to last season in League One are plentiful, I think our experience of that will give us an edge. Leicester seem like the Sheffield Wednesday of last season, a lot of distractions off field and pent up frustration from fans.

A very big April approaching including a massive Sunday.

League table still looking good on 19:18 - Mar 9 with 1081 viewsPinewoodblue

League table still looking good on 18:47 - Mar 9 by RKD

The similarities to last season in League One are plentiful, I think our experience of that will give us an edge. Leicester seem like the Sheffield Wednesday of last season, a lot of distractions off field and pent up frustration from fans.

A very big April approaching including a massive Sunday.

We don’t have any Sunday games in April

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

League table still looking good on 19:21 - Mar 9 with 1057 viewsRKD

League table still looking good on 19:18 - Mar 9 by Pinewoodblue

We don’t have any Sunday games in April

I stand corrected said the man in the orthopedic shoes!

League table still looking good on 19:25 - Mar 9 with 1007 viewsMattinLondon

Maybe if Leicester beat Chelsea in the FA Cup then that will act as a distraction for them as well. Plus it’ll be a couple more games for them to play as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024