Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Downes back on loan? 02:49 - Mar 9 with 2609 viewsMercian

It seems he will not make the grade at West Ham. Out of all the young high potential kids we had 5 or 6 years ago he has progressed the furthest with the exception of loanees Carter-Vickers and Chalobah. If we are not promoted I think he would be great on loan. If we do get promoted Chalobah would be an excellent loan.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2:51]
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 05:21 - Mar 9 with 2436 viewsClutch

Carter-Vickers is only at Celtic, if he came back to us right now he would already be playing at a higher level!

But yeah, would take Downes back.
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 06:05 - Mar 9 with 2378 viewsIllinoisblue

And lo, Jesus wept

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 07:20 - Mar 9 with 2234 viewsRozz

Why on loan? It looks like he's going to be sold in the summer. I think Southampton with their parachute money is the obvious destination, as he's been very good for them.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat for a Championship campaign. We need a long term solution in the middle of the park as Mass and Morsy get another year older.
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 07:27 - Mar 9 with 2201 viewsearlsgreenblue

No, wanted away & got his wish, look elsewhere?
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 07:31 - Mar 9 with 2182 viewsDanTheMan

Think he'd fit into our system nicely. If he's available for the right wages, absolutely.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 07:42 - Mar 9 with 2136 viewsGlasgowBlue

If he’s available then I’d buy him. I saw during last nights game that he has the best ball retention stats in the championship. All top 5 players came from Southampton, Leeds and Leicester. Was surprised that Morsy was nowhere to be seen in those stats.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 07:59 - Mar 9 with 2071 viewsHerbivore

If we go up and Saints don't then I'd imagine he'll be someone we're in for on a permanent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 08:43 - Mar 9 with 1898 viewsStenvict

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 07:27 - Mar 9 by earlsgreenblue

Because of an idiot called Paul Cook. Under McKenna Downes would be excellent, and a perfect eventual replacement for Sam Morsy.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 08:47 - Mar 9 with 1871 viewstextbackup

Is that even an actual question? Anyone saying no clearly doesn’t want Town to be better than we already are

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 08:54 - Mar 9 with 1815 viewsMaySixth

Southampton have first dibs.

Moyes is a poor manager in terms of developing younger players.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 08:56 - Mar 9 with 1808 viewsPinewoodblue

Because of Sustainablity and profitability regulations, both EPL & EFL, the coming months are going to be like nothing many clubs have experienced before. There are going to be fire sales as clubs like Chelsea, Villa etc try to raise revenue before end of June to avoid punishment.

To take advantage we first off need to finish in the top two and gain automatic promotion. Let’s concentrate on the one match at a time philosophy. All we can do is accumulate as many points as possible.

For the record would love to see Downes back at the club.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 09:12 - Mar 9 with 1739 viewscressi

Like a ex wife never go back He/ They left for a reason.
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 09:13 - Mar 9 with 1730 viewsKieran_Knows

We tried, last summer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 09:29 - Mar 9 with 1658 viewsArnieM

Spot on. He threw his toys out of the pram and sulked when we wouldn’t consider a Palace approach. I’ve no time for him. No thanks.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 10:13 - Mar 9 with 1518 viewsNeedhamChris

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 09:29 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

Spot on. He threw his toys out of the pram and sulked when we wouldn’t consider a Palace approach. I’ve no time for him. No thanks.

You are a really sensitive soul aren't you, bless you.

It's a cut throat industry and we do it to enough youngsters too. Is he an improvement on what we have, yes. So I'd take him and think it'd be mad not to if the chance arises.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 10:29 - Mar 9 with 1460 viewsBlueBadger

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 10:13 - Mar 9 by NeedhamChris

You are a really sensitive soul aren't you, bless you.

It's a cut throat industry and we do it to enough youngsters too. Is he an improvement on what we have, yes. So I'd take him and think it'd be mad not to if the chance arises.

Given he was ranting about our midfield being 'ponderous' it's weird how you wouldn't want someone like Downes in your team.

And don't even get me started about how he somehow expected a highly promising young player who was playing under our worst-ever manager in the employ of a neglectful owner might think that wanting to be away from the club was somehow unexpected and beyond understanding.
[Post edited 9 Mar 10:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 10:34 - Mar 9 with 1440 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Some wild takes in this thread. Been one of the better players in the division this year and whether or not we go up, we should absolutely try and get him.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 10:59 - Mar 9 with 1343 viewsJon_456

I’d be more concerned with a players attitude if they did want to stay. We were a shambles back then and seeing how well we’re run now only highlights that.

Fans expect players to show loyalty to a club for their whole career yet a player has two or three bad games and fans are straight on their back saying they’re not good enough and need to be replaced.
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 11:03 - Mar 9 with 1300 viewssoclopath

Always liked the look of a chalobah good player and nice guy.
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 11:06 - Mar 9 with 1270 viewsChurchman

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 10:29 - Mar 9 by BlueBadger

Given he was ranting about our midfield being 'ponderous' it's weird how you wouldn't want someone like Downes in your team.

And don't even get me started about how he somehow expected a highly promising young player who was playing under our worst-ever manager in the employ of a neglectful owner might think that wanting to be away from the club was somehow unexpected and beyond understanding.
[Post edited 9 Mar 10:31]

Regardless of what went before and the reasons why, surely it’s about the now. Yes, we know Downes is a good Championship/lower PL player, even if West Ham don’t rate him as good enough, but what’s he like as a person? Don’t know the bloke.

The point is that the club have been very clear on the type of player it wants. Skill and ability are one thing. But what are they like as people? If they don’t buy into what the club is doing, the community stuff etc etc, they can be as skilled as Haaland but can take a hike. Not wanted.

Personally, I think that’s a great way to go and a key reason why we’ve done so well in the last couple of seasons. Would Downes buy into that? Would he want to come here (he certainly wanted away fast enough)? Only he and I suspect the club know the answer to that.
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 11:16 - Mar 9 with 1177 viewsPinewoodblue

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 11:06 - Mar 9 by Churchman

Regardless of what went before and the reasons why, surely it’s about the now. Yes, we know Downes is a good Championship/lower PL player, even if West Ham don’t rate him as good enough, but what’s he like as a person? Don’t know the bloke.

The point is that the club have been very clear on the type of player it wants. Skill and ability are one thing. But what are they like as people? If they don’t buy into what the club is doing, the community stuff etc etc, they can be as skilled as Haaland but can take a hike. Not wanted.

Personally, I think that’s a great way to go and a key reason why we’ve done so well in the last couple of seasons. Would Downes buy into that? Would he want to come here (he certainly wanted away fast enough)? Only he and I suspect the club know the answer to that.

Good question. Think it is fair to say he didn’t buy into the sh1tshow that was ITFC. No reason to believe he wouldn’t buy into what we are now.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 11:25 - Mar 9 with 1142 viewsChurchman

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 11:16 - Mar 9 by Pinewoodblue

Good question. Think it is fair to say he didn’t buy into the sh1tshow that was ITFC. No reason to believe he wouldn’t buy into what we are now.

I know plenty of people will say who cares what they are like as people of they can play? Up to the manager to ‘get a tune’ (god I hate that phrase) out of them. Wrong. What people are like as people is absolutely crucial.

If you pay no attention to that you wind up with the sh£tshow we had in Evans time. Wasters like Chopra, Bullard (once he’d trousered his dough) and the likes of the odious Bowyer and Thatcher.
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 12:01 - Mar 9 with 1030 viewscressi

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 08:43 - Mar 9 by Stenvict

Because of an idiot called Paul Cook. Under McKenna Downes would be excellent, and a perfect eventual replacement for Sam Morsy.

Not Paul Cooks fault he had to have a complete rebuild and a lot of players he brought in have been fantastic so I bear no grudges to him.
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 17:22 - Mar 9 with 842 viewsMercian

Would you take Downes back on loan? on 12:01 - Mar 9 by cressi

Not Paul Cooks fault he had to have a complete rebuild and a lot of players he brought in have been fantastic so I bear no grudges to him.

I liked Cook which cannot be said for his two predecessors, especially Lambert. He is a good manager who was a little out of his depth. I am glad he is doing well at Chesterfield. Amando Dobra is his boy and it's good to see him also doing well. I did not dislike Hurst as a man, he was just well out of his depth. Lambert though, rumours of him berating players, telling them he was much better than they could never be made him a total D-Head. Wayne Rooney was light years better than Lambert but he was loved by his players at Derby.
[Post edited 9 Mar 17:23]
Would you take Downes back on loan? on 18:40 - Mar 9 with 773 viewsJ2BLUE

If you look at it through the eyes of a player instead of as a fan it makes perfect sense. We were only going one way. He has won a European competition and played for the club he supported (I think?).

Now he's at a big club in the same division as us. It was the right career move. If we tried and he said no thanks then fair enough but if he would come back it's really a no brainer. I would imagine his preferred destination is Southampton though if West Ham do sell.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024