Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A truly silly song I've come up with 10:10 - Mar 6 with 1047 viewsKievthegreat

My Hirst was broken
My Hirst was broken
Sorrow, sorrow
Sorrow, sorrow

My Hirst was broken
My Hirst was broken
You signed Kief, you played him
He scored them and saved us

My tears are drying
My tears are drying
Thank you, thank you
Thanks you, thank you

My tears are drying
My tears are drying
Your footballing genius
Will get us promoted

While I'm worth
My seat by this turf
I will follow you
While the Kief
Gets crosses from Leif
I'll thank him
For his work
For this team
It's our team

Honestly got distracted from work and saw someone make a sunshine on Leif pun and now I've written a whole bloody (awful) ode to McKenna and his genius.

I should be ashamed, but this team is too special right now.
[Post edited 6 Mar 10:11]
A truly silly song I've come up with on 10:13 - Mar 6 with 1007 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You should be ashamed.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

A truly silly song I've come up with on 10:29 - Mar 6 with 970 viewsnoggin

Change the wording a little and you could call it Sunshine On Leif.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A truly silly song I've come up with on 10:34 - Mar 6 with 950 viewstomo

I tried to get ‘Sunshine on Leif’ going at Millwall. The fella next to me liked it but that was about it.
A truly silly song I've come up with on 10:39 - Mar 6 with 937 viewsKievthegreat

A truly silly song I've come up with on 10:34 - Mar 6 by tomo

I tried to get ‘Sunshine on Leif’ going at Millwall. The fella next to me liked it but that was about it.

I also wonder how well known it is amongst younger fans.
A truly silly song I've come up with on 10:56 - Mar 6 with 887 viewsandytown

A truly silly song I've come up with on 10:39 - Mar 6 by Kievthegreat

I also wonder how well known it is amongst younger fans.

There was a video a year or two back of Hibernian fans singing it when their chairman passed away. Sounded good.
A truly silly song I've come up with on 11:00 - Mar 6 with 876 viewsDJR

A truly silly song I've come up with on 10:56 - Mar 6 by andytown

There was a video a year or two back of Hibernian fans singing it when their chairman passed away. Sounded good.

We'll never match this.

I've said it before on here, but this song has a special significance for me as my father's parents were born in Leith, and my mother went to the same secondary school in Fife as the Proclaimers, although a few decades earlier.
[Post edited 6 Mar 11:05]
A truly silly song I've come up with on 11:16 - Mar 6 with 843 viewsDJR

A truly silly song I've come up with on 11:00 - Mar 6 by DJR

We'll never match this.

I've said it before on here, but this song has a special significance for me as my father's parents were born in Leith, and my mother went to the same secondary school in Fife as the Proclaimers, although a few decades earlier.

Here's another good version at Villa Park and without the song playing in the background.

[Post edited 6 Mar 11:19]
A truly silly song I've come up with on 11:40 - Mar 6 with 792 viewsKievthegreat

A truly silly song I've come up with on 11:16 - Mar 6 by DJR

Here's another good version at Villa Park and without the song playing in the background.

[Post edited 6 Mar 11:19]

There's a lot of club history tied up in that song for Hibs. I doubt any team to could do justice to their performances of it. A proper spine tingling song for them. Wish we had an equivalent (anthemn, not sunshine on Leif!) for Town to sing, but then it's not a thing you can just force into being. It needs to be special and organic.
Login to get fewer ads

A truly silly song I've come up with on 12:18 - Mar 6 with 747 viewsDJR

A truly silly song I've come up with on 11:40 - Mar 6 by Kievthegreat

There's a lot of club history tied up in that song for Hibs. I doubt any team to could do justice to their performances of it. A proper spine tingling song for them. Wish we had an equivalent (anthemn, not sunshine on Leif!) for Town to sing, but then it's not a thing you can just force into being. It needs to be special and organic.

Yes we need one of our own, and a bit more inspiring than Edward Ebenezer, but this is an interesting backdrop to Hibs' adoption of Sunshine on Leith.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/football/the-story-behind-how-sunshine-on-lei

Maybe Ed's the man to do it.
A truly silly song I've come up with on 13:10 - Mar 6 with 709 viewsnorth_stand77

A truly silly song I've come up with on 11:00 - Mar 6 by DJR

We'll never match this.

This gives me goosebumps, no matter how many times I hear it. Fantastic song
A truly silly song I've come up with on 13:21 - Mar 6 with 679 viewsVanSaParody

A truly silly song I've come up with on 11:40 - Mar 6 by Kievthegreat

How about this "anthem"...
Baddiel, Skinner & Lightning Seeds "Three Lions", but link is to US music humour site Amiright who've published parody lyrics "Three Stars (Ipswich Town)"

I think next match at PR, if/when we're in front on either 62 mins (or 78 or 81 mins), we should all tap the link & use it like a lyric sheet to belt it out all round the ground!

If not, just have a chuckle!

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/baddielskinnerlightningseeds1.shtml
[Post edited 6 Mar 13:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024