Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The thing that struck me most last night ... 09:24 - Mar 6 with 3002 viewsSomethingBlue

... was how relatively calm I felt, and everyone around me in NS seemed to feel, when the penalty was saved. Could have been a huge sliding doors moment in our season but it just seemed clear to everyone that we'd go again and get at least one more huge chance to win. I see McKenna has said something similar and he's right. Incredible response from the team to it, most of all – the mentality of these guys is something very, very special.

What else to say? Perhaps the craziest and most dramatic, enthralling conclusion to a match in a rapidly increasing list. Bristol City did a very good job on us but we have the ability to absolutely transform a game in its final quarter and, as long as we keep most of our weapons fit, it will continue to serve us brilliantly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The thing that struck me most last night ... on 14:02 - Mar 6 with 381 viewsReus30

Agreed OP, I wasn't worried when Ali missed, you could just feel we were scoring a winner.

To be fair to the crowd 2nd half, at times it felt like they were sucking it into the net.
The thing that struck me most last night ... on 14:05 - Mar 6 with 365 viewsSE1blue

The thing that struck me most last night ... on 11:04 - Mar 6 by baxterbasics

I think the worst point for me was when their second goal went in. I thought even we didn't have enough time left to grab the three points at that stage.

Always delighted to have my pessimism proved wrong though.

I can't remember which game it was last season but Aluko was co-commentator and he made an interesting point about the players being coached on how many chances they can create in a short period of time.

In the game he was commentating on, we desperately needed to come back with time running out. I can't remember what he said but it was something along the lines of knowing that with 5 minutes left that the team would know we could create at least 3 more clear scoring chances.

It was being coached as a positive opportunity and not a desperate moment.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

The thing that struck me most last night ... on 15:40 - Mar 6 with 276 viewsCrayonKing

The thing that struck me most last night ... on 09:31 - Mar 6 by BiGDonnie

I was absolutely gutted when he missed it.

Also, I think it's the worst penalty I've ever seen. Passing it 2 feet to the keepers right. WTF.

I thought the keeper did well. It was one of those penalties where AAH was waiting for the keeper to move so he could slot it the other side. Keeper faked that he was going to dive left, AH fell for it and rolled it to his right where he had an easy save. Smart goalkeeping and one of those penalty styles that always looks bad when you miss
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024