Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Last 20 Minutes 07:43 - Mar 6 with 2629 viewsChurchman

Including the eight minutes extra time the 20 mins after BC made it 2-1 were extraordinary. We’d struggled to get anywhere against a good Bristol City side then all hell broke loose. The thing that impressed me most though was after Davis made it 3-2.

Instead of shutting the door as is normal, we set about trying to bury them like a bone in the back yard in additional time. I can’t recall seeing a team do that in those circumstances.

What a team.
The Last 20 Minutes on 07:47 - Mar 6 with 2562 viewsMillsTash

Taylor hitting the post - thought that was them done!
The Last 20 Minutes on 07:51 - Mar 6 with 2532 viewsnorfsufblue

If ever a teams best form of defence is attack.... that is us.... thought we actually managed the 8 minutes superbly.
The Last 20 Minutes on 07:55 - Mar 6 with 2497 viewsJeff_winger

A couple of times we tried to keep it in the corner,
Both times we failed miserably and magic Jez tapped it out for a goal kick.

We are definitely better at attacking , holding it in the corner really doesn't suit us
The Last 20 Minutes on 08:05 - Mar 6 with 2423 viewsSaleAway

The Last 20 Minutes on 07:55 - Mar 6 by Jeff_winger

We are definitely better at attacking , holding it in the corner really doesn't suit us

I was going to comment on this. Or efforts at holding it on the corner we're woeful.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

The Last 20 Minutes on 08:07 - Mar 6 with 2407 viewsDanTheMan

The Last 20 Minutes on 08:05 - Mar 6 by SaleAway

I was going to comment on this. Or efforts at holding it on the corner we're woeful.

It's one thing that Harness and Jackson are really good at when they come on.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Last 20 Minutes on 08:11 - Mar 6 with 2381 viewsnorfsufblue

The Last 20 Minutes on 07:55 - Mar 6 by Jeff_winger

It was quite funny watching those being taken from Churchmans... by the time the ball was in play there was hardly anyone in the box🤣🤣
The Last 20 Minutes on 08:25 - Mar 6 with 2308 viewsChurchman

The Last 20 Minutes on 07:51 - Mar 6 by norfsufblue

If ever a teams best form of defence is attack.... that is us.... thought we actually managed the 8 minutes superbly.

Totally agree with that. The opposition can’t do much I’d they are being hit about the head at the other end. They’d better check that post is alright after Taylor’s hit.
Superb stuff on 08:29 - Mar 6 with 2291 viewsDyland

All the mistakes and patchy play is swept away cos that's what football is to the fans. The management will no doubt be picking many bones out of the performance overall as they always do. What a team, squad and staff. COYFB.

Loving oppo fans wetting their beds on socials about us being lucky, especially cos they are in such a small minority. Most are very complimentary... even pundits like Huckerby, who remarked you win games like this by keeping the pressure on and fair play to Town. Fair play to Huckerby.

The commentators* last night were as bad as the first half play, but not as bad as the ref. Absolute sh1tshow. We all make mistakes and that's part of life, and should be part of the game, but he had no control at all and even if you're being sh1te and inconsistent, the one thing you must have is control.

*The pundits afterwards were gushing however :)
[Post edited 6 Mar 8:29]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

The Last 20 Minutes on 08:31 - Mar 6 with 2257 views3_5_2

Agree plus our game management in the last 2/3 minutes (around the corner flag) is so much better

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Bang on on 08:31 - Mar 6 with 2255 viewsDyland

The Last 20 Minutes on 07:51 - Mar 6 by norfsufblue

Attack, attack, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

Squeaky bum game but that's what it's about.

What a massive arfs season this is, whatever happens.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The Last 20 Minutes on 08:42 - Mar 6 with 2185 viewsEuropablue

That cross that Burns put in for Taylor was a great example to follow. Burns took his time with it, and instead of killing time in the corner, he spotted a great pass. Players often get criticized for not just keeping it in the corner to run the clock down, but it's a much better tactic to pass it around with low-risk passes until there is an opening or the clock runs down.
Al Hamidi demonstrated that he still needs a bit of adjustment to the way he plays, he gave away two goal kicks when we could have just played it about comfortably. However, his enthusiasm and force of will is impressive. No doubt he will be like Hutchinson and tweak his game and get better and better.
The Last 20 Minutes on 10:19 - Mar 6 with 1966 viewsnoggin

I watched the game in a sports bar. There was a large number of Leeds fans there and all but one of the many screens were showing the Leeds game. When their game ended, most of them finished their drinks and just as they were leaving, we got the penalty. Oh how they cheered the miss as they left the building.
So, they left, thinking we'd blown it. I so wish they'd stayed til the end to see their smug faces when we won it. COYB.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The Last 20 Minutes on 10:24 - Mar 6 with 1933 viewsBluespeed225

The Last 20 Minutes on 08:42 - Mar 6 by Europablue

That cross that Burns put in for Taylor was a great example to follow. Burns took his time with it, and instead of killing time in the corner, he spotted a great pass. Players often get criticized for not just keeping it in the corner to run the clock down, but it's a much better tactic to pass it around with low-risk passes until there is an opening or the clock runs down.
Al Hamidi demonstrated that he still needs a bit of adjustment to the way he plays, he gave away two goal kicks when we could have just played it about comfortably. However, his enthusiasm and force of will is impressive. No doubt he will be like Hutchinson and tweak his game and get better and better.

I hate that holding in the corner thing. Anyone remember that Sheff Weds game a few years ago where we tried to hold it in the corners with about 5 minutes plus added time to go. We couldn’t and they scored! Scarred me ever since.
The Last 20 Minutes on 10:56 - Mar 6 with 1849 viewsblue_curacao

None the less, I loved the attempted sh1thousery nature of it :)
The Last 20 Minutes on 11:09 - Mar 6 with 1814 viewswischip

I hope the last 30 minutes or so of that match goes up on YouTube or somewhere. So I can watch it for inspiration to start the day.
The Last 20 Minutes on 12:31 - Mar 6 with 1648 viewsWicklowBlue

The Last 20 Minutes on 10:24 - Mar 6 by Bluespeed225

I hate that holding in the corner thing. Anyone remember that Sheff Weds game a few years ago where we tried to hold it in the corners with about 5 minutes plus added time to go. We couldn’t and they scored! Scarred me ever since.

That was Sears wasn't it? The annoyance is coming flooding back to me again!
The Last 20 Minutes on 12:39 - Mar 6 with 1587 viewsStenvict

The Last 20 Minutes on 10:24 - Mar 6 by Bluespeed225

I'm scarred from Barnsley away about 15 years ago, when we did similar and conceded.

Poll: What will be announced first?

The Last 20 Minutes on 12:47 - Mar 6 with 1523 viewsCoastalblue

It's what we do though isn't it?

No matter we're a goal down and been second best for an hour, we know that in the last 20-30 we are are going to test teams out and more than likely find a way.

At no point last night did I think we'd lose, and was pretty sure we weren't going to draw either. The guy alongside me was fretting hugely before the penalty and I genuinely didn't feel too concerned, even if we missed it, spoiler we did, I still felt we'd find another way.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The Last 20 Minutes on 12:49 - Mar 6 with 1506 viewsEuropablue

The Last 20 Minutes on 11:09 - Mar 6 by wischip

I hope the last 30 minutes or so of that match goes up on YouTube or somewhere. So I can watch it for inspiration to start the day.

You can watch full match replays on Town TV.
The Last 20 Minutes on 13:34 - Mar 6 with 1401 viewsSaleAway

The Last 20 Minutes on 12:39 - Mar 6 by Stenvict

I'm scarred from Barnsley away about 15 years ago, when we did similar and conceded.

I'm still scarred from Ainsley Maitland-Niles trying to see it out....

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

The Last 20 Minutes on 19:08 - Mar 6 with 1127 viewsSharkey

Noublé’s forté
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024