Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings 10:11 - Mar 4 with 2478 viewsDubtractor

The top 4 has looked fairly set for a few months, but it now looks like a fairly small group of teams battling for 5th and 6th, with Coventry in 9th being the lowest still with a realistic shout. There is a small handful of teams where the season is effectively over, and then most of the bottom half needing wins to avoid being sucked into what looks like being a really nasty relegation scrap.

The play off chase seems to have been narrowed down in recent weeks with a few mid table teams losing form, and whereas not long ago Wednesday and QPR looked doomed, I think both will now stay up.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:21 - Mar 4 with 2395 viewsSomethingBlue

Hadn't quite realised how crazy the situation at the bottom is. Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds this Friday looks like an absolute cracker on current form btw, all bets off there.

Good to see Boro and Watford dropping off as both are very much "could turn you over on their day" teams and it'd be handy if they're halfway to the beach during a very testing April for us. Those visits to Norwich/Coventry/Hull will I imagine be defining.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:27 - Mar 4 with 2344 viewsEuropablue

You didn't mention that top spot is now no longer a formality.
The top three could be Leicester, Ipswich, and Leeds in any order. Ipswich effectively having an extra one-point disadvantage due to goal difference.
I would argue that Southampton look pretty nailed on for fourth place now.
Fifth and sixth looks like two from West Brom, Hull, and Norwich. If I had to predict, it would be West Brom and Norwich.
The best result would be Ipswich being promoted automatically and Norwich winning the playoffs and us stuffing them in the Premier League next season.
At the bottom of the league even though Sheffield Wednesday are effectively 4 points back, you'd have to back them to get out of it and it's difficult to imagine QPR falling back now, but other than Rotherham it is very difficult to predict who the other two relegated teams will be Plymouth and Blackburn appear to be in a very precarious situation alongside Stoke. Birmingham looked better and you'd imagine that they would pull away having played fairly well and lost against Ipswich and Southampton. Millwall and Huddersfield have improved slightly recently, but not enough to get them safe.
The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:31 - Mar 4 with 2307 viewsHerbivore

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:21 - Mar 4 by SomethingBlue

Hadn't quite realised how crazy the situation at the bottom is. Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds this Friday looks like an absolute cracker on current form btw, all bets off there.

Good to see Boro and Watford dropping off as both are very much "could turn you over on their day" teams and it'd be handy if they're halfway to the beach during a very testing April for us. Those visits to Norwich/Coventry/Hull will I imagine be defining.

On current form, it's not impossible that Coventry are out of the race for 6th and Hull have cemented a play off place by the time we get to those games. Here's hoping anyway. Could do with Norwich losing one or two, they are ridiculously streaky under Wagner and seem to go on a bad run off the back of one or two poor results, but then they can also go on decent unbeaten runs off the back of a couple of spawny results.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:33 - Mar 4 with 2293 viewsSomethingBlue

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:27 - Mar 4 by Europablue

The top three could be Leicester, Ipswich, and Leeds in any order. Ipswich effectively having an extra one-point disadvantage due to goal difference.
Fifth and sixth looks like two from West Brom, Hull, and Norwich. If I had to predict, it would be West Brom and Norwich.
The best result would be Ipswich being promoted automatically and Norwich winning the playoffs and us stuffing them in the Premier League next season.
At the bottom of the league even though Sheffield Wednesday are effectively 4 points back, you'd have to back them to get out of it and it's difficult to imagine QPR falling back now, but other than Rotherham it is very difficult to predict who the other two relegated teams will be Plymouth and Blackburn appear to be in a very precarious situation alongside Stoke. Birmingham looked better and you'd imagine that they would pull away having played fairly well and lost against Ipswich and Southampton. Millwall and Huddersfield have improved slightly recently, but not enough to get them safe.

As long as we went up automatically then, for me, it'd be a win/win situation if Norwich got to the play-offs – brilliant if they miss out but I'd also really love to see an East Anglian derby in the Premier League again and if that's next season then wonderful.

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:43 - Mar 4 with 2220 viewstractorboy1978

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:33 - Mar 4 by SomethingBlue

As long as we went up automatically then, for me, it'd be a win/win situation if Norwich got to the play-offs – brilliant if they miss out but I'd also really love to see an East Anglian derby in the Premier League again and if that's next season then wonderful.

Nah, screw them. Not going up will really set them back, they need promotion badly. They've pulled out a pair of aces too many times recently and it's about time we assert our dominance again.
The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:47 - Mar 4 with 2181 viewsBuhrer

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:27 - Mar 4 by Europablue

Surely the best result would be we get autos and last day, last second, last kick of their game, the scum go from being in the playoffs, to finishing 7th. Then they fire sale for several seasons of misery before dropping into league 1 anonymity forever.
The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:49 - Mar 4 with 2149 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I think you rule out Southampton at your peril. Granted they have difficult games against the top 3, but they’re also opportunities to close the gap. I think 1st place may be out of reach, but they’re still very much in the hunt for 2nd

Poll: Our final position

Partly yes on 10:51 - Mar 4 with 2125 viewsDyland

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:47 - Mar 4 by Buhrer

Surely the best result would be we get autos and last day, last second, last kick of their game, the scum go from being in the playoffs, to finishing 7th. Then they fire sale for several seasons of misery before dropping into league 1 anonymity forever.

But I don't want the scum to be in L1 or 2 anonymity forever, cos I want to play (and ideally stuff) them from time to time, and I don't want us to be dropping down there again. Ideally :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:53 - Mar 4 with 2108 viewsSomethingBlue

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:43 - Mar 4 by tractorboy1978

Nah, screw them. Not going up will really set them back, they need promotion badly. They've pulled out a pair of aces too many times recently and it's about time we assert our dominance again.

I can completely go along with this too!

Same here on 10:56 - Mar 4 with 2080 viewsDyland

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:53 - Mar 4 by SomethingBlue

I can completely go along with this too!

Fook parachute payments.... currently :)

Having to cut their cloth failing to go up, wipe that delusional air of success off some of their faces, and they can feel some of our pain from the last fifteen odd years.

Fook 'em, but not to the extent they languish forever cos the derbies are good.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:02 - Mar 4 with 2034 viewspositivity

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:49 - Mar 4 by southnorfolkblue

I think you rule out Southampton at your peril. Granted they have difficult games against the top 3, but they’re also opportunities to close the gap. I think 1st place may be out of reach, but they’re still very much in the hunt for 2nd

definitely not over for soton; 3 weeks ago we were 18 points behind leicester, so still time for teams to make a run

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:11 - Mar 4 with 1940 viewsSitfcB

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:33 - Mar 4 by SomethingBlue

It certainly wouldn’t be the end of the world if we go up automatically and they come up through the play-offs, as you say, the derby in the Premier League - amazing - once in a lifetime thing maybe.

But at the same time I won’t be willing them to win and would be lovely if they stayed down.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:19 - Mar 4 with 1877 viewstonybied

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:11 - Mar 4 by SitfcB

It certainly wouldn’t be the end of the world if we go up automatically and they come up through the play-offs, as you say, the derby in the Premier League - amazing - once in a lifetime thing maybe.

But at the same time I won’t be willing them to win and would be lovely if they stayed down.

I agree with that, I think it'd be superb to beat them in the Premier league again, it's been such a long time coming!

It would be hilarious to see them just miss out on getting into the playoffs though and the aftermath of losing their parachute payments would be a good chuckle too. I know they have a few saleable assets but that would just put them on even ground and would mean they would have to get it massively right on the cheap just to stay where they are. I don't think they now have the infrastructure in place to do that without a huge slice of fortune being involved.
The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:21 - Mar 4 with 1863 viewsEuropablue

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 10:49 - Mar 4 by southnorfolkblue

I would only rule out Southampton from the top two because that would require a big drop off in form from at least two of Leicester, Ipswich, and Leeds (for Leicester, it would be more like a continuation of form).
I'd say Southampton are still in with a shout for third place, but if they go into the last day of the season against Leeds playing for third place, I think they would lose that one.
The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:24 - Mar 4 with 1840 viewsEuropablue

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:19 - Mar 4 by tonybied

I agree with that, I think it'd be superb to beat them in the Premier league again, it's been such a long time coming!

It would be hilarious to see them just miss out on getting into the playoffs though and the aftermath of losing their parachute payments would be a good chuckle too. I know they have a few saleable assets but that would just put them on even ground and would mean they would have to get it massively right on the cheap just to stay where they are. I don't think they now have the infrastructure in place to do that without a huge slice of fortune being involved.

It would be win-win as long as we get automatically promoted that is. Playing Norwich in the playoffs and winning would be amazing, especially at Wembley, but anything can happen in the playoffs as it's a bit of a lottery.
The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:36 - Mar 4 with 1773 viewstonybied

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:24 - Mar 4 by Europablue

It would be win-win as long as we get automatically promoted that is. Playing Norwich in the playoffs and winning would be amazing, especially at Wembley, but anything can happen in the playoffs as it's a bit of a lottery.

Yup, I literally want nothing to do with the playoffs if they get into them. The thought of losing to them massively outweighs how amazing the chance of beating them at Wembley in the final would be. Games in the playoffs seldom stick to the script, do they? I feel a little bit sick already just thinking about meeting them in the playoffs, I dread to think how I'll feel if that becomes a reality.
[Post edited 4 Mar 11:37]
The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:53 - Mar 4 with 1662 viewsElephantintheRoom

Although it’s not so much ‘current form’ as much as future form or lack of which will probably define the table at both ends. In that respect a sudden return to winning ways or an ill timed blip will be decisive - and one or two might have peaked too soon.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Partly yes on 11:58 - Mar 4 with 1647 viewsBuhrer

Partly yes on 10:51 - Mar 4 by Dyland

But I don't want the scum to be in L1 or 2 anonymity forever, cos I want to play (and ideally stuff) them from time to time, and I don't want us to be dropping down there again. Ideally :)

Okay. Best result, they have some years of misery in L1, then climb phoenix like to the Prem where we've been waiting, for us to relegate them last game of the season 2029/30 0-10 at Carrot Road, repeating every few seasons forever and all shall be well.
The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 12:09 - Mar 4 with 1593 viewsEuropablue

The league table is now fairly set in terms of groupings on 11:53 - Mar 4 by ElephantintheRoom

Although it’s not so much ‘current form’ as much as future form or lack of which will probably define the table at both ends. In that respect a sudden return to winning ways or an ill timed blip will be decisive - and one or two might have peaked too soon.

A team can only peak too soon in terms of fitness, or something else like mental strength, but not results.
In terms of form, it would appear that at least Leeds, Ipswich, QPR, and Sheffield Wednesday, and maybe Norwich and West Brom (at their respective levels) are set in a pattern that they will continue to the end of the season.
Both Leicester and Southampton are capable of putting a run together, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of togetherness at Leicester and Southampton are either in the middle of a wobble or at the end of one with some nasty-looking fixtures, but as others have stated they have potential to make significant gains by beating the sides at the top.
Partly yes on 16:54 - Mar 4 with 1329 viewspeterleeblue

Partly yes on 11:58 - Mar 4 by Buhrer

Okay. Best result, they have some years of misery in L1, then climb phoenix like to the Prem where we've been waiting, for us to relegate them last game of the season 2029/30 0-10 at Carrot Road, repeating every few seasons forever and all shall be well.

Surely Utopia has to be winning at Carrow Road to clinch an automatic place and celebrate in their back yard.
Partly yes on 19:29 - Mar 4 with 1213 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Partly yes on 10:51 - Mar 4 by Dyland

Would you settle for being drawn against them in a cup competition every now and then?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Partly yes on 14:40 - Mar 5 with 970 viewspositivity

Partly yes on 19:29 - Mar 4 by You_Bloo_Right

Would you settle for being drawn against them in a cup competition every now and then?

pizza cup against our u-21s would do me

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024