Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£16 a pack! 09:24 - Feb 28 with 3643 viewsITFCson

Does anyone on here smoke regular cigerettes purchased in this country? Even if it can be afforded I cannot fathom how anyone could justify paying such a price!
£16 a pack! on 15:06 - Feb 28 with 702 views_clive_baker_

£16 a pack! on 13:41 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

The number of vape flavours is insane.

Clearly an industry growing at a massive rate.

Like candy innit. I cringe every time I'm in a queue and hear a grown adult say 'can I have a cherry berry and ice cream Elf bar please?' or some such like.
£16 a pack! on 15:06 - Feb 28 with 701 viewsgiant_stow

£16 a pack! on 09:28 - Feb 28 by DanTheMan

Addiction can make things very simple to justify in your own mind, unfortunately.

I only know one person who smokes now, hoping this might be the kicker for him to stop.

I'm hopelessly addicted to cigs - 20 a day - the price-rises haven't stopped me, despite earning f-all. In fact, I'm the typical stereotype pauper who can't afford his vices that you read about in the Tory press (minus the abuse of the benefits system).

So proud.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

£16 a pack! on 15:11 - Feb 28 with 677 viewsChurchman

£16 a pack! on 11:40 - Feb 28 by Ewan_Oozami

You should see the current price of Battenberg! Ludicrous! Mr Kipling must be raking it in!

You can’t smoke window cake!! That’s a crime against the glory that is Battenberg! I suppose given it’s quite sticky it should be easy to roll up.

I have to say £16 for a pack of cigarettes sounds a heck of a lot. I really can’t remember what I was paying back in the day but it in relative terms I’m sure it was a lot less than that.
[Post edited 28 Feb 15:59]
£16 a pack! on 15:18 - Feb 28 with 672 viewsGlasgowBlue

£16 a pack! on 12:42 - Feb 28 by DanTheMan

My dad was similar, although he did massively cut down. The damage had already been done though.

My dad quit the day he was told he had 18 months left to live. Which is a bit like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

£16 a pack! on 16:03 - Feb 28 with 642 viewsjontysnut

£16 a pack! on 12:42 - Feb 28 by DanTheMan

My dad was similar, although he did massively cut down. The damage had already been done though.

My mum and dad both smoked like chimbleys (to quote the Singing Postman). Woodbines, Senior Service, Embassy Plain not a filter in sight. My dad gave up overnight at about 50. My mum carried to the end with foot long Super Kings. She died at 60. The old man is still going at 92.
I used to mix my own liquid.... on 16:08 - Feb 28 with 627 viewsBloots

£16 a pack! on 15:06 - Feb 28 by _clive_baker_

Like candy innit. I cringe every time I'm in a queue and hear a grown adult say 'can I have a cherry berry and ice cream Elf bar please?' or some such like.

...my preference was:

75% menthol
20% spearmint
3% watermelon
2% aniseed

A cheeky little number.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and tremendously exquisite.

£16 a pack! on 16:38 - Feb 28 with 578 viewsChondzoresk

20 Burns on and Stenches please, oh and a pack of Endmessy Number 1.

My Father died from a smoking related disease. Just give it up if you do smoke.
£16 a pack! on 16:48 - Feb 28 with 546 viewsEwan_Oozami

£16 a pack! on 15:11 - Feb 28 by Churchman

You can’t smoke window cake!! That’s a crime against the glory that is Battenberg! I suppose given it’s quite sticky it should be easy to roll up.

I have to say £16 for a pack of cigarettes sounds a heck of a lot. I really can’t remember what I was paying back in the day but it in relative terms I’m sure it was a lot less than that.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0531317/quotes/?item=qt0155486

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

£16 a pack! on 17:52 - Feb 28 with 504 viewsbluelagos

I gave up 20+ years ago - started to get a smokers cough and that was enough for me.

The cost - how's this for some dodgy logic. It was about £7 a pack but in Nigeria I only paid $1 a pack. So every pack I smoked saved me £6...

Those asking why people don't give up - think it's as simple as it's addictive. Past yer teenage years (wanting to fit in) don't think anyone wants to still smoke do they?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

£16 a pack! on 17:54 - Feb 28 with 498 viewsbluelagos

£16 a pack! on 15:18 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

My dad quit the day he was told he had 18 months left to live. Which is a bit like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted.

My bro-in-law used to sneak into the garden for a fag at the hospice in his final days with cancer.

The no smoking policy did seem a bit silly tbh - though no one gave a fck if you were outside.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

£16 a pack! on 17:55 - Feb 28 with 494 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

£16 a pack! on 15:11 - Feb 28 by Churchman

Cake is a made up drug

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

£16 a pack! on 17:56 - Feb 28 with 494 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

£16 a pack! on 09:36 - Feb 28 by MattinLondon

I think that if someone is addicted to them then that person will be able to justify the expense. In the same way that a regular pub goer can justify a couple pints per day or a gambler can justify a daily flatter. Thankfully smoking is on the way down.

Off topic, but I only just found out that Menthol cigarette were banned a few years ago - but how can they be banned but so many different flavours for vapes are allowed. Does t seem to make sense.

It’s also a creeping cost - obviously the weekly/monthly/yearly cost is huge but the latest rises are just a few extra quid a week…

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

£16 a pack! on 17:58 - Feb 28 with 487 viewsNthQldITFC

£16 a pack! on 15:18 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

I'm kind of hopeful I get a reliable ETA when my time comes - I've got a few grand put aside in the hope that I can afford to enjoy a final pack or two in my last few months!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

£16 a pack! on 18:04 - Feb 28 with 471 viewsMeadowlark

£16 a pack! on 17:52 - Feb 28 by bluelagos

I gave up 20+ years ago - started to get a smokers cough and that was enough for me.

The cost - how's this for some dodgy logic. It was about £7 a pack but in Nigeria I only paid $1 a pack. So every pack I smoked saved me £6...

Those asking why people don't give up - think it's as simple as it's addictive. Past yer teenage years (wanting to fit in) don't think anyone wants to still smoke do they?

I worked in Zaire on a job back in the early 80s I think it was a quid for a stick of grass/200 Marlborough/a bottle of whisky.
I managed to get the cigs and whisky through customs at Kinshasa without paying a bribe. I left the grass behind!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024