Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. 19:11 - Feb 26 with 2888 viewscbower

1 point off relegation with teams below 2 and 3 games in hand. There but for the grace of God and all that. Was that the destination of ITFC had Evans continued his disinterested tenure?

bluescouser

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 19:17 - Feb 26 with 2853 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Good. There were some right mouthy tvvats outside after that 4-4 away game, claiming we weren't good enough to go up. He who laughs last and all that.
[Post edited 26 Feb 21:34]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 20:44 - Feb 26 with 2591 viewsSitfcB

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 19:17 - Feb 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Good. There were some right mouthy tvvats outside after that 4-4 away game, claiming we weren't good enough to go up. He who laughs last and all that.

…and that was just our fans!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 20:47 - Feb 26 with 2580 viewsDubtractor

Fair play to Cheltenham in League one. Went about 13 games without even scoring, let alone winning, but now with a real shout of staying up.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 21:26 - Feb 26 with 2410 viewsHorsham

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 19:17 - Feb 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

After we beat them 6-0?

My best pal is Charlton

I think they are a good bunch by and large. In particular those that went through being kicked out of the Valley and the Selhurst years.

Seems to be an increase in tvvats amongst them now though but isn’t that generally true. I fondly remember drinking with Sheffield Wednesday fans year ago…now they seem to be collectively reviled.
Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 21:34 - Feb 26 with 2354 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 21:26 - Feb 26 by Horsham

After we beat them 6-0?

My best pal is Charlton

I think they are a good bunch by and large. In particular those that went through being kicked out of the Valley and the Selhurst years.

Seems to be an increase in tvvats amongst them now though but isn’t that generally true. I fondly remember drinking with Sheffield Wednesday fans year ago…now they seem to be collectively reviled.

Whoops, no, the away game, 4-4. Have edited.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 21:40 - Feb 26 with 2319 viewsgainsboroughblue

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 21:34 - Feb 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

You beast. Bringing up the 4-4 game on the night I'm already sitting here being reminded of Maidstone.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 21:42 - Feb 26 with 2292 viewsSitfcB

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 21:34 - Feb 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Think that was obvious to most.

COYB

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 22:01 - Feb 26 with 2190 viewsHorsham

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 21:42 - Feb 26 by SitfcB

Think that was obvious to most.

Oh terrible sorry just because the man wrote ‘the last time we played them’ I thought he meant the last time we played them. I don’t think there’s any need to be a prick about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 22:04 - Feb 26 with 2172 viewsnodge_blue

I saw on Saturday Freddie was on the bench even though they played two up front.

Then both Charlton forwards were subbed but Freddie still didn't come on.

Think he will be coming back in the Summer, or more likely contract paid up.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 22:05 - Feb 26 with 2159 viewsSitfcB

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 22:01 - Feb 26 by Horsham

Oh terrible sorry just because the man wrote ‘the last time we played them’ I thought he meant the last time we played them. I don’t think there’s any need to be a prick about it.

COYB

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 22:11 - Feb 26 with 2121 viewsHorsham

They were insufferable after that even though most had exited prematurely!
Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 22:13 - Feb 26 with 2095 viewscressi

I like a day out at Charlton and most London clubs. Know a couple of Charlton supporters and respect for not supporting a top 5 glory hunting London side or worse a northern team so I say good luck and hope they stay up.
Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 22:30 - Feb 26 with 2003 viewsChurchman

Yes, I believe so. The club was rotten from the top down. I believe we’d have been either in L2 or heading towards it.

As for Charlton it’s about the nearest league club to me. I’ve been a fair amount over the years and know a few of their supporters. They’ve certainly lost their way since Curbishley ‘took them as far as he could’.

Early in 2004 a work acquaintance and CAFC season ticket holder had a spare ticket and invited me to go. Midweek, why not? They played and hammered Villa 3-0. The bloke who invited me though at half time for a laugh loudly announced who I followed. I was then asked less than politely why I followed that ‘bunch of w@nkers’. How we’d ever play them again. Had I considered switching to a proper club? Why follow a Mickey Mouse one? Etc etc.

I could have ‘responded’ but that would have ended in a police interview and worse. I kept my silence, as a ‘guest’ and while my acquaintance apologised afterwards, I again kept my silence, had a beer and left. One day, thought I. One ffing day.

In 2014 we played a game there at lunchtime. I went with a Mackem mate - my dad couldn’t go. We of course scored with the last kick of the game. I went berserk. I gestured and swore from afar. Suck it up you ***ts! My mackem mate also worked with the mush that had embarrassed me and knew the story. He threw as many insults as me, esp having been at their Wembley play off final. God we got drunk that afternoon. He views them as a tinpot nothing club in a B&Q stadium.

Nine years later we played them at home. The 6-0 hiding of a lifetime. Final redemption and I’ve nearly forgiven them. If they plunge to L2, I’ll finally let it go.

So relegation? Oh dear, never mind.
Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 22:37 - Feb 26 with 1958 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Very similar to us in the Evans years, Charlton, despite new ownership seem to be in terminal decline. My old boss jacked in his Charlton season ticket after 30+ years as he was so disheartened (now going non league instead). I like them as a club, as others have said they are real football fans not the plastics at Arsenal and Chelsea etc.

Reckon Freddie is in for a tough run in to the end of the season!
Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 07:19 - Feb 27 with 1683 viewsRegencyBlue

Without question!

There was only one way we were going under Evans and that was a relentless decline to oblivion.
Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 08:12 - Feb 27 with 1455 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

They have got a good enough squad that should be nowhere near where it is. I thought when they signed Alfie May in the summer, that they would go and kick on a bit but it seems like they've gone the opposite way and are in real danger.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 08:27 - Feb 27 with 1400 viewsfarkenhell

I've never liked Charlton since they bought Hreiddarson, Holland and Bent from us for a pittance.
Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 11:43 - Feb 27 with 1106 viewsChurchman

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 08:27 - Feb 27 by farkenhell

I've never liked Charlton since they bought Hreiddarson, Holland and Bent from us for a pittance.

There’s that too. Grrr. Never forget!
Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 16:03 - Feb 27 with 868 viewsRadlett_blue

Jeez, Charlton are in real danger of going down. on 22:13 - Feb 26 by cressi

I like a day out at Charlton and most London clubs. Know a couple of Charlton supporters and respect for not supporting a top 5 glory hunting London side or worse a northern team so I say good luck and hope they stay up.

And my late father was a member of Charlton's largest ever crowd of 75,031, FA Cup 5th round v Aston Villa in 1938, so I have a slight soft spot for them.
I also enjoy hearing The Skids before a match there.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024