Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What can I do with 12 sash weights? 15:49 - Feb 25 with 2031 viewsGavTWTD

They're long, large cucumber shaped weights, varying from 12 to 15lbs each. The sash windows were removed many moons ago but they left the boxes in when they fitted double glazing. We've now replaced those and removed the boxes and weights but I felt I wanted to keep some of the heritige but now lumbered with them. Theyre made of iron so limited scrap value id have thought.

Any thoughts TWTD hive mind?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Earrings? (n/t) on 15:51 - Feb 25 with 1994 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 15:57 - Feb 25 with 1959 viewsNthQldITFC

Norwich City FC are after some mementos to place in an empty glass-fronted cupboard they have sitting unused in a room with a nailed down yellow and green carpet.

Some 'cucumber growing trophies' albeit not fairly won, and albeit iron not silver, might do them very nicely?

01603 721902, ask for Christopher.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 15:58 - Feb 25 with 1949 viewsGuthrum

Put them on ebay. Or one of those freecycle-type sites.

Alternatively, put them in the garden and eventually they'll rust away.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 16:21 - Feb 25 with 1892 viewsKeno

Use them as keep fit aids old dumbells

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 17:21 - Feb 25 with 1795 viewsLord_Lucan

Boat anchors

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 17:24 - Feb 25 with 1782 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Keep them for putting through shop windows during the looting brought on by the inevitable end of society.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 17:29 - Feb 25 with 1766 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Can they be tied to the bottom edges of the banner flown at the front of Cobbold A, to stop the wind whipping it up and over the balcony rail?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 17:33 - Feb 25 with 1728 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Use them for weighing things down.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 18:24 - Feb 25 with 1675 viewsghostofescobar

Very good for weighing down a dead body if you are thinking of getting rid of said body in some deep water. Just don’t wrap the body in anything that will easily deteriorate, such as a bed sheet. Go for heavy duty polythene sheeting and wrap the body really tight, to keep any air out. And fresh water is much, much better than salt. Never go for salt water. Or someone will probably want them on eBay as a nice old fashioned ornament type thing.

GhostOfEscobar

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 18:33 - Feb 25 with 1654 viewsKeno

Shine and polish them and flog them eBay as an antique sex toy?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 18:57 - Feb 25 with 1623 viewsMK1

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 18:24 - Feb 25 by ghostofescobar

Very good for weighing down a dead body if you are thinking of getting rid of said body in some deep water. Just don’t wrap the body in anything that will easily deteriorate, such as a bed sheet. Go for heavy duty polythene sheeting and wrap the body really tight, to keep any air out. And fresh water is much, much better than salt. Never go for salt water. Or someone will probably want them on eBay as a nice old fashioned ornament type thing.

You seem alarmingly well informed.
What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 19:03 - Feb 25 with 1593 viewsRegencyBlue

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 18:24 - Feb 25 by ghostofescobar

Phil has been remarkably quiet recently!
What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 19:07 - Feb 25 with 1581 viewsGavTWTD

These are all excellent suggestions. I think I'll stick them in the garden until I want to dispose of a body/build muscle etc

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 19:26 - Feb 25 with 1540 viewsNthQldITFC

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 18:33 - Feb 25 by Keno

Shine and polish them and flog them eBay as an antique sex toy?

A 'love joy', if you will.

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 19:59 - Feb 25 with 1493 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 19:26 - Feb 25 by NthQldITFC

A 'love joy', if you will.

Definitely worth an uppy !

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 20:42 - Feb 25 with 1456 viewsNthQldITFC

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 19:59 - Feb 25 by Portmanteauxcurling

Definitely worth an uppy !

Yes, but warm up well and lube first.

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 20:57 - Feb 25 with 1427 viewstonybied

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 19:07 - Feb 25 by GavTWTD

These are all excellent suggestions. I think I'll stick them in the garden until I want to dispose of a body/build muscle etc

Paint them green before sticking them in the garden to thwart any potential cucumber thieves.
[Post edited 25 Feb 21:00]
What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 21:40 - Feb 25 with 1355 viewsEireannach_gorm

They are actually cast iron so could be used to make a homemade barbecue.
I have 27 sash windows in my house with 4 weights in each so if you run low I can send you some more. Postage might be a bit pricey!
What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 22:09 - Feb 25 with 1316 viewsgtsb1966

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 22:57 - Feb 25 with 1240 viewsCoastalblue

Weight some sashes?

Actually you're unlucky, they used to be lead in the old days so would have been worth something in terms of scrap. More than yours are anyway.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

What can I do with 12 sash weights? on 07:15 - Feb 26 with 1084 viewsbefxblue

Get 4 coat hangars and some blue tinsel, and make a football advent crown, simply hanging one of the weights onto it when we win each of our last 12 games, culminating in promotion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024