Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foxes forum is comedy gold 08:14 - Feb 25 with 6611 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I thought we had our fair share of bedwetters, but this is brilliant stuff going back to the last few minutes of our game:
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/132060-the-championship-thread-20232024/page/4
Comments including "What minute of injury time will Ipswich get their winner?"
"After it rebounds off someone's arm"
"After it rebounds off a Chinese spy balloon".
Love it.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:15]

Poll: would you rather

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:29 - Feb 25 with 4911 viewsBlueBoots

"Ipswich just won't f off. They're like a yappy little dog snapping at your heels."

I was thinking the other day the 3 relegated teams are probably looking at us like The Terminator, wondering what the hell they have to do to kill us off. Might have to rename this squad the Towninator

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:36 - Feb 25 with 4811 viewsredrickstuhaart

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:29 - Feb 25 by BlueBoots

"Ipswich just won't f off. They're like a yappy little dog snapping at your heels."

I was thinking the other day the 3 relegated teams are probably looking at us like The Terminator, wondering what the hell they have to do to kill us off. Might have to rename this squad the Towninator

Yappy dog suggests we are some small irritating thing making more noise than we should.

As clubs go, we are actually very much in the same bracket as the Leicester's of this world.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:39 - Feb 25 with 4756 viewstextbackup

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:36 - Feb 25 by redrickstuhaart

Yappy dog suggests we are some small irritating thing making more noise than we should.

As clubs go, we are actually very much in the same bracket as the Leicester's of this world.

Hmmm really?!

Our good times were had in 1970/80…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:40 - Feb 25 with 4738 viewstractorboy1978

It does amuse me how we get labelled as "lucky". We've only lost 8 times in our last 80 league games, at some point you have to accept that we are actually a fantastic team with the best manager in the league.

211 points in 103 games under McKenna with a +107 GD. Mental.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:44 - Feb 25 with 4694 viewsBlueBoots

That was the biggest comparison I could find...we get called a fly and a cockroach on that thread too

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:44 - Feb 25 with 4697 viewsMK1

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:39 - Feb 25 by textbackup

Hmmm really?!

I would say that Leeds are the biggest of the 4. I would put us roughly with Leicester and slightly bigger than Southampton. Over the past years, 2 of those clubs have been where we have.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:45]
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:44 - Feb 25 with 4690 viewsStokieBlue

My main take from that thread is that Leicester have had 11 penalties in just the last 28 matches and we've had 3 all season I believe.

We are in the opposition box just as much as them so you would expect more parity than that.

Fairly obvious that the referees favour the bigger teams with regards to giving penalties.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:46 - Feb 25 with 4646 viewsredrickstuhaart

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:39 - Feb 25 by textbackup

Hmmm really?!

And? When did massive Leeds last win something?
Login to get fewer ads

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:47 - Feb 25 with 4642 viewsChurchman

You are right. We are. But that’s not their view with their Premier League wealth and recent success. You have to remember football didn’t exist before 1992 and they have achieved a lot. Our trophy cupboard is bare and we’ve only managed five seasons in the big boy league. Big club v yappy little dog. Tiny Town fluking their way through the season. That’s the impression I get from their forum.

That and lots of Captain Wetpants (thank you Rick Mayall’s Flasheart) panicking. Some of the forum dwellers certainly have the jitters. Unfounded looking at the table, but welcome.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:47]
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:50 - Feb 25 with 4593 views_clive_baker_

Yeah how dare we try and win our football matches.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 09:39 - Feb 25 with 4225 viewsGuthrum

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:47 - Feb 25 by Churchman

You are right. We are. But that’s not their view with their Premier League wealth and recent success. You have to remember football didn’t exist before 1992 and they have achieved a lot. Our trophy cupboard is bare and we’ve only managed five seasons in the big boy league. Big club v yappy little dog. Tiny Town fluking their way through the season. That’s the impression I get from their forum.

That and lots of Captain Wetpants (thank you Rick Mayall’s Flasheart) panicking. Some of the forum dwellers certainly have the jitters. Unfounded looking at the table, but welcome.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:47]

They've probably picked up a lot of fans since winning the Prem who don't remember dropping into League One themselves.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 09:56 - Feb 25 with 4088 viewsJrm_72

My personal definition of jammy is getting £100m in free money for the privilege of being relegated, then selling two players and doubling it.

Its being able to spend £10m on a punt in Harry Winks (lots of pedigree but not guarantee of success, if we spent that on one player we would have to be certain its the second coming on the messiah). Its getting 1-2 penalties per game compared to our 2 all season, even though our front 4 are regularly smashed in the back without even winning a foul.

Leicester are a very good team, not as good as Leeds, but very good. But they've had their fair share of luck themselves, and frankly with those advantages should be embarrassed they arent promoted by now.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 09:58 - Feb 25 with 4068 viewsJackNorthStand

It really gets me the comments of squeezing results out etc.

Our XG is almost always considerably higher than our opposition. Birmingham’s yesterday was 0.15 at HT. Ours was 1.7.

And given how dominant we were other than a 15 minute spell in the second half, it irritates me some fans of ex premier league clubs not giving our team the credit it deserves.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 10:05 - Feb 25 with 4005 viewsOldFart71

You don't go that many games unbeaten and are lucky. We have had some absolutely sh*te referees ruling out goals, not giving pens and giving them against us. How many have doubled us in two seasons. My memory is not great, but only Leeds perhaps. I did say on this forum that when they beat us at PR that I thought they'd be one of the sides at the top. The top two is still any two from 4 even though the Saints have faltered recently. I am a little concerned with the two injuries yesterday and hope that neither are more than two or three games sidelined as both Sarmiento and Hutchinson are both better coming off the bench when other teams start to tire.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 10:05 - Feb 25 with 4006 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 09:58 - Feb 25 by JackNorthStand

Our XG is almost always considerably higher than our opposition. Birmingham’s yesterday was 0.15 at HT. Ours was 1.7.

And given how dominant we were other than a 15 minute spell in the second half, it irritates me some fans of ex premier league clubs not giving our team the credit it deserves.

I’m loving it that they, on the whole, don’t give us the credit we probably deserve. Will be all the sweeter if we can nick one of the automatic promotion spots.
That goes for the media as well who appear to have a massive love in with the current top two.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 10:07 - Feb 25 with 3987 viewsredrickstuhaart

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 10:05 - Feb 25 by OldFart71

You don't go that many games unbeaten and are lucky. We have had some absolutely sh*te referees ruling out goals, not giving pens and giving them against us. How many have doubled us in two seasons. My memory is not great, but only Leeds perhaps. I did say on this forum that when they beat us at PR that I thought they'd be one of the sides at the top. The top two is still any two from 4 even though the Saints have faltered recently. I am a little concerned with the two injuries yesterday and hope that neither are more than two or three games sidelined as both Sarmiento and Hutchinson are both better coming off the bench when other teams start to tire.

Indeed. But for that awful refereeing perofrmance against preston, we would likely be in a solid second now, 3 points behind massive Leicester.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 10:19 - Feb 25 with 3913 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 09:58 - Feb 25 by JackNorthStand

For perspective, last year Plymouth fans said the same about us.

Football is a tribal sport that attracts people from right across society. So many fans are overly rose-tinted towards, or quick to point out injustices against, their own team; it's impossible to speak knowledgeably about other teams if they are at all their own team's games (unless football is your full time career or obsession) and so they form opinions based on the snapshot of matches against them (in which case Leeds must think we are gash); and some fans are just part of the percentage of society who revel in parading their ignorance.

So, it's part of the game that this ignorant screaming into the void happens, and we shouldn't let it bother us.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 10:21 - Feb 25 with 3900 viewsGavTWTD

An enjoyable read. They are taking some delight though in our possible injuries from yesterday. Hopefully a bit of rest will see them through. Fingers crossed.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 10:35 - Feb 25 with 3774 viewsJ4ck22

They seem more mad at us for winning than they are at themselves for absolutely bottling it to Leeds on Friday
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 11:19 - Feb 25 with 3596 viewsRyorry

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 09:39 - Feb 25 by Guthrum

They've probably picked up a lot of fans since winning the Prem who don't remember dropping into League One themselves.

In professional football terms, some of them were born yesterday.

Strikes me they’re also jealous we have McKenna - how dare any squad and club improve so much in such a short space of time - perhaps it reminds them of themselves not so long ago, under their late, sadly departed owner (R.I.P.)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 11:31 - Feb 25 with 3505 viewsRyorry

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:40 - Feb 25 by tractorboy1978

It does amuse me how we get labelled as "lucky". We've only lost 8 times in our last 80 league games, at some point you have to accept that we are actually a fantastic team with the best manager in the league.

211 points in 103 games under McKenna with a +107 GD. Mental.

Wish someone would go on there to ask when they were last ‘lucky’ enough to get a written apology from a referee for wrongly taking two points off them by gifting the opposition goals that shouldn’t have stood.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 11:34 - Feb 25 with 3478 viewsstrikalite

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 11:19 - Feb 25 by Ryorry

Strikes me they’re also jealous we have McKenna - how dare any squad and club improve so much in such a short space of time - perhaps it reminds them of themselves not so long ago, under their late, sadly departed owner (R.I.P.)

Think they see themselves as a Prem Club still and with their parachute payments they still are, on loan to the poxy Championship where a previous League One Club punching is giving them a real scare, same with Leeds...how can this possibly be happening..
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 11:41 - Feb 25 with 3410 viewsRozz

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 10:21 - Feb 25 by GavTWTD

An enjoyable read. They are taking some delight though in our possible injuries from yesterday. Hopefully a bit of rest will see them through. Fingers crossed.

Really weird behaviour that, isn't it?

Praying for long term injuries to little old Ipswich when you've got a squad worth 200 odd million? An outsider might say they're looking scared...
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 11:53 - Feb 25 with 3291 viewspointofblue

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 11:19 - Feb 25 by Ryorry

Ironic that they’re probably turned into the fans they disliked when they were winning the Premier League, as those who supported the big six moaned about Leicester’s fortune etc.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 12:43 - Feb 25 with 3086 viewsAsa

I try to be as fair and balanced as I can in these types of situations.

Over the two years in which we’ve lost just 8 matches I can remember very few where they’ve been settled in our favour because of a bit of luck or decision going in our favour.

By contrast I can reel you off a list about 20 matches long where we’ve not been given a clear penalty (Huddersfield away), been robbed by a bad decision (twice at Preston recently, Sheffield Wednesday away, Plymouth away, Barnsley home), had shocking decisions given against us etc.

I think the amount of lucky points we’ve won has probably been a quarter of the points we’ve unluckily lost and the amounts we’ve won off referring decisions that have been wrong probably a tenth of those we’ve lost!

Imagine a world where we got all the decisions we should have got. We’d be a hell of a lot of points better off.

Even if you look at Leicester and the deflected Morsy goal, look at how many times we drew last season with Plymouth, Lincoln or Cheltenham who got a deflected goal that looped into the very top corner, sometimes with their only shot.

Even the derby was a draw because Rowe was able to be offside, handle the ball, foul people.

Astonishingly to outsiders we are lucky. The reality is we are bloody hard done by but make very little fuss of the insane amount of decisions that we’ve been on the wrong side of.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024