Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foxes forum is comedy gold 08:14 - Feb 25 with 6707 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I thought we had our fair share of bedwetters, but this is brilliant stuff going back to the last few minutes of our game:
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/132060-the-championship-thread-20232024/page/4
Comments including "What minute of injury time will Ipswich get their winner?"
"After it rebounds off someone's arm"
"After it rebounds off a Chinese spy balloon".
Love it.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:15]

Poll: would you rather

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 13:01 - Feb 25 with 1556 viewsSimonds92

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:44 - Feb 25 by MK1

I would say that Leeds are the biggest of the 4. I would put us roughly with Leicester and slightly bigger than Southampton. Over the past years, 2 of those clubs have been where we have.
[Post edited 25 Feb 8:45]

As in League 1? All 3 have been there, Leeds for a longer time than the other 2 I believe. We're the least successful of the 4 in recent times but Leeds haven't been particularly more successful than us other than a 2, possibly 3 year stint.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 13:28 - Feb 25 with 1500 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 11:31 - Feb 25 by Ryorry

Wish someone would go on there to ask when they were last ‘lucky’ enough to get a written apology from a referee for wrongly taking two points off them by gifting the opposition goals that shouldn’t have stood.

Surely that should be three points?

And wouldn't it be a travesty if Preston were to finish sixth, one point ahead of Norwich.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 13:47 - Feb 25 with 1456 viewsEuropablue

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:40 - Feb 25 by tractorboy1978

It does amuse me how we get labelled as "lucky". We've only lost 8 times in our last 80 league games, at some point you have to accept that we are actually a fantastic team with the best manager in the league.

211 points in 103 games under McKenna with a +107 GD. Mental.

I think we are the strongest mentally of any of the top four. We may have not had the depth in attacking talent that the other teams had (that was proven when we struggled after Hirst's injury), so we have drawn a few games we should have won, but we really haven't lost many, and crucially we always bounce back after a defeat. Southampton and Leicester look fragile. They have been comfortable at times, but almost every match this year has been a struggle. We outplayed Birmingham, but the match was in the balance all the way until the 80th minute. It is difficult to point to a game that has been easy for us.
We have also had experience of a relentless run in and that might just be enough to get us over the line.
I don't know if Leeds will keep up the pace, but if they do I wouldn't be at all surprised if they overtook Leicester and I wouldn't be surprised if we overtook Leicester the way things are going right now.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 13:51 - Feb 25 with 1446 viewsEuropablue

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 09:56 - Feb 25 by Jrm_72

My personal definition of jammy is getting £100m in free money for the privilege of being relegated, then selling two players and doubling it.

Its being able to spend £10m on a punt in Harry Winks (lots of pedigree but not guarantee of success, if we spent that on one player we would have to be certain its the second coming on the messiah). Its getting 1-2 penalties per game compared to our 2 all season, even though our front 4 are regularly smashed in the back without even winning a foul.

Leicester are a very good team, not as good as Leeds, but very good. But they've had their fair share of luck themselves, and frankly with those advantages should be embarrassed they arent promoted by now.

Leicester have the disadvantage of never tasting adversity until now. They weren't that great a team at the start of the season, but the quality of their players and maybe some good fortune got them a lot of good results. We have struggled for every point. We have even given up a huge cushion and come back. We have proven ourselves to be both a great team and extremely resilient. Leicester are facing their biggest test of character yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if they failed it.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 14:21 - Feb 25 with 1400 viewsbournemouthblue

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:36 - Feb 25 by redrickstuhaart

Yappy dog suggests we are some small irritating thing making more noise than we should.

As clubs go, we are actually very much in the same bracket as the Leicester's of this world.

Not in the PL era really, depressing as that may sound

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 15:24 - Feb 25 with 1317 viewsipswichtillidie

They don’t seem to like that we score in injury time, considering it lucky. I remember people use to say that against Man U under Ferguson…. That went well..
simply we are a fit side who sticks together and will run and run all day for the cause. No coincidence to me that we score a lot of late goals.

Gav

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 15:29 - Feb 25 with 1304 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 15:24 - Feb 25 by ipswichtillidie

They don’t seem to like that we score in injury time, considering it lucky. I remember people use to say that against Man U under Ferguson…. That went well..
simply we are a fit side who sticks together and will run and run all day for the cause. No coincidence to me that we score a lot of late goals.

Much of our scoring of late goals is also down to McKenna's tactics. But no opposing fans credit that, we're just 'jammy sods' or 'lucky'.

I find it infuriating, as they all seem to have forgotten, that for 25-30 minutes before Morsy's 'lucky' goal we had pinned them in and should have already scored, and then honestly, should have won it.

But we were lucky, rather than them being lucky to get a point.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 16:00 - Feb 25 with 1229 viewsBluespeed225

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 08:29 - Feb 25 by BlueBoots

"Ipswich just won't f off. They're like a yappy little dog snapping at your heels."

I was thinking the other day the 3 relegated teams are probably looking at us like The Terminator, wondering what the hell they have to do to kill us off. Might have to rename this squad the Towninator

I have a ‘happy little dog’, a Jack Russell, energetic, fearless against bigger dogs, up for it, love it to bits. Yes, that ITFC at the moment!
Login to get fewer ads

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 16:01 - Feb 25 with 1226 viewsRozz

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 15:24 - Feb 25 by ipswichtillidie

Credit to McKenna and our recruitment team too - it's even mentioned by one poster in the thread that Hutchinson + Sarmiento are better than their wide options off the bench. Loading the squad with quality players in those forward positions to refresh our attack around 70 mins has been an underpinning feature of our success from the start of KM's tenure.

Leicester looked blunt once Mavididi and Daka came off. They lost their threat, their out-ball, and ultimately control of the game.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 16:02 - Feb 25 with 1224 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hoping that some of our little League One promotion side players have suffered serious injuries, how classy. They’re as insecure as Leeds.

This luck stuff is a bit ridiculous, especially considering our home form, where we have have 1 lost in 32. In our last 25 at PR, won 20, drawn 4 and lost 1. Goals was something like 78 for and 29 against I think someone posted.

That Morsy goal really got to them. Maybe they shouldn’t have invited us onto them in both second half’s.
[Post edited 25 Feb 16:02]
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 16:28 - Feb 25 with 1161 viewsshady

Well, I enjoy foxestalk championship thread.

We’ve just caught them at a time of bereavement.
Imagine what it would be like on here; cruising to a record points haul then wheels falling off and not only the Leeds juggernaut but an annoying little tractor filling up the rear view mirror.
Even when they were 12 points ahead, some of them remembered their history of choking.
Particularly galling that they are fat track bullies that struggle against the better sides.
I think it’s because they are not ruthless enough, too long sucking the premiership teat, has made them soft.
However that’s their problem, but fun to be a fly on their wall hearing them bemoan Boro etc treating them as a cup final, then the following matches Boro and Cov lose to all and sundry.

They are usually very respectful towards us, maybe because IF we were to both promoted they see us as obvious whipping boys.
However, that remains to be seen.
Yes, seems to be jealousy that we are able to keep going for 90+ minutes, and bring on goal scoring subs.
There was a time when they accused us of just being a running team that would soon tire.
Then that we didn’t have the quality of players to sustain a challenge.
Of late it’s been quite a lot of admiration so we have to forgive them an emotional outburst.
Possibly the stress has got to them,

Furthermore, historically we’ve often been ahead of them. In our last prem relegation we went down together; us for a number of reasons including European matches taking too much out of us; whilst they were just useless and finished bottom.
Incidently the next season(02/03) they obviously hadn’t prepared their pre-season properly as 3 of their centre-backs pulled up injured during the round 3 of the season; 6-1 to us, thank-you. Sadly, for us form reversed and they were promoted.

Well, that’s the football aspect as for their forum:
I find it usually very mature and balanced, has some great charts of upcoming games degree of difficulty and generally lots of good statistics.

TallyHo
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 17:05 - Feb 25 with 1088 viewsOldFart71

Why the jealousy. It's like looking at your son's girlfriend and then looking at the wife and thinking f in hell, lucky so and so.
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 17:11 - Feb 25 with 1066 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 17:05 - Feb 25 by OldFart71

Why the jealousy. It's like looking at your son's girlfriend and then looking at the wife and thinking f in hell, lucky so and so.

Something you need to get off your chest?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 18:17 - Feb 25 with 984 viewsHelp

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 10:35 - Feb 25 by J4ck22

They seem more mad at us for winning than they are at themselves for absolutely bottling it to Leeds on Friday

Gotta blame someone, rather than self reflect
Foxes forum is comedy gold on 11:26 - Feb 26 with 721 viewsRyorry

Foxes forum is comedy gold on 13:28 - Feb 25 by Tangledupin_Blue

Surely that should be three points?

And wouldn't it be a travesty if Preston were to finish sixth, one point ahead of Norwich.

Yes, sorry, got mixed up!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024