Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Axel !!! ..... absolute class 18:11 - Feb 24 with 4001 viewsArnieM

That's a glimpse of what he has in his locker. A Royals Royce of a player .. I just hope he keeps his place because all this lad needs is run of games. He's not had a fair cracking of the whip. He's easily the best Centre back at this club and he strolled it today at right back.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:16 - Feb 24 with 3179 viewsSwansea_Blue

He made the role look a lot less effort than Clarke does. I'm not convinced he's the best CB (and presumably KM isn't either), but when h's on it he looks so assured.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:20 - Feb 24 with 3142 viewseddiespearitt03

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:16 - Feb 24 by Swansea_Blue

He made the role look a lot less effort than Clarke does. I'm not convinced he's the best CB (and presumably KM isn't either), but when h's on it he looks so assured.

He had a very good game today and McKenna must be well chuffed.
Too good to leave on the bench. I never doubted him when he first come to the club, he just needed a run of games to settle in.

Well done.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:30 - Feb 24 with 3047 viewsgtsb1966

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:16 - Feb 24 by Swansea_Blue

Going to get hammered for this but Clarke IMHO is just not good enough. His defending is poor. Whatever division we are in next season he won't be a regular starter...if he is still here.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:31 - Feb 24 with 3034 viewsHerbivore

He had a good game today and I'm chuffed for him, but on the evidence of performances this season he's the fourth best CB at the club. He'll still have a role to play either at RB or CB over the remaining games but the clamour for him to start ahead of the likes of Woolf and Burgess seems to mainly be based on the fact he was on United's books rather than on what we've seen of him so far. More of today would be lovely though, that bit of play for Sarmiento's goal was excellent and he defended very well for the most part too.
[Post edited 24 Feb 18:38]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:35 - Feb 24 with 2998 viewsTheBoyBlue

There is clearly a really good player in there. He doesn't get the opportunities he's had without being really good and he's shown it in glimpses here, but today's the first full-on example of hoe good he can be since coming here.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:48 - Feb 24 with 2910 viewspointofblue

His best game in a Town shirt by a mile, but good job in getting in a dig at others too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:52 - Feb 24 with 2879 viewsFifeITFC

What a contrast of opinions since midweek!

Tuanzebe tonight by cbower 20 Feb 22:27
Appallingly weak and lethargic. Not sure his head was in it. Is he marking time and / or sulking or just not match ready?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 19:35 - Feb 24 with 2712 viewsWallingford_Boy

Hang on, we all hated him midweek…. I can’t keep up!

He’s clearly class, far too good for this level, just need to keep him fit.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 19:37 - Feb 24 with 2686 viewsClutch

He wasn't that good, and he's nowhere near the best centre back at the club!
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 19:38 - Feb 24 with 2672 viewspointofblue

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 19:37 - Feb 24 by Clutch

He wasn't that good, and he's nowhere near the best centre back at the club!

He was very good. We looked more secure across the back than we have in recent games.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 20:54 - Feb 24 with 2396 viewsBlueOura

"He's easily the best Centre back at this club"

No, he really isn't. He played well today but lets not pretend he hasn't had more poor games than good.Woolfy and Burgess are clearly our top two centre backs by some distance.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 21:06 - Feb 24 with 2342 viewsAVJones

I thought he was ok. Very good run for the goal and several strong tackles and generally good tracking. He also lost a lot of headers which I was disappointed by. Certainly solid but no more than that for me.

Not sure he was MoM. I thought Hutchison’s was far more of a standout performance.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 21:16 - Feb 24 with 2295 viewshoppy

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 21:06 - Feb 24 by AVJones

I thought he was ok. Very good run for the goal and several strong tackles and generally good tracking. He also lost a lot of headers which I was disappointed by. Certainly solid but no more than that for me.

Not sure he was MoM. I thought Hutchison’s was far more of a standout performance.

Hutchinson also for me.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 21:16 - Feb 24 with 2293 viewsExiled2Surrey

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 21:06 - Feb 24 by AVJones

I agree with the bit about the headers - for a big fella he was by no means dominant in the air - but in other aspects I thought he started well and got better as the game progressed - perhaps that is why he needs a few full games!

I think KM mentioned it in his interview - the right back position is a bit different for us - sort of RB / RCB - and I think he is very well cut out for that role.

A bit of time with Hutch will help him build the sort of relationships we saw between JD and Burns - that is not there at the moment but if we got that going I think we would be in a good place
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 21:18 - Feb 24 with 2274 viewsNutkins_Return

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:30 - Feb 24 by gtsb1966

Going to get hammered for this but Clarke IMHO is just not good enough. His defending is poor. Whatever division we are in next season he won't be a regular starter...if he is still here.

Take that opinion, then remember Harry is only 22 and reassess.

He does what 22 year olds typically do a d he makes some mistakes that he'll need to learn from. But he has good ingredients and has had some excellent games. He's championship level and he can only get better.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:01 - Feb 24 with 2140 viewsgtsb1966

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 21:18 - Feb 24 by Nutkins_Return

Take that opinion, then remember Harry is only 22 and reassess.

He does what 22 year olds typically do a d he makes some mistakes that he'll need to learn from. But he has good ingredients and has had some excellent games. He's championship level and he can only get better.

His defending is poor and doesn't get better even with the coaching he now gets. He has excellent qualities going forward but he is a defender and unfortunately his defensive skills are poor. Happy to be proved wrong and hope I am.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:14 - Feb 24 with 2082 viewsBugs

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:01 - Feb 24 by gtsb1966

His defending is poor and doesn't get better even with the coaching he now gets. He has excellent qualities going forward but he is a defender and unfortunately his defensive skills are poor. Happy to be proved wrong and hope I am.

And he has played not a small part this season, in a team that has 72 points after 34 games as a 22-year-old.

Without his run off the ball, Burns wouldn't have had the space to score his wonder goal.

He has definitely improved as the season has moved on as a defender as well.....and in a season where he is nursing an injury from the start of it.

Give the fella some slack. His doing more than alright.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:16 - Feb 24 with 2066 viewsStewart27

He was ok.

Lacks the consistency of the defenders that you slate week in week out.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:16 - Feb 24 with 2057 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I thought he was solid but unspectacular - his terrible cross showed why he’s not really a right back.

To be honest I was baffled by the MOTM when it was announced. Hutchison absolutely tore Brum a new @rsehole today - absolutely unplayable. He had me on the edge of my seat, and pleased he got a goal to round it off.
[Post edited 24 Feb 22:17]
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:16 - Feb 24 with 2059 viewsBLUEBEAT

He wants out.

Poll: W or W

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:22 - Feb 24 with 2001 viewsgtsb1966

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:14 - Feb 24 by Bugs

And he has played not a small part this season, in a team that has 72 points after 34 games as a 22-year-old.

Without his run off the ball, Burns wouldn't have had the space to score his wonder goal.

He has definitely improved as the season has moved on as a defender as well.....and in a season where he is nursing an injury from the start of it.

Give the fella some slack. His doing more than alright.

I'll disagree where you think he has improved as a defender. I think many on here would say the same. I'm not slating him at all, just saying I don't think he is good enough.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:41 - Feb 24 with 1936 viewsBugs

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:22 - Feb 24 by gtsb1966

I'll disagree where you think he has improved as a defender. I think many on here would say the same. I'm not slating him at all, just saying I don't think he is good enough.

But where we are in the table would say you're maybe wrong?

Look, I'm not saying he's a world beater. There is no doubt he is still a bit raw. But saying a 22-year-old defender isn't good enough when he's been part of a team that has completely over archived and in any normal championship season would be looking odds on to being promoted automatically, is not just a little harsh?
[Post edited 24 Feb 22:43]
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:45 - Feb 24 with 1903 viewscrouchendyachtclub

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 18:31 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

He had a good game today and I'm chuffed for him, but on the evidence of performances this season he's the fourth best CB at the club. He'll still have a role to play either at RB or CB over the remaining games but the clamour for him to start ahead of the likes of Woolf and Burgess seems to mainly be based on the fact he was on United's books rather than on what we've seen of him so far. More of today would be lovely though, that bit of play for Sarmiento's goal was excellent and he defended very well for the most part too.
[Post edited 24 Feb 18:38]

Performances this season maybe, none of our central defenders have approached the level he was at when he got promoted with Villa though. If he can get that back he then he’s head and shoulders the best.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 23:39 - Feb 24 with 1769 viewsgtsb1966

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:41 - Feb 24 by Bugs

But where we are in the table would say you're maybe wrong?

Look, I'm not saying he's a world beater. There is no doubt he is still a bit raw. But saying a 22-year-old defender isn't good enough when he's been part of a team that has completely over archived and in any normal championship season would be looking odds on to being promoted automatically, is not just a little harsh?
[Post edited 24 Feb 22:43]

We'll have to agree to disagree but I think his positioning and awareness is very poor. A top championship defender he is not.
[Post edited 24 Feb 23:42]
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 23:48 - Feb 24 with 1710 viewsCoastalblue

I'm not going to disagree that he has the potential to be a quality player for us, but I'm surprised that you're purring over him tbh.

He's been nowhere near the level of Wolfy, Burgess or even Edmundson in what we've seen of him so far and they are the ones you repeatedly feel aren't good enough.

You may well end up being right, but it seems a little odd at the moment for you to be saying it after one good performance.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024