Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Axel !!! ..... absolute class 18:11 - Feb 24 with 4113 viewsArnieM

That's a glimpse of what he has in his locker. A Royals Royce of a player .. I just hope he keeps his place because all this lad needs is run of games. He's not had a fair cracking of the whip. He's easily the best Centre back at this club and he strolled it today at right back.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 00:36 - Feb 25 with 811 viewsrickw

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 22:16 - Feb 24 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I thought he was solid but unspectacular - his terrible cross showed why he’s not really a right back.

To be honest I was baffled by the MOTM when it was announced. Hutchison absolutely tore Brum a new @rsehole today - absolutely unplayable. He had me on the edge of my seat, and pleased he got a goal to round it off.
[Post edited 24 Feb 22:17]

He would have been my pick for MOM today.
His pace and strength got stopped their attacks several times.
He didn't do too much going forwards, was often used as a decoy but then showed great composure he did get forward for Sarmiento's goal

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 01:56 - Feb 25 with 760 viewsbudgiebasher

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 21:16 - Feb 24 by hoppy

Hutchinson also for me.

Hutchinson was excellent and axel had a really good game but Morsy mom for me as he is nearly every week. Unbelievable player and captain. So consistent and influential with a ridiculous engine and unbelievable mental strength and focus. Really hope he doesn’t get a 3 game suspension in the run in. We really miss him when he’s not playing

Poll: Who should be the next manager of ITFC

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 07:09 - Feb 25 with 672 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

If it were not for Omari's masterclass yesterday, I would have had Axel as MoTM. At the game I thought he was excellent, and having watched bits of the match on Town TV he was even better than I thought at the time. Decision making and execution were superb. He made really intelligent runs without leaving the right side exposed. on 68:40 a Brum play a lovely ball down the left for Dembele and Axel makes a really speedy run back to catch him and cleverly shuts him out inside our 6 yard box and whips the ball off him.
HC has certainly improved in recent weeks, but we now have great competition for that RB spot, and if anything I reckon Axel is edging it after that performance.
[Post edited 25 Feb 7:11]

Poll: would you rather

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 07:52 - Feb 25 with 645 viewstonybied

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 01:56 - Feb 25 by budgiebasher

Hutchinson was excellent and axel had a really good game but Morsy mom for me as he is nearly every week. Unbelievable player and captain. So consistent and influential with a ridiculous engine and unbelievable mental strength and focus. Really hope he doesn’t get a 3 game suspension in the run in. We really miss him when he’s not playing

I think it's inevitable he's going to end up with a 3 game ban at some point, there's no way he makes 12 more games getting no more than 1 more yellow. I think it's best he gets the 2 yellow cards in the next 2 games so he misses Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn, then returning for Southampton and the scum. You just know he's going to end up missing those 2 games though!
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 07:58 - Feb 25 with 633 viewspennblue

He is definitely a top top player no doubt. He should be a starter by now, not sure why he has not managed to achieve that. Consistency maybe?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:02 - Feb 25 with 621 viewsHerbivore

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 07:58 - Feb 25 by pennblue

He is definitely a top top player no doubt. He should be a starter by now, not sure why he has not managed to achieve that. Consistency maybe?

Probably his performances relative to the performances of our other CBs is why he's not a regular starter yet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:03 - Feb 25 with 619 viewsHerbivore

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 07:52 - Feb 25 by tonybied

I think it's inevitable he's going to end up with a 3 game ban at some point, there's no way he makes 12 more games getting no more than 1 more yellow. I think it's best he gets the 2 yellow cards in the next 2 games so he misses Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn, then returning for Southampton and the scum. You just know he's going to end up missing those 2 games though!

Isn't he on 12 bookings? If so he can afford two more. Still asking a lot but not completely out of the question. We do miss him when he's out but it's worth remembering when he served his two game ban we beat Sunderland and drew at Leicester.

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:11 - Feb 25 with 596 viewstonybied

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:03 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

Isn't he on 12 bookings? If so he can afford two more. Still asking a lot but not completely out of the question. We do miss him when he's out but it's worth remembering when he served his two game ban we beat Sunderland and drew at Leicester.

It appears you're right, he's currently on 12 yellows. We may have got favourable results in those 2 games but I'd feel much more comfortable with Morsy in our side for Southampton and the scum.
Login to get fewer ads

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:27 - Feb 25 with 569 viewsHerbivore

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:11 - Feb 25 by tonybied

It appears you're right, he's currently on 12 yellows. We may have got favourable results in those 2 games but I'd feel much more comfortable with Morsy in our side for Southampton and the scum.

Don't get me wrong, I'd always rather have him in the side, but there's a narrative that's developed that we can't cope without him when actually results in games he's missed this season have been pretty good. Ideally he'll walk the tightrope like he did last season but it's trickier to do at this level.

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:31 - Feb 25 with 565 viewsMK1

He needs games to show us consistently that he is as good as he was today. Never doubted his quality, just needs game time. To say he is the best CB at the club is a hell of a leap at this stage. Could be, but not yet. Burgess is the best we have at the moment.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:36 - Feb 25 with 552 viewsHerbivore

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:31 - Feb 25 by MK1

He needs games to show us consistently that he is as good as he was today. Never doubted his quality, just needs game time. To say he is the best CB at the club is a hell of a leap at this stage. Could be, but not yet. Burgess is the best we have at the moment.

We're in a race for promotion, we can't be dropping players who have consistently performed better than him in the hope he finds his own best form consistently. That's unfortunate for him but the team has to come first and right now, as has been the case all season really, Woolf and Burgess are our best CB pairing. Tuanzebe will still get game time covering for Woolf and Clarke but he can't really have too many complaints that he's not starting regularly.

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:52 - Feb 25 with 526 viewsMK1

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:36 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

We're in a race for promotion, we can't be dropping players who have consistently performed better than him in the hope he finds his own best form consistently. That's unfortunate for him but the team has to come first and right now, as has been the case all season really, Woolf and Burgess are our best CB pairing. Tuanzebe will still get game time covering for Woolf and Clarke but he can't really have too many complaints that he's not starting regularly.

That's what I said. We will only see if Axel is as good as he was today, if he gets game time. I never said anybody should be dropped to accommodate him.
Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:56 - Feb 25 with 514 viewsHerbivore

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 08:52 - Feb 25 by MK1

That's what I said. We will only see if Axel is as good as he was today, if he gets game time. I never said anybody should be dropped to accommodate him.

Indeed, but for him to get game time consistently someone is going to need to be dropped. Pleased he had a very good game yesterday and I hope we see more from him when needed. If we keep him next season and he stays fit and has a good preseason then he might well push on but it's hard to see him being a regular this season unless someone gets injured.

Axel !!! ..... absolute class on 09:03 - Feb 25 with 495 viewschicoazul

Insane post. He played CB in our most recent televised humiliation, and you’re using a decent performance at RB to reinforce he is the best CB at the club? We know you hate Woolf and Burg but you’re becoming ever more unhinged.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024