Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has this season been a surprise? 19:15 - Feb 23 with 1119 viewsitfc_bucks

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely astounded by the season we're having, but I wonder if McKenna and Ashton are surprised?

Did they genuinely expect to be anywhere near where we are?

Not that it really matters I suppose, and we'll never know for sure, but I just wonder.
Has this season been a surprise? on 19:28 - Feb 23 with 1057 viewsDubtractor

I'm sure they won't have been expecting us to have done as well as we have, however optimistic they were.

Really has been an incredible season so far.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Has this season been a surprise? on 19:30 - Feb 23 with 1045 viewsScuzzer

Not been a surprise to me. The way we played last season in League One clearly showed that we had all the elements to do well in the Championship, our style of play, quality and depth of squad all pointed to a good solid position in the Champ. I said at the time of promotion I could see this squad finishing in the play offs this season...and so it has played out.

Established 1968

Has this season been a surprise? on 19:33 - Feb 23 with 1030 viewsibbleobble

A lot of people predicted top 8 and the bookies had us as one of the favourites pre-season if memory serves me correctly so I’d say, no
Has this season been a surprise? on 19:35 - Feb 23 with 1024 viewsthorpedo

I tipped us to finish 5th, we were 5th or 6th favourites with most bookies. Thought we were capable of 70-75 points over the whole season. Looks like we'll smash that.
[Post edited 23 Feb 19:35]

Thorpedo

Has this season been a surprise? on 19:47 - Feb 23 with 960 viewsDubtractor

Has this season been a surprise? on 19:30 - Feb 23 by Scuzzer

Not been a surprise to me. The way we played last season in League One clearly showed that we had all the elements to do well in the Championship, our style of play, quality and depth of squad all pointed to a good solid position in the Champ. I said at the time of promotion I could see this squad finishing in the play offs this season...and so it has played out.

I thought we could challenge for the playoffs, but we're pretty much already qualified for them with 13 games to go!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Has this season been a surprise? on 21:25 - Feb 23 with 777 viewsitfc_bucks

See, I would've been genuinely happy with 10th.
Has this season been a surprise? on 21:55 - Feb 23 with 733 viewsITFCson

A little bit of a surprise to have this many points but no surprise to me we are in top 6. I had them in all my season bets to finish top 6.
Has this season been a surprise? on 09:09 - Feb 24 with 554 viewsSharkey

I have not been surprised by this season, especially with no major injury setbacks until Boxing Day.

I get most of my football league overviews from The Not The Top Twenty Podcast, which always seems to me to look at things very carefully and sensibly, They predicted Town to finish third.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Championship/comments/15e7cmi/not_the_top_20_podcasts_c
Login to get fewer ads

Has this season been a surprise? on 09:26 - Feb 24 with 506 viewsJakeITFC

I thought we’d be in the play-off mix from January of last year really, we were better than most championship sides during our League One season. That being said, I thought that we would invest heavily in the summer to add to the squad (a few starters plus increased depth) so it is especially remarkable to have just carried the majority of the same players through.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024