Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 5 games 17:46 - Feb 22 with 4397 views_clive_baker_

I know a lot has been made of our fixtures and run in, but having just looked properly at it, the final 7 games of the season before Huddersfield are actually pretty fearsome. Trips to Blackburn, Norwich, Coventry and Hull. 3 sides gunning for 6th (although arguably might not all be by the time we play them) including 'them'. And Blackburn, who I NEVER feel like we beat at Ewood (other than the Richard Wright masterclass). Home games against Southampton, Watford and Middlesbrough. 3 very good sides I would say, certainly on their day in the case of Watford and Boro. Then finishing at home to Huddersfield is, on paper, a good fixture, but they might have to find something to stay up.

Certainly makes the next 5 in advance of that a chance / necessity perhaps to make a bit of hay. 12 or 13 points a minimum requirement I would say if we're to finish top 2, as ridiculous as that sounds.

24 Feb 15:00 Birmingham City H
2 Mar 15:00 Plymouth Argyle A
5 Mar 20:00 Bristol City H
9 Mar 12:30 Cardiff City A
16 Mar 15:00 Sheffield Wednesday H
Next 5 games on 18:00 - Feb 22 with 3691 viewsStenvict

I'm just pinning all my hopes on us doing to Hull what Swansea did a few weeks ago, and doing to Coventry what Bristol City did too etc.

The fact these teams can go to those teams and get a result of some sort gives me confidence.

Boro and Watford could be terrible or very good on their day, it's the beauty of the Championship.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Next 5 games on 18:03 - Feb 22 with 3671 viewsIllinoisblue

April could well see the wheels coming off the tractor. But March games look possibly favorable. One at a time. Twists and turns aplenty to come.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Next 5 games on 18:09 - Feb 22 with 3628 viewsRozz

Next 5 games on 18:00 - Feb 22 by Stenvict

I'm just pinning all my hopes on us doing to Hull what Swansea did a few weeks ago, and doing to Coventry what Bristol City did too etc.

The fact these teams can go to those teams and get a result of some sort gives me confidence.

Boro and Watford could be terrible or very good on their day, it's the beauty of the Championship.

Swansea have 31 points less than us, Brizzle 25. Why are you clinging onto hopes of an underdog smash and grab when we have proven ourselves better than all these teams over the season so far?

Let them worry about us. All the better if they need something out of the game - it'll force them to come at us.

We're in a very similar position to when we faced Bolton, Derby, Peterborough and Barnsley last season, and we brushed each of them aside.
Next 5 games on 18:15 - Feb 22 with 3592 viewsStenvict

Next 5 games on 18:09 - Feb 22 by Rozz

Swansea have 31 points less than us, Brizzle 25. Why are you clinging onto hopes of an underdog smash and grab when we have proven ourselves better than all these teams over the season so far?

Let them worry about us. All the better if they need something out of the game - it'll force them to come at us.

We're in a very similar position to when we faced Bolton, Derby, Peterborough and Barnsley last season, and we brushed each of them aside.

What I mean is, if we're worried about going to Hull and Coventry, we need to look at the fact that they have been beaten by lesser teams, so we needn't be too worried.

If we were to still play Leeds away, who haven't lost at home all season, I'd be worried.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Next 5 games on 18:28 - Feb 22 with 3512 viewsZx1988

We'd have been saying the same about Derby, Bolton, Peterborough, and Barnsley this time last season...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Next 5 games on 18:32 - Feb 22 with 3489 viewsPinewoodblue

Five games to go in this segment, up to international break.

We need to get as many points as possible so we are still into the mix coming into Easter.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Next 5 games on 18:37 - Feb 22 with 3446 viewsMK1

Next 5 games on 18:00 - Feb 22 by Stenvict

There will be a fair few twists and turns in the next couple of months. If we were to win our next 5, I reckon that will give us a bit of a cushion for the games to come after that. I love the Championship.
Next 5 games on 19:07 - Feb 22 with 3294 viewsVic

Next 5 games on 18:37 - Feb 22 by MK1

There will be a fair few twists and turns in the next couple of months. If we were to win our next 5, I reckon that will give us a bit of a cushion for the games to come after that. I love the Championship.

You know what - I wouldn’t mind staying in this league for a couple more seasons if they are all as exciting at this one. I know that after a few seasons of being in the play offs but not going up we’d get fed up, but right here and right now, I’d rather the excitement of challenging for the top that a relentless struggle to stay in the prem.

Spoken to a few budgie friends and they really don’t like the prem for that reason.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

ONE (n/t) on 19:07 - Feb 22 with 3301 viewsFixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

GAME (n/t) on 19:08 - Feb 22 with 3291 viewsFixed_It

ONE (n/t) on 19:07 - Feb 22 by Fixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!

AT (n/t) on 19:08 - Feb 22 with 3289 viewsFixed_It

GAME (n/t) on 19:08 - Feb 22 by Fixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!

A (n/t) on 19:08 - Feb 22 with 3281 viewsFixed_It

AT (n/t) on 19:08 - Feb 22 by Fixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!

TIME! (n/t) on 19:09 - Feb 22 with 3274 viewsFixed_It

A (n/t) on 19:08 - Feb 22 by Fixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Next 5 games on 21:05 - Feb 22 with 2896 viewsFtnfwest

Don’t care, we play Birmingham next, that’s all I need to know, and all the team needs to concentrate on is beating them. Just enjoying it a game at a time and not wishing the season away.
Next 5 games on 21:15 - Feb 22 with 2847 viewsNthsuffolkblue

1 game at a time. There are no easy matches in this league which is in our favour for all those Leeds and Southampton have left and the challenge we face in all our remaining fixtures.

If we win the rest of our matches, we will be promoted. The key will be dropping 1 point less than Leeds do and no more than 1 more than Southampton do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next 5 games on 21:25 - Feb 22 with 2805 viewsSoCalTownFan

Next 5 games on 21:15 - Feb 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

1 game at a time. There are no easy matches in this league which is in our favour for all those Leeds and Southampton have left and the challenge we face in all our remaining fixtures.

If we win the rest of our matches, we will be promoted. The key will be dropping 1 point less than Leeds do and no more than 1 more than Southampton do.

I think we did our allowed dropping of points over Christmas. That was was very very lean spell that took us from runaway 2nd , to 4th. We can't win every game, things will happen; well they happened and we didn't and if it happens more, then quite simply it's playoffs for us, maybe.

Now we have won 3 in a row, IMO it is very important we win the next 5 too. We don't have the cushion anymore, we did and we blew it. Any points dropped by Leicester, Leeds, Southampton are our opportunity to regain control and get back into 2nd and who knows, maybe close the gap on Leicester.

That's when the last few games of the season can be tackled with a little bit of breathing room and the confidence of 8 straight wins (!!) against, let's face it, inferior teams, who we should beat without too much trouble (but they said that about Rotherham.......and .....Maidstone)

It's a funny old game!
Next 5 games on 21:27 - Feb 22 with 2797 viewsHorsham

It’s a lot like the run in last season, ok the opposition is better but we’ve improved too and we’re not running down an 8/9 point deficit on 2nd.

If we get those 12/13 points from the next 5 then we’ll be a pretty confident outfit for the final run in.

Should be a lot of fun.
Next 5 games on 21:43 - Feb 22 with 2732 viewsRozz

Next 5 games on 21:27 - Feb 22 by Horsham

It’s a lot like the run in last season, ok the opposition is better but we’ve improved too and we’re not running down an 8/9 point deficit on 2nd.

If we get those 12/13 points from the next 5 then we’ll be a pretty confident outfit for the final run in.

Should be a lot of fun.

If we can beat Southampton at home (and we are more than capable of that IMO), Christ, what a springboard going into that next block of games if we're still challenging. 'Til then, just like last season, just beat the teams in front of you.

We had to be absolutely perfect last season - like you say we were 8pts behind on this date in 2023. We're much better placed now. I suspect there will be a hiccup in the next 5 games nobody sees coming but it wont be the end of the world if we drop a few points in this league as everybody will.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-one/22-february-2023/
Next 5 games on 22:13 - Feb 22 with 2598 viewsPioneerBlue

You lot love looking ahead. We basically want 3 points in every game. The focus though is OGAAT. Birmingham first.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Next 5 games on 22:18 - Feb 22 with 2572 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Next 5 games on 22:13 - Feb 22 by PioneerBlue

You lot love looking ahead. We basically want 3 points in every game. The focus though is OGAAT. Birmingham first.

Predictions: 8 games to the end of Feb by PioneerBlue 3 Jan 7:32
Sunderland H
Leicester City A
Rotherham United H
Preston North End A
West Bromwich Albion H
Millwall A
Swansea City A
Birmingham City H

16 points

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Next 5 games on 22:36 - Feb 22 with 2454 viewsVegtablue

Next 5 games on 22:18 - Feb 22 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Predictions: 8 games to the end of Feb by PioneerBlue 3 Jan 7:32
Sunderland H
Leicester City A
Rotherham United H
Preston North End A
West Bromwich Albion H
Millwall A
Swansea City A
Birmingham City H

16 points

What are the chances we're on course for 14, 15 or 17.
Next 5 games on 23:06 - Feb 22 with 2288 viewsBlueBadger

15 POINTS 15 GOALS

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Next 5 games on 02:05 - Feb 23 with 2088 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anything can happen but I personally think we need to win 4 of next 5 minimum to stand a shot.
Next 5 games on 08:01 - Feb 23 with 1874 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Why are we still hyping up bottom half teams with next to no chance of getting a playoff spot. At the start of the season these teams might have looked intimidating, but our squad have more than proved themselves.

That’s not to say we won’t drop points (because football) but sometimes I feel our players don’t get the credit they deserve. If you look at most fan forums discussing fixtures most of them will say the ‘Ipswich were not getting anything from that..’, it’s odd that the opposition back us more than we do…
Next 5 games on 08:30 - Feb 23 with 1802 viewsChurchman

The reality is that aside from Leeds, we’ve lost to two teams, one of whom we dominated at home and the other against who we were a lot better second time around.

This season we are stronger than most teams and should just carry with our no fear football. Ok it does my health in watching it at times, but it’s exciting and the table says it all.

Hull away, Southampton at home plus a few others? Of course they’re tricky. But they’re a bl**dy sight trickier for our opponents, including the mob up the road. I wouldn’t write out teams with nothing to play for either. Just look at what Bristol City did to Southampton.

Remember the lesson of Middlesbrough in 81. Nothing to play for and yet they torpedoed our title winning chances. Every team has something to play for. Building for next year, players playing for careers and contracts, teams playing without pressure.

Not 5 games. 13 individual challenges - McKenna is right to approach them as he does. It’s all good and I am looking forward to seeing how they deal with them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024